• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Norwich 0-1 Liverpool - Saturday 15th February, 2020

football forum

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

17 consequtive victories! One more and you equalise MC's record.

Yep! Equals the club record this side set earlier in the season before the draw at Old Trafford. You'd hope we beat that with West Ham at home next

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Don’t play into the hands of gimps who think the prem is different from the first division. It’s the best in English history. 

For me it's not really anything to do with the Premier League, it's more to do with what I remember from Liverpool. So I can remember from about '96 onwards. But yeah, I'd be interested to compare this side to the 70s and 80s

Relieved to get the win in the end.

Felt that Ox and Naby weren't quite clicking with the other players today which caught us out in a couple of attacks, but we were better second half, and particularly once Mane came on. Great to see him back too. And a strong Mane goal on return to secure the win is surely exactly what the doctor ordered.

Naby, for me, was garbage. His decision making with the final ball was awful today. I really expect a lot from him. It’s getting to the point to where his market venue has dropped considerably and I’d look at moving him on if he doesn’t start to produce consistently.

• The title was changed to Norwich 0-1 Liverpool - Saturday 15th February, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
On 16/02/2020 at 02:49, Rick said:

Naby, for me, was garbage. His decision making with the final ball was awful today. I really expect a lot from him. It’s getting to the point to where his market venue has dropped considerably and I’d look at moving him on if he doesn’t start to produce consistently.

He had a decent game? Looked most likely to open things up out of all our players? It was also his first game back from a fairly long lay off.

43 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He had a decent game? Looked most likely to open things up out of all our players? It was also his first game back from a fairly long lay off.

Probably MOTM next to Mane for me. In a game where no one really stood out, he was constantly involved, and like you said, the most likely to make something happen

I do sort of agree, to be fair, that it's getting to the point where we look at moving him on. Not there yet, mind, but we're heading in that direction. He's usually very good when he plays, but he's just not worth keeping if he can't stay fit.

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Far from being our worst player on the day and being singled out for criticism as well for me. 

Perhaps I’m being a little bit harsh on him, but the fact of the matter is that he was brought into the club for big money and has shown only glimpses of what we paid for. He absolutely has to stay fit for a while now, and needs to add some goals/assist to his game. Can’t be having passengers in this team, especially in his position, which is something we have struggled with. 

In Klopp I trust, but Naby needs to start producing a lot more. 

31 minutes ago, Rick said:

Perhaps I’m being a little bit harsh on him, but the fact of the matter is that he was brought into the club for big money and has shown only glimpses of what we paid for. He absolutely has to stay fit for a while now, and needs to add some goals/assist to his game. Can’t be having passengers in this team, especially in his position, which is something we have struggled with. 

I think hes been very good whenever hes played to be fair. As you say, its staying fit that has been his issue. Cant really blame that on him like. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think hes been very good whenever hes played to be fair. As you say, its staying fit that has been his issue. Cant really blame that on him like. 

He was making some solid penetrating dribbles, and doing some great stuff, but it usually ended in disappointing fashion, where either he played the wrong ball, or made the wrong run... Stuff that for me shows he's got individual brilliance but isn't gelling well on the pitch with our existing players.

Granted injury has been a constant disruption but it is grating at this point that he hasn't been able to stay fit.

6 hours ago, Rick said:

You're being very harsh. Also, what have Liverpool struggled with in midfield?o.O

I think we can all agree that an improvement on this side would be an attacking minded midfield player. Somebody like Havertz who could link the midfield with the front three perfectly. Keita was supposed to be that link, but so far it hasn’t exactly paid off. 

Let it be known that I actually rate Keita...when he’s fit and in the handful of games he’s really showcased himself. But I’m not willing to constantly say “oh he’s had some injuries, he just needs a run in the team”. Injuries are part of being a professional footballer, and if you’re not fit to play then you’re not much use. 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

I think we can all agree that an improvement on this side would be an attacking minded midfield player. Somebody like Havertz who could link the midfield with the front three perfectly. Keita was supposed to be that link, but so far it hasn’t exactly paid off. 

Let it be known that I actually rate Keita...when he’s fit and in the handful of games he’s really showcased himself. But I’m not willing to constantly say “oh he’s had some injuries, he just needs a run in the team”. Injuries are part of being a professional footballer, and if you’re not fit to play then you’re not much use. 

Stick prime Steven Gerrard there if you want. We'd still only be a maximum of two points better off

8 hours ago, Rick said:

He was starting to get goals and assists before this most recent injury, to be fair.

Be careful what you wish for with attack-minded midfielders too. You run the risk of losing output from the fullbacks because they're not covered anymore. That already happens a bit too much for me when Oxlade-Chamberlain plays sometimes

I realise I’m being harsh on him, perhaps a little too much. I just do not want to see this team end up going stale because of the idea that “we can’t improve”. We absolutely can improve in certain areas. 

Not saying any of you lot have said that, it’s more the point I’m trying (poorly) to get across.

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

I realise I’m being harsh on him, perhaps a little too much. I just do not want to see this team end up going stale because of the idea that “we can’t improve”. We absolutely can improve in certain areas. 

Not saying any of you lot have said that, it’s more the point I’m trying (poorly) to get across.

I don't disagree with you mate. If we had Naby in 2014 we'd be thrilled but this is a side that is in fantastic shape and just trying to get that 1% better and looking to maintain hunger and go just as hard in future years without burnout becoming an issue. Naby has shown he's a fine player but for me still very rough around the edges and if he gets injured again before the year end, knowing he'll also be in that gone in January for AFCON basket I'd likely be offering him as a bargaining chip in a transfer deal. 

He hasn't been bad but he was our Virgil Van dyke level priced midfield acquisition and he hasn't quite lived up to that.

Archived