talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Paris Saint-Germain - Tuesday 18th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Full strength PSG vs Dortmund - 3 extremely important players, including their best player.

Players with egos so big they create their own fashion lables and wanna enter the arena using a helicopter

vs

Mentally fragile bomb attack victims who can't cope with pressure and bottled almost every important match for the last 4 seasons

>Thomas "Tommy" "Tactics" "Tactics Tommy" "Tactics Tuchel" Tuchel
Won the cup against Bayern after Alki Watze sold all of his stars, strongest 2nd place of all time against Pep's Bayern who were the most dominant and strongest team in Bundes history

vs
>Lucien Favre
Gets destroyed by Bremen who haven't won a game in 5 years, no titles, loses every knockout game, loses the league to Bayern Hühnnchen, makes Reus look like Lingard and Peter Bosz like Sacci.

This has 'PSG advancing with ease' written all over it - maybe not in Dortmund, but in Paris for sure.

Prove me wrong, faggots!!!

Yes, this is my idea of a motivational speech.

The 3 Dortmund players missing for this huge game is a big blow for Dortmund, especially with Brandt and Reus out. I think it's more important that they had them available for this home game than the away game, because they really need to get a positive result today if they want to realistically advance. There will be huge pressure on Hazard to perform today, he has to play at the best of his game tonight. But every Dortmund supporter will really be looking to the world class pair of Haaland and Sancho deliver. It's a real shame Brandt and Reus are out, because with them in the team, Dortmund would have really put this PSG defence under pressure.

This might be your motivational speech, but yes, I think PSG will advance as well. The Dortmund players missing is a huge blow for them. Just look at Dortmund's bench. Apart from Gotze, there's no attacking player who could come on and help cause problems for PSG. Meanwhile PSG's subs bench is stacked with offensive talent. They can bring on Icardi, Cavani, Draxler or Sarabia…. take your pick!! I can see Neymar and Mbappe causing that Dortmund loads of trouble tonight, it's going to be a long day at the office for them!!

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Haaland looks like a serial killer

26 minutes ago, Rick said:

In front of goal he is 

Think the phrase is an assassin in front of goal :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

Are BVB fans really copying Liverpool in singing YNWA? :rofl:

Can you get any more tinpot.

A lot more clubs than just Liverpool sing it tbh. We started singing it shortly after a band from Liverpool, Gerry & the Pacemakers, released it as a popular single.

But I know Dortmund & St. Pauli sing it. Celtic in Scotland as well and a couple of Dutch clubs too.

I think in this match if any club is tinpot, it's the one that was founded by a TV company and exists to sportswash Qatar to make them look like they're not awful human rights abusers.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

A lot more clubs than just Liverpool sing it tbh. We started singing it shortly after a band from Liverpool, Gerry & the Pacemakers, released it as a popular single.

But I know Dortmund & St. Pauli sing it. Celtic in Scotland as well and a couple of Dutch clubs too.

I think in this match if any club is tinpot, it's the one that was founded by a TV company and exists to sportswash Qatar to make them look like they're not awful human rights abusers.

Wow - I am naive.

Still find it funny though cos I've actually been to Anfield and experienced the song in person. It was always a Liverpool thing to me..

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

Wow - I am naive.

Still find it funny though cos I've actually been to Anfield and experienced the song in person. It was always a Liverpool thing to me..

I think most people associate it with Liverpool nowadays... it's our anthem after all. So it's not too surprising.

Football fans copy other football fans all the time. Look at the number of great chants Liverpool have stolen from our European opponents and brought back to England. And then look how many England fans have copied those chants. I'm sure it happens all the time all across the footballing world where fans will see other fans do something and find it inspirational and want to have that own inspiration for their own club. YNWA is a great message from supporters to players, so it's not surprising other clubs have seen their fans take it.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think most people associate it with Liverpool nowadays... it's our anthem after all. So it's not too surprising.

Football fans copy other football fans all the time. Look at the number of great chants Liverpool have stolen from our European opponents and brought back to England. And then look how many England fans have copied those chants. I'm sure it happens all the time all across the footballing world where fans will see other fans do something and find it inspirational and want to have that own inspiration for their own club. YNWA is a great message from supporters to players, so it's not surprising other clubs have seen their fans take it.

Mate, I would know and preach about this more than anyone on this forum. All the chants in South America are from Argentina originally. They started all the songs and we stole them. 

What I find funny is stealing another clubs anthem. Stealing regular chants is normal. Stealing a club anthem though? I can already see it.

"Paris Saint-Germain! Del balonpie frances, la maxima expresion" :ph34r:

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Dortmund much more dangerous so far. 

The 3-5-2 is not working for PSG. Midfield is a mess, terrible match by Di Maria so far and Neymar very wasteful with the possession.

I do not believe in the "farmers league" tag for Ligue 1. Di Maria doesn't look up to it at a higher standard though. Fails with Argentina and in Champions League. Yet he's supposedly brilliant in Ligue 1.

2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

BVB defending well after a sloppy first few minutes. PSG look burnt out in their pressing. Dortmunds defence is at least keeping PSG at bay when it comes to shooting. 1 total attempt so far.

Yeah, to me this has turned out to be very tactical, neither side are committing themselves too much. But yeah, Dortmund have looked the more dangerous side in this 1st half, even though I think that PSG have edged the possession.

3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I do not believe in the "farmers league" tag for Ligue 1. Di Maria doesn't look up to it at a higher standard though. Fails with Argentina and in Champions League. Yet he's supposedly brilliant in Ligue 1.

DI Maria is a nice player and a very good complimentary piece but he's not the guy who will guide your team to a big throphy. 

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

DI Maria is a nice player and a very good complimentary piece but he's not the guy who will guide your team to a big throphy. 

Really? Well he was man of the match in the 2014 Champions League final, where he helped Real Madrid to beat Atletico Madrid 4-1 and win the Champions League.

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Really? Well he was man of the match in the 2014 Champions League final, where he helped Real Madrid to beat Atletico Madrid 4-1 and win the Champions League.

Times have changed. He's not been the same since leaving Real Madrid.

Just now, Michael said:

He was brillliant as a midfielder for that Ancelotti team but I feel like he was more of a complimentary piece for that team. 

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Dortmund certainly looks like the younger team on the pitch. Much more intense. 

This is where playing at Ligue 1 hurts PSG, they are not used to that level of football.

Wow, when I said PSG had 1 attempt I had forgot it was off a free kick. They've been so toothless. Well done to Dortmund to shove off that "Bundesliga bad at defending" stereotype for this match.

I feel if they want to progress though they need to win the first leg.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived