talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peruvians Abroad

football forum

I'm bored so I'm gonna list all the Peruvians Abroad options. Maybe it could help for future transfer threads xD

MLS

Marcos Lopez - San Jose Earthquakes

Andy Polo - Portland Timbers

Yordy Reyna - Vancouver Whitecaps

Alexander Callens - New York City FC

Raul Ruidiaz - Seattle Sounders

Pedro Gallese - Orlando City

Edison Flores - DC United

Spain

Luis Advincula - Rayo Vallecano

Jeisson Martinez - Fuenlabrada

Bryan Reyna - Las Rozas

Leandro Vasquez - San Fernando Henares

The Netherlands

Renato Tapia - Feyenoord

Sergio Peña - Emmen

Miguel Araujo - Emmen

Azerbaijan

Alvaro Ampuero - Zira

Bolivia

Juan Diego Gutierrez - Oriente Petrolero

Canada

Jair Cordova - Cavalry

Raul Tito - FC Edmonton

Chile

Gabriel Costa - Colo Colo

Iran

Willyan Mimbela - Tractor Sazi

Mexico

Christian Cueva - Pachuca

Pedro Aquino - Leon

Anderson Santamaria - Atlas

Yoshimar Yotun - Cruz Azul

Alejandro Duarte - Zacatepec

Rodrigo Cuba - Zacatepec

Panama

Rafael Asca - Atletico Chiriqui

Portugal

Gustavo Dulanto - Boavista

Renzo Peramas - Maritimo II

Russia

Jefferson Farfan - Lokomotiv Moscow

Turkey

Paolo Hurtado - Konyaspor

Saudi Arabia

Andre Carrillo - Al-Hilal

Luis Rodolfo Ojeda - Al Ittifaq

Sweden

Hector Vega - Husqvarna

Germany

Claudio Pizarro - Werder Bremen

France

Percy Prado - FC Nantes

Cristian Benavente - FC Nantes

Miguel Trauco - Saint-Etienne

Argentina

Carlos Zambrano - Boca Juniors

Wilder Cartagena - Godoy Cruz

Luis Abram - Velez Sarsfield

Brazil

Fernando Pacheco - Fluminense

Alex Lecaros - Botafogo

Kevin Quevedo - Goias

Paolo Guerrero - Internacional

French Guyana

Junior Alegria - Matoury

Haiti

Danilo Barriga - Tempete

San Marino

Pedro Cruz - Virtus

Japan

Erick Noriega - Shimizu

Frank Romero - Albiirex Niigata

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wasn't expecting that one

Apparently Iranians labelled him as "the Peruvian Maradona".

He was pretty good when he played in Peru as well but he played for a weaker side and struggled when the giants gave him a chance.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Really interested in seeing how this one develops.

He's one of the players I didn't know about. Same with the ones in Haiti, San Marino and the Maritimo guy in Portugal.

Heres another one. Gianluca Lapadula at US Lecce.

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

Apparently Iranians labelled him as "the Peruvian Maradona".

He was pretty good when he played in Peru as well but he played for a weaker side and struggled when the giants gave him a chance.

I don't know much about Persian football except for Tractor are rivals with Persepolis (one of the teams from Tehran) and that my Iranian side of the family that likes football and is in Iran support Persepolis. So I can't comment on how he's done there or anything.

I'd like to be able to watch more Iranian football tbh. But I don't know how possible that is given... world politics.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

He's one of the players I didn't know about. Same with the ones in Haiti, San Marino and the Maritimo guy in Portugal.

Heres another one. Gianluca Lapadula at US Lecce.

He's actually doing okay for a relegation-threatened side.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

He's actually doing okay for a relegation-threatened side.

He's like Benavente. Born and raised in Europe, but one of his parents is Peruvian. So they are trying to get him to play for Peru (since 2016). He's being difficult though. 

The thing is I believe us to have three superior forwards to him in Guerrero, Farfan and Ruidiaz, but the former 2 are both 35 years old and the latter hasn't worked out for us as we'd hoped on an international scale. To add to that, the strikers coming through in youth are god awful. So he could be a good option to have for the sake of depth. Weird that he doesn't want to play for us. You'd think playing for Lecce and Italy missing out on the World Cup would be enough, but I guess that Italy B cap he got must have got his head on the Azzurri only.

I used to be against having him on the side but now I think he could be of use.

• Administrator

He's like Benavente. Born and raised in Europe, but one of his parents is Peruvian. So they are trying to get him to play for Peru (since 2016). He's being difficult though. 

The thing is I believe us to have three superior forwards to him in Guerrero, Farfan and Ruidiaz, but the former 2 are both 35 years old and the latter hasn't worked out for us as we'd hoped on an international scale. To add to that, the strikers coming through in youth are god awful. So he could be a good option to have for the sake of depth. Weird that he doesn't want to play for us. You'd think playing for Lecce and Italy missing out on the World Cup would be enough, but I guess that Italy B cap he got must have got his head on the Azzurri only.

Well, on the flip side, he's 30, may not fancy travelling across the world too regularly as happens each season and could just be trying to live his life in Italy in readiness for when he hangs up his boots which isn't that far away. He might just prefer Italy? Just because they missed out on one World Cup doesn't automatically mean it makes his decision for him. 

He might just feel more Italian? If your born and raised someplace, you feel more connection with that sometimes than a place you may never even have actually been to. Maybe he feels there's probably more deserving Peruvians that'd really feel what it means to represent Peru in their heart - whereas for him he might just feel it's his last shot to play in an international tournament & he'd find that hollow.

Could be a lot of different reasons, can't really fault him for that tbh.

• Administrator

He might just feel more Italian? If your born and raised someplace, you feel more connection with that sometimes than a place you may never even have actually been to. Maybe he feels there's probably more deserving Peruvians that'd really feel what it means to represent Peru in their heart - whereas for him he might just feel it's his last shot to play in an international tournament & he'd find that hollow.

Yeah I don't think it's that weird that he's not chosen Peru.

Just now, Stan said:

Well, on the flip side, he's 30, may not fancy travelling across the world too regularly as happens each season and could just be trying to live his life in Italy in readiness for when he hangs up his boots which isn't that far away. He might just prefer Italy? Just because they missed out on one World Cup doesn't automatically mean it makes his decision for him. 

Yeah we are really struggling for young strikers. There's not many. I wouldn't be surprised if Guerrero and Farfan see out the end of the qualifiers because there is simply no one else. Ruidiaz also turns 30 this year. 

To be honest, I don't think he really cares if Peru or Italy are better than one another. I just think he wants to continue identifying himself as Italian. Look at Di Stefano, he identified himself as Argentinian even though he played more for Spain. My point about missing the World Cup though is that Peru were better than Italy at one point. Now we aren't, but back when Ventura was in charge I would have said we are better. Like you said though he might not just fancy travelling across the world to play for a country he really doesn't identify as a part of.

The media is obsessed with trying to get him on the national team but he just doesn't want to. There is also a lack of effort from the federation though and that's what frustrates people.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I agree, but if he wants to play international football he'll only get a chance with us.

There's things more important than playing football sometimes though. If I was a player and I only had a chance of playing for Canada I wouldn't. I am Peruvian more than anything else and that's how I identify myself as.

Peru were better than Italy, just because Italy failed to qualify for the World Cup? That's like saying Iran was better than Holland in 2018. You can say it, and point to world cup qualification...

...but I think you'd be hard pressed to convince me that it's actually true.

Peru were better than Italy, just because Italy failed to qualify for the World Cup? That's like saying Iran was better than Holland in 2018. You can say it, and point to world cup qualification...

...but I think you'd be hard pressed to convince me that it's actually true.

When Ventura were in charge, Italy were awful.

We don't have a better squad, we don't have their levels of depth and not their history but in 2018 I would have backed us to beat them due to more collective play.

Now it's a different story. That wasn't the point though. The point was along with playing for Lecce he won't really get a chance to play for Italy and he was waiting for a call up to play in the World Cup, then Italy didn't qualify. That's what I was getting at.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree there.

Yeah that's fine. Italy have always had a better squad than us. Same with Netherlands compared to Iran. And I always say that qualifying for the World Cup doesn't make you better than the other. This is true. In 2018 though Italy missed out for their god awful collective play. Netherlands were slowly improving but still not quite there yet.

Peru were excellent collectively and we have a worst squad than a couple sides in South America. The 4 that reached the World Cup, Chile and debatably Venezuela/Paraguay. Yet we went unbeaten for a year and a half and got a bit unlucky in the World Cup. It's hypothetical, but I firmly believe Peru and Denmark were even. That time we got picked to lose, and of course France are on another level compared to us.

Iran gave Spain and Portugal tons of trouble, so I don't see why Iran couldn't beat that Netherlands side of the qualifiers.

Yeah that's fine. Italy have always had a better squad than us. Same with Netherlands compared to Iran. And I always say that qualifying for the World Cup doesn't make you better than the other. This is true. In 2018 though Italy missed out for their god awful collective play. Netherlands were slowly improving but still not quite there yet.

Peru were excellent collectively and we have a worst squad than a couple sides in South America. The 4 that reached the World Cup, Chile and debatably Venezuela/Paraguay. Yet we went unbeaten for a year and a half and got a bit unlucky in the World Cup. It's hypothetical, but I firmly believe Peru and Denmark were even. That time we got picked to lose, and of course France are on another level compared to us.

Iran gave Spain and Portugal tons of trouble, so I don't see why Iran couldn't beat that Netherlands side of the qualifiers.

The Iran side at the last World Cup was probably Iran's crappiest World Cup squad in my lifetime tbh. Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun are decent players... but Iran were only able to give Spain and Portugal trouble by just being very very very defensive and not having to worry about the abject lack of creativity needed to beat good sides at the World Cup. Mahdavikia, Ali Daei, Ali Karimi, Nekounam… all players that were truly a cut above anyone Iran had out on the pitch in 2018.

Iran's issue internationally has always been that their league is good enough to produce players that are very good for Asian football. But taking that football to the World Stage means having more players playing outside Asia at a high level and Iran really haven't been able to do that quite easily. But those players from the past I listed were players that were able to leave Iran and really make their mark elsewhere - Iran needs more of that since the domestic league there will never take those players to those heights. And if anything, their domestic league is in real danger of being truly left behind by regional rivals considering the shite economic state the country is in.

I really want to watch Persepolis play Tractor now and see how that Peruvian fella does though. Looking at league stats, it seems like a few of the attacking players are South American (why in the fuck you'd go from South America to the Islamic Republic of Iran is beyond me lol... but that's interesting).

The Iran side at the last World Cup was probably Iran's crappiest World Cup squad in my lifetime tbh. Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun are decent players... but Iran were only able to give Spain and Portugal trouble by just being very very very defensive and not having to worry about the abject lack of creativity needed to beat good sides at the World Cup. Mahdavikia, Ali Daei, Ali Karimi, Nekounam… all players that were truly a cut above anyone Iran had out on the pitch in 2018.

Iran's issue internationally has always been that their league is good enough to produce players that are very good for Asian football. But taking that football to the World Stage means having more players playing outside Asia at a high level and Iran really haven't been able to do that quite easily. But those players from the past I listed were players that were able to leave Iran and really make their mark elsewhere - Iran needs more of that since the domestic league there will never take those players to those heights. And if anything, their domestic league is in real danger of being truly left behind by regional rivals considering the shite economic state the country is in.

I really want to watch Persepolis play Tractor now and see how that Peruvian fella does though. Looking at league stats, it seems like a few of the attacking players are South American (why in the fuck you'd go from South America to the Islamic Republic of Iran is beyond me lol... but that's interesting).

I thought Iran looked good offensively as well in that World Cup to be honest, but I'll take your word for it on their squad.

As for why Mimbela would go from South America to Iran, he was living in a crappy district of the Amazon after all :D

I thought Iran looked good offensively as well in that World Cup to be honest, but I'll take your word for it on their squad.

As for why Mimbela would go from South America to Iran, he was living in a crappy district of the Amazon after all :D

I expected more from Iran because of Jahanbakhsh's form in Holland - but you compare it to previous Iran squads... and I guess it's probably not fair to compare it to them because Mahdavikia, Daei and Karimi are probably Iran's best players since the 1979 revolution... there was just a lack of creativity and goal threat overall from Iran. I don't think Iran looked particularly good attacking, they were just compact and efficient - which is probably the best tactic for smaller footballing nations to employ. But outside of Sardar Azmoun (probably Iran's best player nowadays... and I think he's one of those players that thinks he's better than he is so I don't really like him)... no real creativity from Iran.

It's a shame Karimi liked eating so much, because that guy was fucking great at his best... and his best could have been longer in Europe had he just put down the kabobs, tadig, and khoresht for a bit longer.

2 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

When Ventura were in charge, Italy were awful.

We don't have a better squad, we don't have their levels of depth and not their history but in 2018 I would have backed us to beat them due to more collective play.

Now it's a different story. That wasn't the point though. The point was along with playing for Lecce he won't really get a chance to play for Italy and he was waiting for a call up to play in the World Cup, then Italy didn't qualify. That's what I was getting at.

I would probably agree with Brian regarding the comparison between the  2018 Peru team and the Italian team under Ventura. As a team, Peru were probably better. Italy had an easy qualifying group(except for having Spain) and yet they still drew at home to a team like Macedonia and their general performances were not impressive despite their wins. It didn't take too much from Sweden to knock them out in the play-offs, Italy seemed clueless when they were going forward. Peru had a decent side at that point in time.

However, I wouldn't agree about Iran being better than the Netherlands. The Netherlands were placed in a strong qualifying group with France and Sweden, even then they had the better head to head with Sweden, where they beat them 2-0 at home and drew 1-1 away. The Netherlands downfall was losing away to Bulgaria, that match essentially cost them a place in the play-offs at least.

With all due respect to Iran and other Asian sides, they are just not on the level of the better European and South American sides. Iran just parked the bus, as that was the only way they knew they could get something out of their matches. The current quality of Iranian players in general, pales in comparison to the  Iranian players of the past like Ali Daei or Mahdavikia.

4 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

I'm bored so I'm gonna list all the Peruvians Abroad options. Maybe it could help for future transfer threads xD

MLS

Marcos Lopez - San Jose Earthquakes

Andy Polo - Portland Timbers

Yordy Reyna - Vancouver Whitecaps

Alexander Callens - New York City FC

Raul Ruidiaz - Seattle Sounders

Pedro Gallese - Orlando City

Edison Flores - DC United

Spain

Luis Advincula - Rayo Vallecano

Jeisson Martinez - Fuenlabrada

Bryan Reyna - Las Rozas

Leandro Vasquez - San Fernando Henares

The Netherlands

Renato Tapia - Feyenoord

Sergio Peña - Emmen

Miguel Araujo - Emmen

Azerbaijan

Alvaro Ampuero - Zira

Bolivia

Juan Diego Gutierrez - Oriente Petrolero

Canada

Jair Cordova - Cavalry

Raul Tito - FC Edmonton

Chile

Gabriel Costa - Colo Colo

Iran

Willyan Mimbela - Tractor Sazi

Mexico

Christian Cueva - Pachuca

Pedro Aquino - Leon

Anderson Santamaria - Atlas

Yoshimar Yotun - Cruz Azul

Alejandro Duarte - Zacatepec

Rodrigo Cuba - Zacatepec

Panama

Rafael Asca - Atletico Chiriqui

Portugal

Gustavo Dulanto - Boavista

Renzo Peramas - Maritimo II

Russia

Jefferson Farfan - Lokomotiv Moscow

Turkey

Paolo Hurtado - Konyaspor

Saudi Arabia

Andre Carrillo - Al-Hilal

Luis Rodolfo Ojeda - Al Ittifaq

Sweden

Hector Vega - Husqvarna

Germany

Claudio Pizarro - Werder Bremen

France

Percy Prado - FC Nantes

Cristian Benavente - FC Nantes

Miguel Trauco - Saint-Etienne

Argentina

Carlos Zambrano - Boca Juniors

Wilder Cartagena - Godoy Cruz

Luis Abram - Velez Sarsfield

Brazil

Fernando Pacheco - Fluminense

Alex Lecaros - Botafogo

Kevin Quevedo - Goias

Paolo Guerrero - Internacional

French Guyana

Junior Alegria - Matoury

Haiti

Danilo Barriga - Tempete

San Marino

Pedro Cruz - Virtus

Japan

Erick Noriega - Shimizu

Frank Romero - Albiirex Niigata

How is Zambrano doing in Argentina? He was meant to be highly rated when he was younger. He was a very rugged defender when he was playing in Europe, collecting many yellow card bookings and a several red cards as well. I would have thought the roughness of the Argentinian league might suit him.

22 minutes ago, Michael said:

How is Zambrano doing in Argentina? He was meant to be highly rated when he was younger. He was a very rugged defender when he was playing in Europe, collecting many yellow card bookings and a several red cards as well. I would have thought the roughness of the Argentinian league might suit him.

Zambrano just joined Boca recently. I suspect he'll be starting for them soon. I don't want him on the national team though, very rough defender and still has a silly sending off in him. Shame because if we ignore that and just look at his defensive game he is one of the best we've had this century.

Archived