talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hi All, I hope you don't mind me coming in here. I am looking to raise awareness amongst the wider football community of the current AFC Wimbledon situation. The wider football community has been so supportive recently in our quest to return home to Plough Lane.

To cut a very long story short. We are moving back to Plough Lane after 29 years. Not only is the culmination of so many dreams but it shows what fan power can do. However, we do have one major hurdle to overcome.

Brexit, Boris, Bury, Bolton, Macclesfield basically meant that the £11m final amount to complete the stadium was not going to be lent from the banks. This was a surprise to all, unfortunately. We were then presented with a "hair on fire" scenario that we would have to give up control to outside investors. F**K That. We mobilised. We launched The Plough Lane Bond (ploughlanebond.com). We should break through the £5m raised this weekend. Raised in 4 weeks.

The bond is open to Wimbledon Fans and non Wimbledon fans alike. We have had a lot of interest and it is pretty humbling seeing so many fans coming together to help.

Plough Lane will be a monument to fan power and fan ownership. We believe that fan controlled football clubs will become more and more prominent in the future. We realise that Tottenham are in a pretty goods place with their fantastic new stadium but we ask you to help us to our goal, in the wider interests of football. The more we raise from the bond the less we have to borrow elsewhere. The bond interest will also be much cheaper for the club.

THANKS for reading.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived