talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-1 RB Leipzig - Wednesday 19th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Yeah be broke his arm against Villa. If I recall correctly he did it quite early on and must have played a lot of the game with it.

Just seen it on Sky, but to be fair didn't look hurt during the game. More pressure on us i guess, Jose will have every excuse to lose and if he wins he will be regarded a mastermind.

RB Leipzig are facing a crisis in this match against Spurs, with no recognised central defender available for this encounter. Their star defender Upamecano is suspended for this game, while the other central defenders, Konate and Hungarian international captain Orban, are out injured.

It is thought that Nagelsmann will resort to partnering fullbacks Halstenberg and Klostermann in central defence, with Angelino and Mukiele playing as the fullbacks. Midfielders Tyler Adams and Kevin Kampl are also out, with Adams suffering from a torn muscle injury.

On 18/02/2020 at 12:22, Stan said:

Son is out for a few weeks so is likely to miss both legs. 

Could affect Spurs quite a bit as he was getting back in to form after his suspension deputising for Kane. Lucas Moura up front? 

Who else other than Lucas Moura upfront? He led the line several times last season for Spurs when Kane and Son were out. He didn't do too badly against Ajax in the Champions League semi-finals last season either. He only scored a hattrick against Ajax, which sealed Spurs a place in the final against Liverpool! :D

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Michael said:

Who else other than Lucas Moura upfront? He lead the line several times last season for Spurs when Kane and Son were out. He didn't do too badly against Ajax in the Champions League semi-finals last season either. He only scored a hattrick against Ajax, which sealed Spurs a place in the final against Liverpool! :D

Maybe a youngster but I think Lucas is the obvious choice for the reasons you state!

Alli, Lamela and Bergwijn playing just behind. 

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Maybe a youngster but I think Lucas is the obvious choice for the reasons you state!

Alli, Lamela and Bergwijn playing just behind. 

Close, but not quite.

It's officially Lucas Moura upfront, with Alli, Bergwijn and Lo Celso just behind. 

RB Leipzig have gone for a logical defensive formation for this match. But I am not sure about their decision to play Ampadu in central defence, I am not his biggest fan.

27 minutes ago, Michael said:

RB Leipzig look like the home team, they've dominated the possession, they've had more of the chances to score and generally, they look pretty much in control.

Isn't that always the way against Mourinho in the Champions league?

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-1 RB Leipzig - Wednesday 19th February, 2020 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived