• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jürgen Klinsmann Resigns as Hertha BSC Head Coach

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

"I want to build something big here". 10 weeks later, "see ya later, bitches". Not a good look. 

A fantastic player but as a manager...a complete tosser. Didn't understand why Hertha hired him in the first place. 

• The title was changed to Jürgen Klinsmann Resigns as Hertha BSC Head Coach

I know the feelings for Hertha are not the best in Germany, but something is not quite right here.  Call me suspicious, but I have a feeling there is more to this that JK is admitting and we may have to wait for a while before the real reason comes out.  Of all the 'past' German greats he has always had a special place for me and this is not the man I have respected for years.  Something is wrong here!:(

• Subscriber
Just now, Faithcore said:

Appararently Klinsmann resigned because he is supposed to take over for Kohfeldt in Bremen. It's not confirmed yet though. :ph34r:

xD I'd cancel my membership if that happened. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SchalkeUK said:

I know the feelings for Hertha are not the best in Germany, but something is not quite right here.  Call me suspicious, but I have a feeling there is more to this that JK is admitting and we may have to wait for a while before the real reason comes out.  Of all the 'past' German greats he has always had a special place for me and this is not the man I have respected for years.  Something is wrong here!:(

Yeah maybe he couldn't find that coaching license he allegedly "forgot" in California after all :ph34r:

Allegedly Klinsmann demanded a two years contract as technical director, a position that doesn't exist at Hertha, from next season on and resigned, when the board answered they could talk about a new role for Klinsmann, if and when their stay in the league is secured. He behaved like a little child, if true.

• Subscriber

Wow. So he gets appointed until the end of the season, spends 75+ million in less than three months, the club is still near the bottom of the table, yet he prioritises consolidating power, throws his toys out of the pram when he's not given what he wants immediately and then quits via a facebook post leaving the club in chaos in the middle of the season before even informing them properly? Yet still he's very eager to stay in the Aufsichtsrat despite the "lack of trust" allegedly showed by the club for him. That's absurd xD Even more absurd is the fact that Hertha are actually letting him stay after what happened??? Someone should get that clown a private jet and send him back to California. 

On 11/02/2020 at 14:33, SchalkeUK said:

Apparently he and Mr.Preetz had some big disagreements. Essentially, I think that Klinsmann wanted more control over the affairs at the club, but Hertha Berlin weren't willing to give in to his demands.

It's a real shame, but I would of thought that all this would have been sorted out before he became manager at Hertha. When he signed the contract, he must of known what the terms and conditions were. So unfortunately, I think that Jurgen might only have himself to blame in this particular situation.

Either way, he's probably jumped into his beetle, riding down the autobahn and heading to the nearest airport, so he can fly back to California. What a short stay he has had in Berlin. He spent 80 million plus euros on new players, only to leave a few weeks later. I wonder what the new players he signed must be thinking?:dam: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So it keeps getting better and better xD  

Klinsmann's "diary" (22 pages) about his time at Hertha somehow "got leaked" to the media; and there he hits out at just about everyone at the club for having no charisma and performance culture, depicts president Werner Gegenbauer as an "ill-tempered" person who does not stick to his word and claims Preetz's relationship with the team was shaped by a "culture of lying which destroyed the mutual trust with the players." In addition, Klinsmann said that the club's current situation is a result of years and years of catastrophic failings from Michael Preetz in all things related to the sporting sector and claimed the club's relegation would have been guaranteed in November already if he hadn't taken over :ph34r: Squad planning is disastrous and the squad is in a terrible physical and mental shape. In further jibes at the club's media department, Klinsmann said that sponsorship deals with Amazon and TESLA were only tied to his name - as well as a further €150 million cash injection by investor Lars Windhorst. Also according to him, the club's medical department is incompetent and unable to cope with the requirements of modern football and the whole management board needs to be replaced if the club wants to have any long-term success. He also "advised" Hertha to keep Nouri in charge until the end of the season because "the players know that he (Nouri) is still in touch and regularly communicating with the previous coaching staff" (aka Klinsmann). 

:4_joy:

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

So it keeps getting better and better xD  

Klinsmann's "diary" (22 pages) about his time at Hertha somehow "got leaked" to the media; and there he hits out at just about everyone at the club for having no charisma and performance culture, depicts president Werner Gegenbauer as an "ill-tempered" person who does not stick to his word and claims Preetz's relationship with the team was shaped by a "culture of lying which destroyed the mutual trust with the players." In addition, Klinsmann said that the club's current situation is a result of years and years of catastrophic failings from Michael Preetz in all things related to the sporting sector and claimed the club's relegation would have been guaranteed in November already if he hadn't taken over :ph34r: Squad planning is disastrous and the squad is in a terrible physical and mental shape. In further jibes at the club's media department, Klinsmann said that sponsorship deals with Amazon and TESLA were only tied to his name - as well as a further €150 million cash injection by investor Lars Windhorst. Also according to him, the club's medical department is incompetent and unable to cope with the requirements of modern football and the whole management board needs to be replaced if the club wants to have any long-term success. He also "advised" Hertha to keep Nouri in charge until the end of the season because "the players know that he (Nouri) is still in touch and regularly communicating with the previous coaching staff" (aka Klinsmann). 

:4_joy:

Just when you thought it can't get any more crazy. 

Very entertaining though. 

giphy.gif

Archived