Draws - 38
Newcastle - 67

Recent Form
Arsenal - DWDDD
Newcastle - WDDDW

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are due something at Arsenal after 7 defeats in a row and 11 defeats in the last 12.

If anyone's going to do it is the mighty Steve Bruce.

Actually the only time we've won there in the last 12 games was when Andy Caroll was building his £35m price tag. Get him on!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

We are due something at Arsenal after 7 defeats in a row and 11 defeats in the last 12.

If anyone's going to do it is the mighty Steve Bruce.

Actually the only time we've won there in the last 12 games was when Andy Caroll was building his £35m price tag. Get him on!

Think you're onto something if Caroll is on he tends to become a nuisance to defenses and Arsenal's are weak all over the shop. Partner that with St. Max and Almiron and you've got a proper chance of getting something. What happened to the young player that was doing so well, Longstaff? I didn't see him in the last game? Injured?

On 14/02/2020 at 07:05, Mel81x said:

Think you're onto something if Caroll is on he tends to become a nuisance to defenses and Arsenal's are weak all over the shop. Partner that with St. Max and Almiron and you've got a proper chance of getting something. What happened to the young player that was doing so well, Longstaff? I didn't see him in the last game? Injured?

The Longstaff's played in the FA Cup. Sean scored and plenty are calling for him to start in a number 10 role behind Joelinton, but how we then start Almiron and Maxi I don't know. Not sure if Carroll is fit enough for the match day squad.

Sean Longstaff hasn't really been getting in the team this season. He's been given a game here and there but never done enough in it to keep out Shelvey and Hayden. Now we have Bentaleb it's even harder for him.

Not a great first half and it looked like it might end up as yet another draw but a very good second half. 4 goals and a clean sheet. Good performances from Ozil, Pepe and Saka. Lacazette ends his drought as well.

Very important win for Arteta he definitely needed that, for all the good will the league form since he has taken over hasn't been brilliant results wise. Nice to see Pepe get some more goal contributions, I have a lot of faith on him really stepping up. He has all the tools to be phenomenal in this league. 

That was one of the best Arsenal performances this season. You could clearly tell the gulf in class between the two sides. Arsenal were dynamic and hungry today, they took their chances well. But Arsenal really need to maintain this standard, as 10th place in the Premier League, is just not good enough for a club of their size. They should be competing for a top 4 Champions League place, just like Chelsea, Tottenham and Leicester City are doing.

Newcastle United's defence just couldn't deal with the Arsenal attack after Aubameyang opened the scoring early in the second half. After that it was all Arsenal, as the Arsenal forwards made the Newcastle defenders dizzy with their attacking play. 

Worrying collapse. Man Utd game all over again. It's funny, I was discussing with someone earlier in the week how we are the worst footballing side in the league but we don't have the worst mentality. Then they go and give up and die.

Needed to be going 1 up in that first half hour.

Players looked unfit. Lascelles especially. For our winter break the players were allowed to do whatever they wanted for 2 weeks as long as they went to the gym 3 times. Could that have played a part?

44 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Worrying collapse. Man Utd game all over again. It's funny, I was discussing with someone earlier in the week how we are the worst footballing side in the league but we don't have the worst mentality. Then they go and give up and die.

Needed to be going 1 up in that first half hour.

Players looked unfit. Lascelles especially. For our winter break the players were allowed to do whatever they wanted for 2 weeks as long as they went to the gym 3 times. Could that have played a part?

Personally pleased you lost this one.... the idea of seeing another one of your lot waving his bits about on the back pages was enough to put me off my breakfast... 

8 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Personally pleased you lost this one.... the idea of seeing another one of your lot waving his bits about on the back pages was enough to put me off my breakfast... 

Just you wait til 35000 are doing it at Wembley in the FA Cup.

All the way, all the way, windmill all the way

• The title was changed to Arsenal 4-0 Newcastle - Sunday 16th February, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived