The better place to talk football.

The Batman (2021)

football forum

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
22 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Is this certain? I think i've read there will be several villains in this movie.

From the casting call so far its been just the Riddler and Catwoman. But its weird that we never see villains like Killer Croc or a better Mr. Freeze.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Mate, there’s only so many ways you can see Bruce Wayne’s parents die before you start wishing it was you pulling the fucking trigger.

Well that is absolutely true, however Dc fans cream over Batman since the other characters aren't so popular.

• Subscriber

I kinda wish they'd spend some time with the mid-ground Batman that comes after Bane breaks his back. That frenchman was crazy and that Batman is all about raw justice, he even has a very cool suit. Maybe even do a movie with two protagonists and have the original Batman take down the new Batman. Could do a trilogy too. Make it happen DC make it happen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 23/11/2019 at 15:27, Tommy said:

:o 

I quite like the idea. I think he can do a menacing role if he wanted to eventhough most people will remember him predominantly for his comedy role in the Transformer series.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When Affleck was cast i thought he would be shit, turns to be in my opinion the best Batman and Bruce Wayne. Pattinson will always be mocked for Twillight but he is a great actor, if anyone saw any other movie that he acted in would agree. 

Agree with @Mel81x. The car looks like an amateurish upgrade job. Even if they are doing an origin story, Wayne is super rich to do a better job.

This looks like a bad paint and modification job done on a Camaro.

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

When Affleck was cast i thought he would be shit, turns to be in my opinion the best Batman and Bruce Wayne. Pattinson will always be mocked for Twillight but he is a great actor, if anyone saw any other movie that he acted in would agree. 

@Tommy post from your own account:D.

• Subscriber

While its not a reboot I have to ask why they seem to persist with this Riddler/Penguin combo and don't do something where they have a single villain playing the antagonist in these movies? I get that the Joker is iconic and does deserve his screen time (just like the Green Goblin does in the Spiderman movies) but I always feel like they bit-part the other villains in Batman movies. Such a plethora of villains to choose from both in the literature as well as the animated universe. 

Batman has the best villains in all of comic books, so I agree that it’s stupid to throw two or three into one film. Never understood why they did that in past films. Riddler, Penguin, Two-face, Mr freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Scarecrow....these are all good enough to be the focus of one film. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Batman has the best villains in all of comic books, so I agree that it’s stupid to throw two or three into one film. Never understood why they did that in past films. Riddler, Penguin, Two-face, Mr freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Scarecrow....these are all good enough to be the focus of one film. 

I think they do it to just say that they've got him pit against two or more to create the wow effect. It all really started when they did the second Batman with DeVito as the Penguin and Pfeiffer as probably the best version of Selina Kyle I have seen in a Batman movie. Then the formula just stuck. 

The Bale Batman probably did have a better use of villains honestly but even there Dent is second to the Joker, Bane is just a vehicle for a weak Talia, Scarecrow is really just a setup for Ras and the list goes on. I don't expect Hollywood to really change its formula but when you see what DC and WB did with the animated series (which has the best villain representations from the Batman universe) you're let wondering why they couldn't take that same approach to the movies.  

• 5 months later...

Archived