• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

David Beckham In King Arthur Legend Of The Sword

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

First it was Centurion Clive Owen and Keira Knightleys CGI boobs. Now the legend of Arthur is a 21st century haircut.

It isn't just the ahistorical haircuts that are giving me an ulcer. Look at that beautifully woven white jacket he is wearing, oh and those leather pants. Fucks sake, give the bloke a tunic and a robe and poxy leather footstrappings. 

His immaculately tailored pristine white jacket is unbuttoned to show what a renegade he is. He looks more like he is at a creed concert than early ages middle England.

Becks is wearing 'armor' that looks more like it's from the future than the past. How fucking shite is Hollywood now that Monty fucking python can get it more accurate.

I liked Clive Owen's version I'll be honest, great to watch when playing Rome: Total War haha.

This does look horrific though, I feel like King Arthur needs a good film...LOTR/GoT style

Its not the quality of film that's the problem. The problem is the model of cinema takings and a films success  being judged based on box office receipts in the opening weekend.

That means huge marketing is required to get the word out, hugely increasing costs.  And resulting in a very risk averse approach that hugely limits the range and quality of films being made.

I think an on demand model that enables word of a film to get out over time with word of mouth playing a larger role will give more original concepts a chance of getting made. 

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Harry said:

Its not the quality of film that's the problem. The problem is the model of cinema takings and a films success  being judged based on box office receipts in the opening weekend.

That means huge marketing is required to get the word out, hugely increasing costs.  And resulting in a very risk averse approach that hugely limits the range and quality of films being made.

I think an on demand model that enables word of a film to get out over time with word of mouth playing a larger role will give more original concepts a chance of getting made. 

Didn't production spinoffs like Fox Searchlight take care of that kind of problem?

Archived