• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

[VOTE] Team of the 21st Century - CAM - Round of 16

Choose your CAM.  

24 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Kaka or Nuno Maniche?

    • Kaka
    • Nuno Maniche
      0
  2. 2. Clarence Seedorf or Thomas Muller?

    • Clarence Seedorf
    • Thomas Muller
  3. 3. Mesut Ozil or Dennis Bergkamp?

  4. 4. Rivaldo or Kevin De Bruyne?

  5. 5. Gianfranco Zola or Santi Cazorla?

    • Gianfranco Zola
    • Santi Cazorla
  6. 6. Juan Roman Riquelme or David Silva?

  7. 7. Rui Costa or Wesley Sneijder?

  8. 8. Francesco Totti or Carlos Tevez?

    • Francesco Totti
    • Carlos Tevez
      0


Recommended Posts

Time to choose the man to complete the midfield along with Claude Makelele and Andres Iniesta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good list mate, some interesting picks

Went for: Kaka, Seedorf, Bergkamp, Rivaldo, Zola, Silva, Costa, Totti.

However i always felt Rivaldo, Totti and even Bergkamp where more like second strikers etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Very good list mate, some interesting picks

Went for: Kaka, Seedorf, Bergkamp, Rivaldo, Zola, Silva, Costa, Totti.

However i always felt Rivaldo, Totti and even Bergkamp where more like second strikers etc?

Yeah we can treat this as a flexible "number ten"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Muller as more a right winger but I know he does play that 'second striker' role too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First 3 choices were easy.

The toughest one for me was Riquelme vs David Silva. Which is ironic after everything I said about the Argentinian the other day. I went to Riquelme just because of preference, but David Silva was great in his own right and I really rated him at City in his prime. It's very close really.

I also think De Bruyne got a bit robbed with his draw, but it's hard to vote for him over Rivaldo when his career still isn't over and we still won't fully appreciate his full talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I love Maniche had to give it to Kaka, when the Brazilian was on form it really was something else to watch and he made United look like they didn't know which way was up when he went to Old Trafford so that automatically gets an extra point in my books. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CAM probably is misleading for this one to be fair. Probably the hardest position to get right given that a CAM could be anything from a central midfielder who likes to arrive late in the box to a second striker.

Again, I'd urge you throughout this bracket to vote for who you think is the best player rather than worrying about Bergkamp being better than Kaka but Kaka being more of a natural "CAM".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Zidane would have been my winner in this role to be fair.

Iniesta for me mate, shocked he wasn't best keeper as well to be fair.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said in the other thread, if I had the chance I would have nominated Marek Hamsik. 

Hamsik was arguably the best CAM in the world in his prime. If I said Riquelme was underappreciated, Hamsik was even more underappreciated. In my opinion, Napoli's most important player of the De Laurentiis era.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totti x8

 

In all seriousness, voted for Kaka, Seedorf, Bergkamp, Rivaldo, Zola, Silva, Sneijder, Totti. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Totti x8

 

In all seriousness, voted for Kaka, Seedorf, Bergkamp, Rivaldo, Zola, Silva, Sneijder, Totti. 

Unless Rando rigs it, the final should be Kaka vs Totti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Unless Rando rigs it, the final should be Kaka vs Totti.

How would he rig it? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zola way too old, never saw him playing. Bergkamp was 30 in 2000. Zola was 33. Both a bit too told to be in here IMO and Brian a bit too hipster to be voting in this tbh. I imagine him wearing a Rayo Vallecano top and watching a stream of some Norwegian u-18 game while typing about how good Hamsik - the Slovak Raul Meireles is.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Machado said:

Zola way too old, never saw him playing. Bergkamp was 30 in 2000. Zola was 33. Both a bit too told to be in here IMO and Brian a bit too hipster to be voting in this tbh. I imagine him wearing a Rayo Vallecano top and watching a stream of some Norwegian u-18 game while typing about how good Hamsik - the Slovak Raul Meireles is.

Yeah, I would call you out for making up shit about me again, but in this case you're actually not far off...

Hamsik is clearly a player you've seen maybe once or twice in your life - he pushed Napoli as far as he could.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Yeah, I would call you out for making up shit about me again, but in this case you're actually not far off...

Ahah, that's hilarious actually.

18 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Hamsik is clearly a player you've seen maybe once or twice in your life - he pushed Napoli as far as he could.

Yeah, haven't had the privilege. Might download some footage later and do all the proper research before forming an opinion on him. My bad Brian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Machado said:

Ahah, that's hilarious actually.

I wouldn't have a Rayo Vallecano kit though. Not niche enough.

Try Minsa FBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Why is Sneijder beating Rui Costa? 

Sneijder is a lot more present in people's minds, specially for being in that famous Inter side as well as being a key player for the Netherlands during their best patch in this century. I honestly don't know about Rui Costa's perception outside of Portugal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Machado said:

Sneijder is a lot more present in people's minds, specially for being in that famous Inter side as well as being a key player for the Netherlands during their best patch in this century. I honestly don't know about Rui Costa's perception outside of Portugal.

I thought Rui Costa was an absolutely fucking brilliant player and IMO it's mental people are going with Sneijder over him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody will have to split the Riquelme/Silva tie before we move onto the quarter finals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Somebody will have to split the Riquelme/Silva tie before we move onto the quarter finals. 

done

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement