talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

[VOTE] Team of the 21st Century - CM - Semi Finals

football forum

Who makes the final?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Andrea Pirlo or Steven Gerrard?

2. 2. Zinedine Zidane or Andres Iniesta?

• Zinedine Zidane
    • Andres Iniesta

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pirlo and Iniesta. An easy selection that I didn't even need to think twice. There are videos of Zidane doing elaborate dribblings moves and technoques with no players near him xDIt is kinda funny when you think about it.

Pirlo because, its Pirlo. Oozes style so effortlessly. 

Now then.

Iniesta was supurb, but for me, life is easier to do what he does best when you have Xavi and Busquets around you.

And Zidane had the 'X Factor' I would pay to watch. He would do things that would get me out my seat.

And he'll always get my vote for one of the best headers I've ever seen on Materazzi.

Insult my family. No fucks given.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Iniesta was supurb, but for me, life is easier to do what he does best when you have Xavi and Busquets around you.

In Zidane's team while he was at Real Madrid though, ironically he had Claude Makelele who made this team over Busquets.

Not to mention he also had the likes of Ronaldo, Guti, Figo, Cambiasso around him...

2 hours ago, Stan said:

In Zidane's team while he was at Real Madrid though, ironically he had Claude Makelele who made this team over Busquets.

Not to mention he also had the likes of Ronaldo, Guti, Figo, Cambiasso around him...

Get your point and respect that, but Iniesta was not expected to be the match winner when he played IMO. He was a very key cog mind.

You can get away with it to a degree in that midfield three because you just need to keep the ball moving in that style of theirs, and pop the ball off to the flair players like Messi or Suarez or Villa, Torres etc.

And I'm not for one minute trying to underplay Iniesta because he was class, brilliant player. Better than Xavi for me.

But Zidane, IMO, had to cope with being a match winner because the onus was on him as a flair player to drag through Madrid and France because of his skills.

They all look to him to carry the burden and to me, I think that's a greater responsibility.

But the poll favours Iniesta so far so its clear more people agree with you than myself.

Archived