talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Atalanta 4-1 Valencia - Wednesday 19th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all due respect to both sides, I think that this is probably the weakest tie of the round. For me, Atalanta are a more exciting side than Valencia, their attacking football and passing play is enjoyable to watch. But I think that Valencia are the better side overall and I think that the Spaniards will probably be the ones that reach the quarter finals. 

It's a close call, but I just think that Valencia are stronger defensively and they have forwards like Maxi Gomez, Rodrigo, Gamiero and Guedes who I can see really punishing Atalanta at some point. 

• Administrator

Reckon this could be high-scoring.

Both like to attack and Atalanta's home form, albeit with this game at San Siro, is quite strong too. Fancy Valencia to get a couple of away goals. 

• Subscriber

Didn't realise they've been playing their home European fixtures away from home for the past few seasons because their ground isn't up to UEFA standards (it is now but they chose to play elsewhere whilst their stadium is being renovated)

I hope Atalanta fucking smash 'em.

8 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Didn't realise they've been playing their home European fixtures away from home for the past few seasons because their ground isn't up to UEFA standards (it is now but they chose to play elsewhere whilst their stadium is being renovated)

I think they're playing their CL home matches at San Siro. 

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Both like to attack and Atalanta's home form, albeit with this game at San Siro, is quite strong too. Fancy Valencia to get a couple of away goals. 

I have a fiver on over 5.5 goals 🤞

Just now, Inti Brian said:

How come they are in the San Siro? I thought only CONMEBOL did this "not playing at home due to requisites" shite xD

How come you ask questions that have been answered 100 times on here? 

Atalanta have been upgrading their stadium, so for their European campaign, they are playing at the San Siro. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

How come they are in the San Siro? I thought only CONMEBOL did this "not playing at home due to requisites" shite xD

Atalanta's stadium not fit enough for European football and was still undergoing refurbishment at start of this season. It's ready now but think they had to continue in San Siro.

Just now, Eco said:

How come you ask questions that have been answered 100 times on here? 

Atalanta have been upgrading their stadium, so for their European campaign, they are playing at the San Siro. 

I've read this entire thread and not once has it been answered. Nice one.

11 hours ago, Stan said:

10 hours ago, Pyfish said:

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

You're reading sucks. (See Above)

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Pyfish said:

2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

:) 

• The title was changed to Atalanta 4-1 Valencia - Wednesday 19th February, 2020 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived