• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 0-2 Man Utd - Monday 17th February, 2020

football forum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Just catching up. Missed the first half but totally agree from the clip posted on the last page that has to be a red card if Son's was.

Unfortunate for Chelsea but I think both disallowed goals were correct. Although you guys are pointing out a push by Fred that I didn't notice live.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Just catching up. Missed the first half but totally agree from the clip posted on the last page that has to be a red card if Son's was.

Unfortunate for Chelsea but I think both disallowed goals were correct. Although you guys are pointing out a push by Fred that I didn't notice live.

I didn't notice it live either. But if VAR sees a push by Azpilicueta on Williams, they simply have to see the same on Azpilicueta by Fred.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-2 Man Utd - Monday 17th February, 2020
  • Subscriber

Chelsea have properly started to implode haven't they.

We've got Arsenal and Chelsea away and United and Liverpool at home in the next four and I'll be disappointed if we can't get at least 5 points.

As for United, I think the commentary said they've got Watford next? Nailed on 0-0 or loss.

Take away the referee decisions which I couldn't really give a toss about (rarely do), United didn't have to do much at all to score two goals and come away with three points in our own back yard.

The game was just a carbon copy of everything wrong we've seen from us the last couple of months, nothing new.

Batshuayi, Willian and Pedro is not even top ten standard, let alone top four.

The Zouma and Tomori partnership has shown the most potential this season, don't know why Lampard has messed around with the centre backs so much. Rudiger was made out to be a saint when he was injured earlier this season but I don't think we've won a game with him since he's been back in the reckoning. 

15 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Lampard has been far too protected this season. Too much for my liking. You can genuinely make a list of the errors he is solely responsible for that has led to this poor form. 

1. Ruining the Mount/Kovacic/Jorginho midfield. 

2. Recycling Centre Backs every week. 

3. Alienating Giroud when he is arguably our best finisher. 

4. Prefering Christensen (who is soft as kittens) over Tomori who is arguably our best CB. 

5. FAILING TO IMPROVE DEFENDING SET PIECES AFTER 7 BLOODY MONTHS IN MANAGEMENT. 

There will always be the argument "Well, did you really expect to finish top 4 at the start of the season?"  No, I didn't. At the start of the season, I for one predicted us to finish somewhere between 7th-5th. However, expectations change when you put things into perspective. Did Liverpool fans expect to be 25 points clear of City at this point? Did Leicester expect to be comfortably 3rd? No, they didn't. However, If Liverpool somehow manage to bottle it or if Leicester fail to make top 4 and finish 5th, nobody will say "Well did you really expect to beat City?" or "Did you really expect to make Top 4?"  Everton, Wolves, and Sheffield didn't spend big and are within breathing distance from us. The narrative Lampard is overachieving is well and truly dead. 

When you are losing 1-8 on aggregate this season against possibly the worst Manchester United side in the Premier League era, I think its time for some pressure to be put on him.

• Subscriber

Genuinely putting me off the sport this to be honest. My faith in the integrity of the Premier League is at an all time low.

Don't get me wrong Chelsea were poor and Manchester United edged it but some of the decisions in that game were astounding. Some serious questions need asking after that.

Problem is you're expected to just go with the bias even when it benefits you and it's seen is abnormal to call it out, even when it benefits you.

Felt we did well in the first half, finishing as started before cost us and United scored from their first shot on target. The challenge on Michy was mehh can't say malicious but he basically put a foot high so he can land on it. Zouma's goal had to stand it killed us off, that was not a foul in any book then we concede again classic. Giroud is twice the player Michy will ever be. Only thing i can blame on Lampard is that he said he will give all the players a chance, Giroud didn't get the chance. Christensen is so soft he would struggle in the Spanish league our worst center back. Zouma and Tomori should be ahead of him always. Now the pressure is on, lost two and draw two in the last five. Spurs a point away, United three points away, Sheffield two points away and even Wolves and Everton are five points away. Hope bloody Tammy is ready for Spurs or just play fucking Giroud. Kepa should get back in the line up nothing changed with Caballero. Tomori is being ignored for some reason and he is our best CB, hope Kante is well too. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived