talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Paris Saint-Germain - Tuesday 18th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually a hard one to call. Dortmund have the same defensive problems as most Bundesliga sides, but we've seen PSG not live up to being favourites. Mbappe and Neymar on form should destroy BVB, but really I can see it being close. Not like PSG are storming their league like they usually do. They are struggling a tad, while this is one of the best Dortmund sides since 2013.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Not like PSG are storming their league like they usually do. They are struggling a tad

Huh? They're 10 points ahead having only lost 3 all season. Last loss in any competition came in November. Scored at least twice in their last 8 games.

Just now, Stan said:

Huh? They're 10 points ahead having only lost 3 all season. Last loss in any competition came in November. Scored at least twice in their last 8 games.

Was a bit outdated. They were 4 clear when I checked last week :o 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

PSG are still as dominant as ever in the French League. Dropped points are mainly due to resting players and rotating the first team regularly, which they can afford to do because they know that they will still win the league easily. Their current 10 point lead in the league is a prime example of that.

PSG are always going to be made out to be unbeatable because of their dominance in the French League and the fact that they have arguably two of the best players in the world with Mbappe and Neymar on their books. Of course there are many other quality players at PSG like Icardi, Cavani, Veratti, Draxler, Marquinhos etc the list goes on. But they will be facing a very talented Dortmund team, who themselves have a world class forward line of Haaland, Sancho and Reus. Like PSG, they also have quality throughout their squad. Brandt in particular will be key to the creative side of their game.

I see this tie as a 50/50 contest and I think it will be really exciting because both sides are attacking teams, so I think that we can expect plenty of goals.

2 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Actually a hard one to call. Dortmund have the same defensive problems as most Bundesliga sides, but we've seen PSG not live up to being favourites. Mbappe and Neymar on form should destroy BVB, but really I can see it being close. Not like PSG are storming their league like they usually do. They are struggling a tad, while this is one of the best Dortmund sides since 2013.

It's less to do with defensive problems, but more to do with the fact that Dortmund are set out to attack. They play a pressing and an attacking game, so inevitably they will concede a few when they are set out to primarily attack as a team. 

I agree that it's a hard one to call, as both squads are stacked with talent.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

This has the potential makings of a great tie. 

Dortmund a capable side with huge home support. PSG one of the best sides on paper but lack soul and spirit and prone to getting stung in this competition.

I think the one thing we are guaranteed is plenty of goals. With the attacking quality these two sides have, it promises to be an end to end match. Dortmund have always had great creativity, but with Haaland, they now have a world class player who knows how to put the ball in the back of the net on a consistent basis. He was a huge signing for them in my opinion, as he has made them more clinical by consistently scoring from the chances that they create.

PSG's attack is equally as awesome and I am sure we will see some spectacular goals over the two matches between these two teams. I think that this has to be the tie of the round.

• Subscriber

Generally, when a game like this is hyped up so much it tends to turn into a case of two teams who play cautiously around each other. PSG and Dortmund both understand the ramifications of playing their natural attack style and will probably spend the first few minutes testing waters to see how much the other is trying to adapt. I don't think we'll get a massive goal-fest because throwing caution to the wind and playing attack as the primary tactic can seriously backfire considering both sides have enough firepower to hurt each other.

Dortmund should be winning this at home but Tuchel knows this place and will definitely know what is required to get something from this game. I predict a PSG win. Won't matter anyways, they'll find the exit door in the next round if they do win this two-legged tie as its in their DNA to implode when the heat gets turned up.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Reckon we see the same score in both legs. 3-2 perhaps?

ET beckons in a few weeks time...

If that happens I think we'll see PSG go through? I think their record at home in most competitions is actually pretty good but I can't say that without seeing the stats.

Full strength PSG vs Dortmund - 3 extremely important players, including their best player.

Players with egos so big they create their own fashion lables and wanna enter the arena using a helicopter

vs

Mentally fragile bomb attack victims who can't cope with pressure and bottled almost every important match for the last 4 seasons

>Thomas "Tommy" "Tactics" "Tactics Tommy" "Tactics Tuchel" Tuchel
Won the cup against Bayern after Alki Watze sold all of his stars, strongest 2nd place of all time against Pep's Bayern who were the most dominant and strongest team in Bundes history

vs
>Lucien Favre
Gets destroyed by Bremen who haven't won a game in 5 years, no titles, loses every knockout game, loses the league to Bayern Hühnnchen, makes Reus look like Lingard and Peter Bosz like Sacci.

This has 'PSG advancing with ease' written all over it - maybe not in Dortmund, but in Paris for sure.

Prove me wrong, faggots!!!

Yes, this is my idea of a motivational speech.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived