talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City Receive Two Year Champions League Ban

football forum

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If leaked emails and voicemails are the evidence UEFA has, I think they should have a pretty ironclad case at the CAS appeal. The idea that UEFA can't initiate, investigate, and prosecute it's own rule violations is absurd - the issue will be weather UEFA has the evidence to demonstrate that Man City were going around trying to hide their FFP violations. And apparently these evidence include emails and voicemails that demonstrate that City was misreporting the "sponsorships" from their parent company in order to inflate their numbers to get passed FFP. If CAS overturns this (not lessens - I could see maybe evidence showing that City was committing wrongdoing but 2 years is too harsh, but fully overturns this), then I think CAS will look very corrupt considering the reported evidence.

They don't have any real evidence, this will be laughed out of court, it's a few bitter old men at UEFA who will lose there jobs over this 

"In December 2018, the UEFA Chief Investigator publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to be delivered to Manchester City, before any investigation had even begun." :o

Bent fuckers!!  ..think UEFA are still bitter about losing to us in court last time but they don't learn, this is on the same level as FC Porto making an official complaint because our fans sang Hulk is not incredible :rofl:  UEFA have some "alleged" hacked emails :| that will not stand up in court

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I don't understand how there can be any grey area here that allows an appeal. The numbers are there in black and white, they either did it or they didn't. Unless the numbers have been fiddled in which case we're having a completely different conversation. This whole charade of banning clubs or inflicting transfer bans and then the clubs getting away with it anyway is baffling and surely corrupt. 

FFP hasn't even been around that long and theres already enough of a stereotype of it happening that everyone just assumes it'll get turned over on appeal.

If I was as poor at disciplining teenagers as the footballing authorities are at disciplining clubs who break black and white rules about finances and transfers I'd be out of a job xD.

• Subscriber

They'll probably hold back the appeal result until after the league season has finished and give their verdict based on whoever finishes 5th - if it's Manchester United then they'll lose it, if it's Sheffield United or Wolves they'll win it.

I'm obviously cynical but it really wouldn't shock me.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope the league takes a look into this shite as well too.

Can they deduct points? Can they deduct points from... last season?

This was a question I had too. I think they  can but it will be a long drawn out process because thats a fresh set of appeals and then it gets into even more merry-go-rounding. We shall have to wait and see what route they take.

Meanwhile the PSG president has been elected to the UEFA executive committee.... UEFA are just so inconsistent on FFP matters.

Putting aside Liverpool still being in the competition I kinda hope they win it this year just to stick it up UEFA. 

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Meanwhile the PSG president has been elected to the UEFA executive committee.... UEFA are just so inconsistent on FFP matters.

Putting aside Liverpool still being in the competition I kinda hope they win it this year just to stick it up UEFA. 

You hope City win the Champions League? 

48 minutes ago, Harry said:

What are you on about? Just because PSG haven't been punished, it doesn’t mean that City should be let off scot  free. As far as hoping City win the champions league...I have no words 

Banned from something they couldn't win anyway. So what. Weak punishment. They should lose their license as a club. The locals can start again fairly from some neighbourhood Manchester pub league, free from the corrupt owners who brought very little to the club other than a flat atmosphere and a couple of astroturf 5-a-side pitches.

:ph34r:

• Administrator

What's the realistic and logical solution for who replaces them? 4th in our league goes straight in to group stage and next valid place (5th if not won a competition) goes in to qualifiers? 

Depends on coefficients as well? Is there not a standard in place where a team from another league could be kicking their lips right now and potentially go in to qualifiers round? 

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's the realistic and logical solution for who replaces them? 4th in our league goes straight in to group stage and next valid place (5th if not won a competition) goes in to qualifiers? 

Depends on coefficients as well? Is there not a standard in place where a team from another league could be kicking their lips right now and potentially go in to qualifiers round? 

All four English sides who qualify go straight into the groups

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

All four English sides who qualify go straight into the groups

Oh yeah forgot about that. So we could realistically see Sheff Utd in group stages straight away  :o

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Oh yeah forgot about that. So we could realistically see Sheff Utd in group stages straight away  :o

Apparently yes but like @Dan already said don't get too excited because if UEFA are faced with the reality of Sheffield United (or Wolves or Everton) tarnishing their elite competition then expect their sentence to be altered to a 1 season suspended sentence.

4 hours ago, Rick said:

What are you on about? Just because PSG haven't been punished, it doesn’t mean that City should be let off scot  free. As far as hoping City win the champions league...I have no words 

Obviously not ahead of Liverpool mate. 

But I don't hate city and feel sympathetic to them over taking a hit from the joke that is FFP legislation. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Harry said:

But I don't hate city and feel sympathetic to them over taking a hit from the joke that is FFP legislation. 

Man City are an odious institution. Nothing against their fans, players or manager really but the entire club has been moulded into a positive PR campaign for a corrupt and oppressive Middle Eastern regime. 

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

They are absolutely horrible people in charge of that club. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Harry said:

I don't get where this sympathy lies or derivates though. They've broken the rules and been aptly punished. 

• Subscriber

FFP seems to be pretty flawed in many ways (or is it actually a good policy that has been enforced incredibly badly?) and it's annoying when it affects your club but the idea behind it is vitally important in two ways.

1) It retains at least some competitive aspect in football. Rich clubs are still rich but it stops the richest people in the world using football clubs as toys to go head to head with each other. Even with FFP, money still dominates the game more than at any other time in football history but at least limiting the advantage of being rich to some extent means that you still have to have some basic competence on the footballing side. E.G. Man City and Man Utd could spend similar amounts of money on the sporting side of the club (players, coaches, manager, wages etc.) but the team that does the better spending, better coaching, better tactics still comes out on top. If Man City and PSG were allowed unchecked spending then make no mistake, they'd have just gone we don't care how much, we'll have Hazard, Van Dijk, Ronaldo, thank you very much and enjoy feeding off our scraps.

2) It protects clubs from themselves. FFP acts as a sort of red tape that prevents billionaire owners from coming in and signing loads of big names on long and expensive contracts, just in case they get bored after 12 months when they realise that it takes more than that to win the title and Champions League, fuck off with their bags of money and leave the club that they've treated as a toy with an untenable financial situation.

17 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Yeah, you have a load of corporate tickets which are sold for a season etc and they often don't turn up at all. They are counting them. Arsenal are bad culprits for it, a lot of their fans are gimps from Hampstead who only go to football because it's a nice social event, so if it clashes with a cheese and wine festival they don't turn up. Hence the vast amount of empty seats at any given Arsenal game, except from the big ones.

I have more respect for Manchester City, their fanbse is still solidly Manchester based. It will take a while to grown.

Class.

Archived