• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Paris Saint-Germain - Tuesday 18th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

Recommended Posts

Actually a hard one to call. Dortmund have the same defensive problems as most Bundesliga sides, but we've seen PSG not live up to being favourites. Mbappe and Neymar on form should destroy BVB, but really I can see it being close. Not like PSG are storming their league like they usually do. They are struggling a tad, while this is one of the best Dortmund sides since 2013.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Not like PSG are storming their league like they usually do. They are struggling a tad

Huh? They're 10 points ahead having only lost 3 all season. Last loss in any competition came in November. Scored at least twice in their last 8 games.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stan said:

Huh? They're 10 points ahead having only lost 3 all season. Last loss in any competition came in November. Scored at least twice in their last 8 games.

 

 

Was a bit outdated. They were 4 clear when I checked last week :o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Huh? They're 10 points ahead having only lost 3 all season. Last loss in any competition came in November. Scored at least twice in their last 8 games.

 

 

PSG are still as dominant as ever in the French League. Dropped points are mainly due to resting players and rotating the first team regularly, which they can afford to do because they know that they will still win the league easily. Their current 10 point lead in the league is a prime example of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PSG are always going to be made out to be unbeatable because of their dominance in the French League and the fact that they have arguably two of the best players in the world with Mbappe and Neymar on their books. Of course there are many other quality players at PSG like Icardi, Cavani, Veratti, Draxler, Marquinhos etc the list goes on. But they will be facing a very talented Dortmund team, who themselves have a world class forward line of Haaland, Sancho and Reus. Like PSG, they also have quality throughout their squad. Brandt in particular will be key to the creative side of their game.

I see this tie as a 50/50 contest and I think it will be really exciting because both sides are attacking teams, so I think that we can expect plenty of goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Actually a hard one to call. Dortmund have the same defensive problems as most Bundesliga sides, but we've seen PSG not live up to being favourites. Mbappe and Neymar on form should destroy BVB, but really I can see it being close. Not like PSG are storming their league like they usually do. They are struggling a tad, while this is one of the best Dortmund sides since 2013.

It's less to do with defensive problems, but more to do with the fact that Dortmund are set out to attack. They play a pressing and an attacking game, so inevitably they will concede a few when they are set out to primarily attack as a team. 

I agree that it's a hard one to call, as both squads are stacked with talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has the potential makings of a great tie. 

Dortmund a capable side with huge home support. PSG one of the best sides on paper but lack soul and spirit and prone to getting stung in this competition.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Harry said:

This has the potential makings of a great tie. 

Dortmund a capable side with huge home support. PSG one of the best sides on paper but lack soul and spirit and prone to getting stung in this competition.

 

I think the one thing we are guaranteed is plenty of goals. With the attacking quality these two sides have, it promises to be an end to end match. Dortmund have always had great creativity, but with Haaland, they now have a world class player who knows how to put the ball in the back of the net on a consistent basis. He was a huge signing for them in my opinion, as he has made them more clinical by consistently scoring from the chances that they create.

PSG's attack is equally as awesome and I am sure we will see some spectacular goals over the two matches between these two teams. I think that this has to be the tie of the round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the game was drawn i thought PSG would ease this, with Dortmund's form i think they might just win this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally, when a game like this is hyped up so much it tends to turn into a case of two teams who play cautiously around each other. PSG and Dortmund both understand the ramifications of playing their natural attack style and will probably spend the first few minutes testing waters to see how much the other is trying to adapt. I don't think we'll get a massive goal-fest because throwing caution to the wind and playing attack as the primary tactic can seriously backfire considering both sides have enough firepower to hurt each other.

Dortmund should be winning this at home but Tuchel knows this place and will definitely know what is required to get something from this game. I predict a PSG win. Won't matter anyways, they'll find the exit door in the next round if they do win this two-legged tie as its in their DNA to implode when the heat gets turned up.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will definitely be watching this one. It'll be one hell of a tie with any luck. Will still flick to the Liverpool game occasionally too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reckon we see the same score in both legs. 3-2 perhaps?

ET beckons in a few weeks time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Reckon we see the same score in both legs. 3-2 perhaps?

ET beckons in a few weeks time...

If that happens I think we'll see PSG go through? I think their record at home in most competitions is actually pretty good but I can't say that without seeing the stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full strength PSG vs Dortmund - 3 extremely important players, including their best player.

Players with egos so big they create their own fashion lables and wanna enter the arena using a helicopter

vs

Mentally fragile bomb attack victims who can't cope with pressure and bottled almost every important match for the last 4 seasons

>Thomas "Tommy" "Tactics" "Tactics Tommy" "Tactics Tuchel" Tuchel
Won the cup against Bayern after Alki Watze sold all of his stars, strongest 2nd place of all time against Pep's Bayern who were the most dominant and strongest team in Bundes history

vs
>Lucien Favre
Gets destroyed by Bremen who haven't won a game in 5 years, no titles, loses every knockout game, loses the league to Bayern Hühnnchen, makes Reus look like Lingard and Peter Bosz like Sacci.

 

This has 'PSG advancing with ease' written all over it - maybe not in Dortmund, but in Paris for sure.

Prove me wrong, faggots!!!

Yes, this is my idea of a motivational speech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Proof me wrong, faggots!!!

SPELL THINGS RIGHT, HOMOPHOBE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early prediction

Dortmund 1-3 PSG

Exciting game with attacking play from both sides but PSG too good in the end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Haaland looks like a serial killer

In front of goal he is 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

So when did the cup tied rule be abandoned? 

A year or two ago I think. As long as the players previous team isn't in the same competition they can play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So when did the cup tied rule be abandoned? 

Last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Full strength PSG vs Dortmund - 3 extremely important players, including their best player.

Players with egos so big they create their own fashion lables and wanna enter the arena using a helicopter

vs

Mentally fragile bomb attack victims who can't cope with pressure and bottled almost every important match for the last 4 seasons

>Thomas "Tommy" "Tactics" "Tactics Tommy" "Tactics Tuchel" Tuchel
Won the cup against Bayern after Alki Watze sold all of his stars, strongest 2nd place of all time against Pep's Bayern who were the most dominant and strongest team in Bundes history

vs
>Lucien Favre
Gets destroyed by Bremen who haven't won a game in 5 years, no titles, loses every knockout game, loses the league to Bayern Hühnnchen, makes Reus look like Lingard and Peter Bosz like Sacci.

 

This has 'PSG advancing with ease' written all over it - maybe not in Dortmund, but in Paris for sure.

Prove me wrong, faggots!!!

Yes, this is my idea of a motivational speech.

The 3 Dortmund players missing for this huge game is a big blow for Dortmund, especially with Brandt and Reus out. I think it's more important that they had them available for this home game than the away game, because they really need to get a positive result today if they want to realistically advance. There will be huge pressure on Hazard to perform today, he has to play at the best of his game tonight. But every Dortmund supporter will really be looking to the world class pair of Haaland and Sancho deliver. It's a real shame Brandt and Reus are out, because with them in the team, Dortmund would have really put this PSG defence under pressure.

This might be your motivational speech, but yes, I think PSG will advance as well. The Dortmund players missing is a huge blow for them. Just look at Dortmund's bench. Apart from Gotze, there's no attacking player who could come on and help cause problems for PSG. Meanwhile PSG's subs bench is stacked with offensive talent. They can bring on Icardi, Cavani, Draxler or Sarabia…. take your pick!! I can see Neymar and Mbappe causing that Dortmund loads of trouble tonight, it's going to be a long day at the office for them!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Haaland looks like a serial killer

 

26 minutes ago, Rick said:

In front of goal he is 

Think the phrase is an assassin in front of goal :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brandt is definitely a miss. Wonderful player. Very tricky winger that could genuinely make a difference.

I reckon it'll be a defensive battle. Who can stop Mbappe/Haaland better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are BVB fans really copying Liverpool in singing YNWA? :rofl:

Can you get any more tinpot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement