• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Gaming collection

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have any? Retro gaming collections?

I've just bought a Limited Edition Nintendo 64 with Goldeneye and 2 limited edition controllers. I will be giving it a play, but that's officially the start of my gaming collection. The nostalgia..... :$

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Does anyone have any? Retro gaming collections?

I've just bought a Limited Edition Nintendo 64 with Goldeneye and 2 limited edition controllers. I will be giving it a play, but that's officially the start of my gaming collection. The nostalgia..... :$

I do since I never really sell any of my consoles but they are all boxed up at home since I don't really use them anymore. I do have that new SNES one they put out recently and its actually quite good if you want to play some of the more popular classics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did at one point but they just started to take up too much room so got shot really. The oldest console I've kept is my N64 and still going strong now. Now and then I'll plug it in and give it a whirl, usually WWF No Mercy and Conker's Bad Fur Day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite as vintage but I bought an original Xbox a couple of years ago, and a load of games I loved growing up like Fifa 04, MotoGP 3, Halo, LMA Manager, Colin McRae Rally 3, and about 15 others as I went a bit mad in Cex. Probably cost me £60 all in. Not played it in a while but I had a massive binge for about two months after I got it xD Really love old school gaming. No DLC, no bullshit, no need to sign in, paywalls or any of that. Just decent games and your own skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I do since I never really sell any of my consoles but they are all boxed up at home since I don't really use them anymore. I do have that new SNES one they put out recently and its actually quite good if you want to play some of the more popular classics. 

Yeah i may get one of those. The SNES Mini with built in games? Can you not use actual games though?

14 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I did at one point but they just started to take up too much room so got shot really. The oldest console I've kept is my N64 and still going strong now. Now and then I'll plug it in and give it a whirl, usually WWF No Mercy and Conker's Bad Fur Day. 

Nice. N64 were the best, hence me starting there. Think i'm going to stick with Nintendo anyway. Not bothering with old PS etc.

You any games for sale? For your lifelong TFF buddy :$

 

12 hours ago, tlr said:

Not quite as vintage but I bought an original Xbox a couple of years ago, and a load of games I loved growing up like Fifa 04, MotoGP 3, Halo, LMA Manager, Colin McRae Rally 3, and about 15 others as I went a bit mad in Cex. Probably cost me £60 all in. Not played it in a while but I had a massive binge for about two months after I got it xD Really love old school gaming. No DLC, no bullshit, no need to sign in, paywalls or any of that. Just decent games and your own skill.

With the new consoles you can play all the old games on the store anyway. I've always been a PS fanboy, and i can never see myself getting an old PS for that reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Yeah i may get one of those. The SNES Mini with built in games? Can you not use actual games though?

No you can't use any carts with it. But, thats what the original SNES I own is for anyways. I think Nintendo wanted to do an original Famicom release based on the success of this (maybe they did already my memory is a bit shot on this). Here are some retro consoles I own

  • Atari 2600 (Broken paddle which sometimes takes you to the top left when you dont want it to)
  • Famicom
  • Super Famicom (SNES)
  • N64
  • GameCube
  • PS (not the PS One but that grey box machination)
  • PS2
  • SEGA Mega Drive
  • Gameboy Original
  • Nintendo DS

I was always a stickler for keeping things that I truly enjoyed playing and I had a Dreamcast when I was in college but I sold it once I got done playing RE: Code Veronica. It just never held any sentimental value for me. I was very tempted to see if I could get some Game&Watch games last summer but they tend to either have LCD issues or power saturation on the screen so it stopped me from getting one. My first Link adventure was that green one they put out and it was one of the most fun G+Ws I ever played.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone has any old N64 games lying around collecting dust @ me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

No you can't use any carts with it. But, thats what the original SNES I own is for anyways. I think Nintendo wanted to do an original Famicom release based on the success of this (maybe they did already my memory is a bit shot on this). Here are some retro consoles I own

  • Atari 2600 (Broken paddle which sometimes takes you to the top left when you dont want it to)
  • Famicom
  • Super Famicom (SNES)
  • N64
  • GameCube
  • PS (not the PS One but that grey box machination)
  • PS2
  • SEGA Mega Drive
  • Gameboy Original
  • Nintendo DS

I was always a stickler for keeping things that I truly enjoyed playing and I had a Dreamcast when I was in college but I sold it once I got done playing RE: Code Veronica. It just never held any sentimental value for me. I was very tempted to see if I could get some Game&Watch games last summer but they tend to either have LCD issues or power saturation on the screen so it stopped me from getting one. My first Link adventure was that green one they put out and it was one of the most fun G+Ws I ever played.

Nice collection! 

Yeah they do sound good those super mini's. I think i'll get one, eventually. 

No plans for a N64 classic as far as i'm aware.

Can anyone recommend anything to use to play these classics on modern smart TV's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Can anyone recommend anything to use to play these classics on modern smart TV's?

Think @Bluebird Hewitt used to use a box with an RCA converter which was very cheap to get the signal to work right. I have something similar at home. Maybe something similar to this?

https://www.amazon.in/Generix-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Standard/dp/B07XBLMH8C/ref=asc_df_B07XBLMH8C/?tag=googleshopdes-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=396984883575&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15589570504156100479&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9062032&hvtargid=pla-837463179568&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Nice. N64 were the best, hence me starting there. Think i'm going to stick with Nintendo anyway. Not bothering with old PS etc.

You any games for sale? For your lifelong TFF buddy :$

For me, I just had so much fun and memories with my N64 (even if I'm looking at a lot of them with rose tinted glasses these days) that I don't really want to part with it. 

As for games, I don't have any sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I'm lazy with things like this so just got an AV cable to plug into the back of it. It's not high end quality but does the job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement