Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

The Batman (2021)

So many villains to choose from, so many permutations and they go with a Riddler and Catwoman combo.

8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

So many villains to choose from, so many permutations and they go with a Riddler and Catwoman combo.

Is this certain? I think i've read there will be several villains in this movie.

15 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Another fucking reboot. Just let it die ffs.

You are so edgy today Phillip

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Is this certain? I think i've read there will be several villains in this movie.

From the casting call so far its been just the Riddler and Catwoman. But its weird that we never see villains like Killer Croc or a better Mr. Freeze.

Just now, Mel81x said:

From the casting call so far its been just the Riddler and Catwoman. But its weird that we never see villains like Killer Croc or a better Mr. Freeze.

How dare you Schwarzenegger is a God.

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

How dare you Schwarzenegger is a God.

A god yes, a good Mr. Freeze no. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Mate, there’s only so many ways you can see Bruce Wayne’s parents die before you start wishing it was you pulling the fucking trigger.

Well that is absolutely true, however Dc fans cream over Batman since the other characters aren't so popular.

I kinda wish they'd spend some time with the mid-ground Batman that comes after Bane breaks his back. That frenchman was crazy and that Batman is all about raw justice, he even has a very cool suit. Maybe even do a movie with two protagonists and have the original Batman take down the new Batman. Could do a trilogy too. Make it happen DC make it happen.

• Upvote 1

On 23/11/2019 at 15:27, Tommy said:

:o 

I quite like the idea. I think he can do a menacing role if he wanted to eventhough most people will remember him predominantly for his comedy role in the Transformer series.

First images

jQmmeKA.jpg

0eo0lnt.jpg

aFXGn66.jpg

Gotta say that car is FUGLY and is Bruce suddenly poor and cant afford armour for the car anymore?

When Affleck was cast i thought he would be shit, turns to be in my opinion the best Batman and Bruce Wayne. Pattinson will always be mocked for Twillight but he is a great actor, if anyone saw any other movie that he acted in would agree. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Agree with @Mel81x. The car looks like an amateurish upgrade job. Even if they are doing an origin story, Wayne is super rich to do a better job.

This looks like a bad paint and modification job done on a Camaro.

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

When Affleck was cast i thought he would be shit, turns to be in my opinion the best Batman and Bruce Wayne. Pattinson will always be mocked for Twillight but he is a great actor, if anyone saw any other movie that he acted in would agree. 

@Tommy post from your own account:D.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

@Tommy post from your own account:D.

It's true though. Pattinson is one hell of an actor. 

23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It's true though. Pattinson is one hell of an actor. 

To be fair i realized it after watching some movies afterwards. 

I don't need another Batman movie but I'll probably watch it. Sigh.

While its not a reboot I have to ask why they seem to persist with this Riddler/Penguin combo and don't do something where they have a single villain playing the antagonist in these movies? I get that the Joker is iconic and does deserve his screen time (just like the Green Goblin does in the Spiderman movies) but I always feel like they bit-part the other villains in Batman movies. Such a plethora of villains to choose from both in the literature as well as the animated universe. 

Batman has the best villains in all of comic books, so I agree that it’s stupid to throw two or three into one film. Never understood why they did that in past films. Riddler, Penguin, Two-face, Mr freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Scarecrow....these are all good enough to be the focus of one film. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Batman has the best villains in all of comic books, so I agree that it’s stupid to throw two or three into one film. Never understood why they did that in past films. Riddler, Penguin, Two-face, Mr freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Scarecrow....these are all good enough to be the focus of one film. 

I think they do it to just say that they've got him pit against two or more to create the wow effect. It all really started when they did the second Batman with DeVito as the Penguin and Pfeiffer as probably the best version of Selina Kyle I have seen in a Batman movie. Then the formula just stuck. 

The Bale Batman probably did have a better use of villains honestly but even there Dent is second to the Joker, Bane is just a vehicle for a weak Talia, Scarecrow is really just a setup for Ras and the list goes on. I don't expect Hollywood to really change its formula but when you see what DC and WB did with the animated series (which has the best villain representations from the Batman universe) you're let wondering why they couldn't take that same approach to the movies.  

• Upvote 1

I love this so much. 

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Rick said:

I love this so much. 

I like the look of it. 

From a reddit comment:

Some important things that Reeves touched on that I think should be mentioned are:

-Batman is in the second year of his career, meaning...

-Villains are just starting out without their known aliases. Selina Kyle isn't Catwoman yet, Oswald Cobblepot isn't Penguin, and Edward Nash isn't Riddler (or whatever he'll call himself) yet. And yes his name is Edward Nash, not Nigma, as apparently that's one of his original names that fit the tone of the movie better.

-Batman is still rough around the edges (like reaallly rough as you can see from that last fight scene) and still building himself up to be the hope of Gotham. So the general citizen and policeman still see him as a crazed vigilante. Based on how Reeves worded it, he's working himself to be more "heroic" over time rather than a blunt instrument on crime. He's still young and angry.

-A key part of the plot is the surmounting corruption in Gotham. It's what intertwines Batman, Catwoman, Carmine Falcone, Penguin, the GCPD, and others together. It's the core motivation of Riddler's crimes and the mystery of the story.

Damn, I'm hyped. 

• Upvote 1

Should we expect a joker cross over at some point?

On 23/08/2020 at 08:39, Machado said:

Soundtrack though!

Love that version of Something in The Way