The better place to talk football.

[VOTE] Team of the 21st Century - CAM - Round of 16

football forum

Choose your CAM.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Kaka or Nuno Maniche?

• Kaka
    • Nuno Maniche
  2. 2. Clarence Seedorf or Thomas Muller?

• Clarence Seedorf
    • Thomas Muller
  3. 3. Mesut Ozil or Dennis Bergkamp?

4. 4. Rivaldo or Kevin De Bruyne?

5. 5. Gianfranco Zola or Santi Cazorla?

• Gianfranco Zola
    • Santi Cazorla
  6. 6. Juan Roman Riquelme or David Silva?

7. 7. Rui Costa or Wesley Sneijder?

8. 8. Francesco Totti or Carlos Tevez?

• Francesco Totti
    • Carlos Tevez

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Very good list mate, some interesting picks

Went for: Kaka, Seedorf, Bergkamp, Rivaldo, Zola, Silva, Costa, Totti.

However i always felt Rivaldo, Totti and even Bergkamp where more like second strikers etc?

Yeah we can treat this as a flexible "number ten"

First 3 choices were easy.

The toughest one for me was Riquelme vs David Silva. Which is ironic after everything I said about the Argentinian the other day. I went to Riquelme just because of preference, but David Silva was great in his own right and I really rated him at City in his prime. It's very close really.

I also think De Bruyne got a bit robbed with his draw, but it's hard to vote for him over Rivaldo when his career still isn't over and we still won't fully appreciate his full talent.

• Subscriber

As much as I love Maniche had to give it to Kaka, when the Brazilian was on form it really was something else to watch and he made United look like they didn't know which way was up when he went to Old Trafford so that automatically gets an extra point in my books. 

• Subscriber

CAM probably is misleading for this one to be fair. Probably the hardest position to get right given that a CAM could be anything from a central midfielder who likes to arrive late in the box to a second striker.

Again, I'd urge you throughout this bracket to vote for who you think is the best player rather than worrying about Bergkamp being better than Kaka but Kaka being more of a natural "CAM".

Like I said in the other thread, if I had the chance I would have nominated Marek Hamsik. 

Hamsik was arguably the best CAM in the world in his prime. If I said Riquelme was underappreciated, Hamsik was even more underappreciated. In my opinion, Napoli's most important player of the De Laurentiis era.

Zola way too old, never saw him playing. Bergkamp was 30 in 2000. Zola was 33. Both a bit too told to be in here IMO and Brian a bit too hipster to be voting in this tbh. I imagine him wearing a Rayo Vallecano top and watching a stream of some Norwegian u-18 game while typing about how good Hamsik - the Slovak Raul Meireles is.

5 minutes ago, Machado said:

Zola way too old, never saw him playing. Bergkamp was 30 in 2000. Zola was 33. Both a bit too told to be in here IMO and Brian a bit too hipster to be voting in this tbh. I imagine him wearing a Rayo Vallecano top and watching a stream of some Norwegian u-18 game while typing about how good Hamsik - the Slovak Raul Meireles is.

Yeah, I would call you out for making up shit about me again, but in this case you're actually not far off...

Hamsik is clearly a player you've seen maybe once or twice in your life - he pushed Napoli as far as he could.

10 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Yeah, I would call you out for making up shit about me again, but in this case you're actually not far off...

Ahah, that's hilarious actually.

18 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Hamsik is clearly a player you've seen maybe once or twice in your life - he pushed Napoli as far as he could.

Yeah, haven't had the privilege. Might download some footage later and do all the proper research before forming an opinion on him. My bad Brian.

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Why is Sneijder beating Rui Costa? 

Sneijder is a lot more present in people's minds, specially for being in that famous Inter side as well as being a key player for the Netherlands during their best patch in this century. I honestly don't know about Rui Costa's perception outside of Portugal.

4 hours ago, Machado said:

Sneijder is a lot more present in people's minds, specially for being in that famous Inter side as well as being a key player for the Netherlands during their best patch in this century. I honestly don't know about Rui Costa's perception outside of Portugal.

I thought Rui Costa was an absolutely fucking brilliant player and IMO it's mental people are going with Sneijder over him.

Archived