talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [23. Spieltag] - 21-24th February, 2020

football forum

HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! HAALAND IS THE GOAT! 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot what it feels like to win a Bundesliga match. Great performance! Defensively very solid and organized, and surprisingly clinical in front of the goal. Thommy's solo run was a joy to behold. 

WIR SIND DIE FORTUNA! WIR SIND WIEEEDER DAAA! :hh:

Koln destroy Hertha 5-0 in Berlin, the problems in the German capital seem to be mounting. With Klinsmann leaving the club, they seem to be in a mess. All that money spent, but a heavy loss at home to a team trying to avoid relegation is not acceptable. I think that Hertha need to find an experienced and competent manager and quickly. If you spend all that money on players, you might as well spend money on a proven and highly rated manager. Klinsmann leaving was unexpected, but they can't cry over spilt milk. Hertha have to move on and bring in someone who will take this club places.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Michael said:

Koln destroy Hertha 5-0 in Berlin, the problems in the German capital seem to be mounting. With Klinsmann leaving the club, they seem to be in a mess. All that money spent, but a heavy loss at home to a team trying to avoid relegation is not acceptable. I think that Hertha need to find an experienced and competent manager and quickly. If you spend all that money on players, you might as well spend money on a proven and highly rated manager. Klinsmann leaving was unexpected, but they can't cry over spilt milk. Hertha have to move on and bring in someone who will take this club places.

I suggest Matthäus! :ph34r:

In all seriousness though, Hertha is yet another example how just throwing investor money into a club doesn't guarantee immediate success; you need proper people at all levels of the club hierarchy and a long-term plan to make it work. Instead Windhorst and Preetz went for a big name manager in Klinsmann who in turn tried to go in for big name players in order to have their "big city club" and catchy headlines. All bling bling with no substance. Should have left Dardai in charge back then and let him do his job. 

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

I suggest Matthäus! :ph34r:

In all seriousness though, Hertha is yet another example how just throwing investor money into a club doesn't guarantee immediate success; you need proper people at all levels of the club hierarchy and a long-term plan to make it work. Instead Windhorst and Preetz went for a big name manager in Klinsmann who in turn tried to go in for big name players in order to have their "big city club" and catchy headlines. All bling bling with no substance. Should have left Dardai in charge back then and let him do his job. 

Haha Lothar Herbert would be a guarantee to get them relegated!xD Great player, but shite manager! He's too busy chasing women and drinking beer most of the time, to ever become a genuine professional manager, never mind a successful one!:S

Yes, they made a right cock up at Hertha. Everything should of been made clear from the start and as you rightly intimated, the long term strategy should of been clearly laid out. What happened with Klinsmann was farcical. I also agree that if Dardai was still in the job, they(Hertha) would have done very well with him and all of the funds that would have been made available to him. 

However, I still rate the players brought in by Klinsmann in January. As I see it, all they really need is a quality manager, to get the Hertha team, playing to their potential. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Haha Lothar Herbert would be a guarantee to get them relegated!xD Great player, but shite manager! He's too busy chasing women and drinking beer most of the time, to ever become a genuine professional manager, never mind a successful one!:S

Yes, they made a right cock up at Hertha. Everything should of been made clear from the start and as you rightly intimated, the long term strategy should of been clearly laid out. What happened with Klinsmann was farcical. I also agree that if Dardai was still in the job, they(Hertha) would have done very well with him and all of the funds that would have been made available to him. 

However, I still rate the players brought in by Klinsmann in January. As I see it, all they really need is a quality manager, to get the Hertha team, playing to their potential. 

Haha Matthäus suggestion was a joke. Although I'd love to see it happen xD 

Klinsmann also wanted to sign Podolski and Özil as well as his own son lol; Preetz intervened as that was unrealistic financially (well the first two at least) and that was one of the reasons why Klinsmann threw his toys out of the pram. 

28 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha Matthäus suggestion was a joke. Although I'd love to see it happen xD 

Klinsmann also wanted to sign Podolski and Özil as well as his own son lol; Preetz intervened as that was unrealistic financially (well the first two at least) and that was one of the reasons why Klinsmann threw his toys out of the pram. 

I know it was a joke, I just had to emphasize how shit of a manager he has been!:D

Interesting, I never realised Klinsmann was after those two. Those would have been two poor transfer choices in my opinion. I know he worked with Podolski when he was German manager, but Podolski(35 in June) is past it and he would have made big wage demands. Bringing him in, wouldn't have made any sense looking to the future. As for Ozil, he's too inconsistent. He would also have demanded huge wages and again, he's in his 30's and not getting any younger. So I think that Preetz did well to stop those transfers from potentially going through. 

As for resigning Jonathan for Hertha, he was released by Hertha because he wasn't good enough in the first place. He's certainly not on Jarstein's level yet. Also, out of all the goalkeepers he could want to sign, he wanted to bring his son in? That sounds a bit strange and it seems like he just wanted to do his son a favour. His son is not even a Bundesliga level goalkeeper yet(might never be).

Preetz was never as good as Klinsmann as a striker, but he certainly seems to have more common sense than him!xD

53 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Low, Werner, Kimmich, Hummels in that order. 

joa gud auuu de dimo isch scho au gude eeh au gude i sog me desch au englisch ehh "finnischer". subba.

DSCHJA ALSO DES HAT DER ÄH DIMO AU SAMMAMAL AUCH SOZUSAGEN... DSCHJA HERAUSRAGEND ABGESCHLOSSEN

11 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Listening to Timo Werner scream like a little bitch while milking an injury in the goal mic makes me hate him even more. And I already held him 2nd in responsibility for Germanys world cup exit

Timo Werner is just annoying all around. 

Interesting to see the face of Tonnies during last evening's game.  I wonder when he will make his move and start to look for DW's replacement.  David is having the same problem now which caused his demise at Huddersfield.  He is being let down by certain players on the field - not necessarily on purpose, but due to lack of ability, yet he stays with them out of a sort of loyalty and, as a result, suffers as each game goes by.  There are better players in the squad that some of those who played yesterday - young Alex has his head firmly in a Bayern cloud and is losing concentration in every game and if the new kid is not fit the then old - more reliable -guy on the bench should be used as Alex is letting him down game by game.  Ozcipka has been solid and good member of the team until November and since then his game has gone the same way as that of  Burgstaller and is, at present, not fit for purpose.  Little surprise that with constant back-passing and sideways playing at the back that Harit is looking like just another player and the front three are standing waiting for some decent supply.  With Koln, Hoffenheim and BVB the next three BL games - and Bayern in between in the Cup match - the future is not looking good - particularly with Koln playing as they are at the moment. March will be a pivotal month in the 04 future!  I have always - since the 1990's - had a wish to support DW but I am fearing the worst if he fails to address the real problems at present.  BVB, Liverpool, Man U and others are giving the kids their chances - the old guard has to step aside and let's see what the youngsters can do - or if not Tonnies needs to release serious cash to build a better squad - or better still, get the hell out of there!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived