• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Batman (2021)

football forum

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a reddit comment:

Some important things that Reeves touched on that I think should be mentioned are:

-Batman is in the second year of his career, meaning...

-Villains are just starting out without their known aliases. Selina Kyle isn't Catwoman yet, Oswald Cobblepot isn't Penguin, and Edward Nash isn't Riddler (or whatever he'll call himself) yet. And yes his name is Edward Nash, not Nigma, as apparently that's one of his original names that fit the tone of the movie better.

-Batman is still rough around the edges (like reaallly rough as you can see from that last fight scene) and still building himself up to be the hope of Gotham. So the general citizen and policeman still see him as a crazed vigilante. Based on how Reeves worded it, he's working himself to be more "heroic" over time rather than a blunt instrument on crime. He's still young and angry.

-A key part of the plot is the surmounting corruption in Gotham. It's what intertwines Batman, Catwoman, Carmine Falcone, Penguin, the GCPD, and others together. It's the core motivation of Riddler's crimes and the mystery of the story.

Damn, I'm hyped. 

• Subscriber

I liked the trailer. This is like when MGM rebooted Bond and made him grittier and use force instead of intellect to outwit the enemies. This version of Batman comes across as more fist-oriented and I think that's apt considering DC/WB spent so much time on their sideshow in the universe promoting Bruce as a troubled kid who wanted to use fear and intimidation with force vs. just using fear. 

Also, I know I thought the car may have looked weird when it was first portrayed but it looks so so much better now.

• Subscriber

The suit in the trailer alludes to the fact that WB/DC could really do a Batman Beyond movie or Knightfall at some point but I doubt either happens as they've already done a movie with Bane and I suppose the writers would want to write something different but the studios want the popular villains to hit the screen. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2019 at 05:04, DeadLinesman said:

Another fucking reboot. Just let it die ffs.

My favourite thing about this IMDB page:

"The plot is unknown.

No it's fucking not, it's Batman xD

Having said that, I love Batman and think he shits upon all other superheroes and their films (except Batman v Superman, which is mostly just a nonsense film starring 2 men that make women wet but aren't actually good at acting)... so I'll take this as a welcome reprieve to Disney trying to shove Marvel shite down my throat.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My favourite thing about this IMDB page:

"The plot is unknown.

No it's fucking not, it's Batman xD

Having said that, I love Batman and think he shits upon all other superheroes and their films (except Batman v Superman, which is mostly just a nonsense film starring 2 men that make women wet but aren't actually good at acting)... so I'll take this as a welcome reprieve to Disney trying to shove Marvel shite down my throat.

Yeah, Batman movies trump the other ones for sure. The Avengers and those are decent, and I still think the Spiderman movies are 100% garbage. Nothing makes me want to blow my head off more than watching Toby Fucking Maguire trying to act cool. 

tenor.gif?itemid=12557968

tenor.gif?itemid=4729061

9 hours ago, Eco said:

Yeah, Batman movies trump the other ones for sure. The Avengers and those are decent, and I still think the Spiderman movies are 100% garbage. Nothing makes me want to blow my head off more than watching Toby Fucking Maguire trying to act cool. 

tenor.gif?itemid=12557968

tenor.gif?itemid=4729061

I think that was kind of the point. Peter Parker wasn’t cool. At all.

Archived