talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Locke & Key

football forum

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, nudge said:

I hate jump scares too and there aren't really any in the series fortunately.

Well, that will be me on catch up time now, watched 3 episodes last night with the wife and quite enjoyed them, headed off to bed and she said I will be in bed too shortly...like hell lol, I woke up about 3 ish and Liz was still watching it so she is way ahead of me and she is hooked on it.

She did the same with the series Crown, kept watching it when I was not around and in the end, I lost track of the show, we have the grandson staying the night so once he is tucked in then we will watch Locke & Key again, that's us hooked on the show.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Gave up with tv series altogether now... Watched pretty much all of Narcos Mexico on my jack jones... at least I didn't get interrupted the whole time B|

Peaky Blinders was about the only series we watched from start to finish together, after that Crown and now this Locke & Key Liz will get hooked on it and if I am out shopping, early bed and what not she will just keep watching episode after episode.  :dash3:

• Subscriber

So I just finished it! Loved it; definitely not perfect (my biggest gripe was some extremely dumb decisions by the main characters; some of them on par in terms of silliness with those where your regular horror movie girl goes down into the basement with no weapon haha) and a bit corny at times (but in the good sense as a throwback to the movies of the 80s) but very very enjoyable and certainly very unique in terms of the story. Pretty much figured the twist in the end well before it happened but that didn't ruin my watching experience at all. 

@Bluewolf @Mel81x have you read the original comic books?

1 minute ago, nudge said:

So I just finished it! Loved it; definitely not perfect (my biggest gripe was some extremely dumb decisions by the main characters; some of them on par in terms of silliness with those where your regular horror movie girl goes down into the basement with no weapon haha) and a bit corny at times (but in the good sense as a throwback to the movies of the 80s) but very very enjoyable and certainly very unique in terms of the story. Pretty much figured the twist in the end well before it happened but that didn't ruin my watching experience at all. 

@Bluewolf @Mel81x have you read the original comic books?

Never read the comics which is probably good in one respect because if there has been anything that differs from them to the series it could have been annoying but as it was with no expectation it was a  decent first series and I certainly look forward to a second series which hopefully it will get.... I am glad I am not the only one that was frustrated with those kids constant poor and frankly dumb at times decisions regarding the keys and situations especially the scene with the Key and the Crown for example...

I appreciate that there must be some give and take over ownership of the keys etc and don't know how closely this followed the comics but it was a constant source of annoyance to me especially near the end. Having said that, if that was by design then they did a good job... after all, what's the point of watching something if it does not move you emotionally in some fashion or another.. xD

Overall thought it was a decent watch throughout and liked the spooky/creepy mansion goings on as well as the finding out all the things the keys could do... Just wondering how many keys there are in total?? Like you the ending was a little bit obvious but how else are we getting to series 2 

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Never read the comics which is probably good in one respect because if there has been anything that differs from them to the series it could have been annoying but as it was with no expectation it was a  decent first series and I certainly look forward to a second series which hopefully it will get.... I am glad I am not the only one that was frustrated with those kids constant poor and frankly dumb at times decisions regarding the keys and situations especially the scene with the Key and the Crown for example...

I appreciate that there must be some give and take over ownership of the keys etc and don't know how closely this followed the comics but it was a constant source of annoyance to me especially near the end. Having said that, if that was by design then they did a good job... after all, what's the point of watching something if it does not move you emotionally in some fashion or another.. xD

Overall thought it was a decent watch throughout and liked the spooky/creepy mansion goings on as well as the finding out all the things the keys could do... Just wondering how many keys there are in total?? Like you the ending was a little bit obvious but how else are we getting to series 2 

I mean I understand that those kids are extremely fucked up from what happened to their family in the last 3 months and emotionally they should definitely be an absolute mess but yeah, some "decisions" and choices were still straight out imbecile xD I did like Bode though and I thought he was quite clever overall with a few reckless decisions which made him quite a believable character as he's still just a kid and one who went through a lot. Scot Kavendish is the character that I really liked too and he's probably the only one reasonable one in the show haha. "Demon disposal service, you called?" xD Enjoy quite a few one-liners as some comical relief in the show; some great exchanges there.

I think we're going to see more keys in Season 2 for sure. I also hope that Sam's ghost will have a part to play as well. Kinda felt sorry for him... Also hope we get a bit more backstory on the keys as well as the black door/demon hole in the caves and the Locke ancestors.

You were also right about having a new character to hate haha. Thought Dodge was played really well by the actress; just seeing her on the screen makes me want to brick her in the face xD 

Oh and it turns out you can buy the keys online :D

OMeGaKeY-web.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=1

https://skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/product/omega-key

22 hours ago, nudge said:

I mean I understand that those kids are extremely fucked up from what happened to their family in the last 3 months and emotionally they should definitely be an absolute mess but yeah, some "decisions" and choices were still straight out imbecile xD I did like Bode though and I thought he was quite clever overall with a few reckless decisions which made him quite a believable character as he's still just a kid and one who went through a lot. Scot Kavendish is the character that I really liked too and he's probably the only one reasonable one in the show haha. "Demon disposal service, you called?" xD Enjoy quite a few one-liners as some comical relief in the show; some great exchanges there.

I think we're going to see more keys in Season 2 for sure. I also hope that Sam's ghost will have a part to play as well. Kinda felt sorry for him... Also hope we get a bit more backstory on the keys as well as the black door/demon hole in the caves and the Locke ancestors.

You were also right about having a new character to hate haha. Thought Dodge was played really well by the actress; just seeing her on the screen makes me want to brick her in the face xD 

Oh and it turns out you can buy the keys online :D

OMeGaKeY-web.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=1

https://skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/product/omega-key

Well they didn't hang about did they... xD

As for Dodge she makes Smith off Lost In Space seem almost angelic... 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived