Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Juventus Want Guardiola For Next Season

Report: Juventus want Guardiola

Juventus will try to poach Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola to replace Maurizio Sarri next season, claim English reports.

According to The Sun newspaper, Bianconeri President Andrea Agnelli believes Guardiola is the ideal coach to take his club to the very top of the continental game.

It comes just hours after growing speculation in Italy that Sarri could be axed to bring back Max Allegri.

This will all sound very familiar to those who experienced weeks of assurances from various sources that Guardiola had agreed a contract with Juventus and was just waiting for Manchester City to have a transfer ban imposed due to Financial Fair Play irregularities.

Juve insisted Sarri was always their first choice, although many expected them to go for Guardiola, if given the chance.

Manchester City now seemed to have reached a plateau and have already ceded the Premier League title to Liverpool.

Guardiola already speaks good Italian, having played for Roma and Brescia, while he is good friends with several Italian tacticians, including Arrigo Sacchi and Sarri.

The Spaniard has won the Champions League twice with Barcelona in 2009 and 2011.

That is the prize that has eluded Juve since 1996 and the one they are most determined to capture.

A lot of rumors about Juventus moving away from the Sarri experiment. 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

According to The Sun newspaper

Just now, ...Dan said:

I get my Serie A from Football Italia, and if they quote the Sun...what can I say? 

Probably better to get a thread going on the sure to come Juventus coaching search. 

Zero chance of Pep moving from City anytime soon, he love's it here

9 minutes ago, Chhokshukhr said:

Guardiola Sucks Cahock

Solid first post. I agree.