talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2020 Asian Champions League

football forum

Perth made their debut in the comp last night, losing 1-0 away to FC Tokyo with a late deflected strike the difference. I was pretty pleased with how we setup and kept the ball in tough conditions versus a very good side. I don’t expect we will get out of our group but who knows what will happen with the Chinese teams.

Melbourne Victory somehow qualified after defeating Kashima I think, they however lost 1-0 away in Seoul last night. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Stan said:

Do you think this will have a big effect on your domestic league season? @Toinho

Yeah there will be some effect, think we will have to rotate and rest the likes of Castro, who was arguably our worst player versus Tokyo. He might be carrying an injury. 

Can we pin this? If the rubbish of CONCACAF champions league gets pinned then let’s pin this! 

Yokohama smashed Sydney 4-0. Such a gulf in class. Ange Postecoglou has got them on fire.

• The topic was pinned
On 18/02/2020 at 22:30, Toinho said:

Perth made their debut in the comp last night, losing 1-0 away to FC Tokyo with a late deflected strike the difference. I was pretty pleased with how we setup and kept the ball in tough conditions versus a very good side. I don’t expect we will get out of our group but who knows what will happen with the Chinese teams.

Melbourne Victory somehow qualified after defeating Kashima I think, they however lost 1-0 away in Seoul last night. 

I haven't watched too much of Perth,  but when I have, Chris Ikonomidis has really stood out. He certainly seems like a quality player in the Australian league.

On 19/02/2020 at 03:40, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think me watching Persepolis in this is probably the only way I'll be able to watch them play.

Horrible campaign for Iranian teams a lot of times they lost the match when leading till half time, great possibility that none of them reach the next round 

2 hours ago, Michael said:

I haven't watched too much of Perth,  but when I have, Chris Ikonomidis has really stood out. He certainly seems like a quality player in the Australian league.

Out for 9-12 months with an injury :( 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Terrible record of injuries, long term ones at that :(

Agree with MIchael though, whenever he played he had that buzz about him in front of goal, either creating or scoring. 

33 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Sorry to hear that dude, he's always looked a really dynamic player with a good end product. I am sure his absence will be felt by football fans in Western Australia.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Adding @nudge and @Azeem as I know they following Asian football too.

Cheers. I follow SE Asian teams/players mostly so it's only Chiangrai to watch this season for me and they'll not likely to make it out of their group... Also keep an eye on Yokohama as Theerathon plays for them but that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Just now, Toinho said:

Pretty sure this tournament is going fall apart due to the virus. Our game has been postponed. 

Might help you in the long run for the league...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived