talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool - Tuesday 18th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Rick said:

You forget just how pathetic these Spanish sides are with that sort of shit until your team plays them. Embarrassing bastards. 

Wasn't there some rule that only the captain could appeal fouls or does that not apply in this competition? I though I saw more than half the team trying to get Mane sent off.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

You forget just how pathetic these Spanish sides are with that sort of shit until your team plays them. Embarrassing bastards. 

Yeah it's embarrassing all over. Several sides do it. 

Just now, Mel81x said:

Wasn't there some rule that only the captain could appeal fouls or does that not apply in this competition? I though I saw more than half the team trying to get Mane sent off.

Mate that rule is meant to have been in place for a few seasons now. No sides obliges though, ever. 

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

In Spain the referees basically give everything with every bit of play acting, so these players are just used to what works with their league.

*edit* I think I quoted the wrong person because I have no idea why I quoted @Mel81x here

• Administrator
Just now, Harry said:

I missed the goal. What happened?

Corner came in, not headed away, came off Fabinho in to Saul's path in 6 yard box and it was an easy finish for him. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Harry said:

I missed the goal. What happened?

Defensive error. Really nothing that could have been done about it. VVD missed the ball and then Fabinho had an errant touch letting Saul in on goal. Alisson tried but it was going to be impossible to stop.

Just now, LFCMike said:

I think Keita comes on early second half, possibly for Fabinho. He still looks a bit off it for me since his injury. Think Keita is the one to unlock these

I was thinking the same thing... but with the Ox coming on rather than Keita.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Did Mane pick up an injury? I must have missed it if he did. My stream did go down for a minute or two

I didn't see him get an injury, but he's been subbed off at the start of this half for Origi. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not quite fully fit and he did seem to be pretty wound up by their right back - with him on a yellow Klopp might have thought he might get a second.

• Administrator

It's got the feel where Atletico defend admirably but Liverpool get the valuable away goal late on (as they have several times this season), go back to Anfield and win. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's got the feel where Atletico defend admirably but Liverpool get the valuable away goal late on (as they have several times this season), go back to Anfield and win. 

The only tie I can remember as one sided, so far, is Barcelona v Chelsea in 2012 and we all know what happened there. Liverpool got to be careful. Really need a goal.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived