talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Paris Saint-Germain - Tuesday 18th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Dortmund certainly looks like the younger team on the pitch. Much more intense. 

This is where playing at Ligue 1 hurts PSG, they are not used to that level of football.

Dortmund are actually the younger team and yes, it's kind of showing on the pitch. There are some good sides in the French League, like Lyon, Marseille, Monaco and Lille, so they do get some stiff competition at times, but yeah, some of the French teams down at the bottom are pretty bad. But still, like Brian said, I wouldn't call it a Farmers League as it's still a league that has several respectable sides.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Wow, when I said PSG had 1 attempt I had forgot it was off a free kick. They've been so toothless. Well done to Dortmund to shove off that "Bundesliga bad at defending" stereotype for this match.

I feel if they want to progress though they need to win the first leg.

Yes, winning this first leg is key for Dortmund. Even if it is a narrow 1-0 victory. Because they can be prepared for an onslaught in Paris. 

Just now, Dan said:

I did see those odds and think the value is probably with the unders. For all this did look a goalfest on paper, being a CL first leg knockout round often spoils that.

Yes, often the 1st legs are tentative affairs. But a good bet is the overs for the 2nd leg, lol.;):D

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

Yes, often the 1st legs are tentative affairs. But a good bet is the overs for the 2nd leg, lol.;):D

Oh for sure, reckon there's a few in that one especially if somebody wins this.

The worst thing that Dortmund can do now is concede the equaliser. Away goals are a big disadvantage to take into the 2nd leg in ties like this. Obviously another goal for Dortmund without conceding would be great, but even a 1-0 to take to Paris is not that bad of a result. Because as good as PSG are at home with their attack, Dortmund are also always a threat with their forwards and they are more than capable of scoring an away goal in the French Capital.

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Haaland is the real deal. So good.

Yes, I did say that he was a crucial signing for them. People have different opinions on who Dortmund's best player is, but the purchase of Haaland was the final piece of the jigsaw in my opinion for Dortmund. They were missing that strong, powerful, goal-scoring forward that Haaland is. Alcacer was a great goal poacher, but he doesn't have the presence and influence that Haaland has. Haaland is simply world class at what he does and at 19, that's a huge achievement.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived