The better place to talk football.

Locke & Key

football forum

• Subscriber

Thought it deserves its own thread...

Locke-and-Key-poster.jpeg?ssl=1

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3007572/

Anyone else watching? 

@Bluewolf I'm on episode 3 and already hate that bitch from the well xD Really enjoying it. Seems to have a fine balance of suspense, fantasy, humour, drama and spookiness. Are you finished with Season 1 already?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7.7 on imdb doesn't sound tooooooo promising, but I've heard a few things about it. Granted, I'm on some weird Netflix group on facebook where they even treat the Big Bang Theory like a masterpiece. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

7.7 on imdb doesn't sound tooooooo promising, but I've heard a few things about it. Granted, I'm on some weird Netflix group on facebook where they even treat the Big Bang Theory like a masterpiece. 

7.7 rating is bad??? O.o 

I'm always skeptical about imdb ratings but this one sounds about right to me. An entertaining fun series, not the best of the best though. It's a bit of a niche series I suppose. If you're not into fantasy, comics and a bit of spookiness then it's probably not for you.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Saw the trailer and truthfully it looked like something I won’t even bother 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

This. 

The previews look pretty bad. 

Yeah the trailer was a bit meh, I'll give you that. 

Just now, nudge said:

7.7 rating is bad??? O.o 

I'm always skeptical about imdb ratings but this one sounds about right to me. An entertaining fun series, not the best of the best though. It's a bit of a niche series I suppose. If you're not into fantasy, comics and a bit of spookiness then it's probably not for you.

Not at all. Movies with that rating usually turn out to be the best. Just when it's REALLY a series that's BRILLIANT, it's usually higher. 

imdb is usually a pretty good indicator IMO. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Not at all. Movies with that rating usually turn out to be the best. Just when it's REALLY a series that's BRILLIANT, it's usually higher. 

imdb is usually a pretty good indicator IMO. 

Oh I wouldn't say it's BRILLIANT; just a good fun. I think people tend to have too high expectations when it comes to movies/series lately.

11 hours ago, nudge said:

Are you finished with Season 1 already?

I am... :D

I see a bit of a mixed bag of reactions to it already on here... I don't really trust ratings all that much myself, I would rather watch something first and then make my own mind up and as you touched on already I am not sure what it is that people expect of anything they watch these days considering that just about every conceivable style and genre has already been done to death in one form or another... finding one or two that are an enjoyable 50 minutes fill time with likable characters or a fairly decent plot are what I look for... 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I am... :D

I see a bit of a mixed bag of reactions to it already on here... I don't really trust ratings all that much myself, I would rather watch something first and then make my own mind up and as you touched on already I am not sure what it is that people expect of anything they watch these days considering that just about every conceivable style and genre has already been done to death in one form or another... finding one or two that are an enjoyable 50 minutes fill time with likable characters or a fairly decent plot are what I look for... 

No fighting in front of the bacon! 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

If you do manage to stay the course and watch the whole of season one we need to discuss those kids.... 

Just finished Episode 5 and I really need someone to watch this series with... I know it's not particularly scary but I'm such a chicken when it comes to spooky things and it creeps me out at times xD Still love it though.

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just finished Episode 5 and I really need someone to watch this series with... I know it's not particularly scary but I'm such a chicken when it comes to spooky things and it creeps me out at times xD Still love it though.

Is it really scary? It looks like a knock off on the Series of Unfortunate Events...

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Is it really scary? It looks like a knock off on the Series of Unfortunate Events...

Not really xD At least not for most people I think. It's about the atmosphere and subtle little things sometimes; you know - the weird music where you know something is going to happen, creepy lighting, whispering, huge empty mysterious mansions, some creepy vibes every once in a while and the likes xD 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ah, gotcha.

I can start it tomorrow with you, then. See what the fuss is all about. 

That's very nice of you but what I meant is I need someone actually being physically present on the coach with me when I watch it xD Silly; I know.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

That's very nice of you but what I meant is I need someone actually being physically present on the coach with me when I watch it xD Silly; I know.

ha- well head on over and I'll be caught up by the time you're here. xD

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Sounds ok, I will have to have a wee look first, looks like nice little jumpy bits in it so that won't go down well with the wife as I have just shown her the trailer

I hate jump scares too and there aren't really any in the series fortunately.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Finished it last night and thought it was okay and just okay. The plot twist at the end was spoiled the minute they did all the "hoorah we're all rid of this shit" scenes. But definitely a one time watch and no more.

No spoilers ¬¬ :P 

Archived