talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peruvians Abroad

football forum

6 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Zambrano just joined Boca recently. I suspect he'll be starting for them soon. I don't want him on the national team though, very rough defender and still has a silly sending off in him. Shame because if we ignore that and just look at his defensive game he is one of the best we've had this century.

I agree, his aggressiveness is a liability, which is a pity, as he has always had the traits of a good all round defender. I think he could of gone much further in his career if wasn't so aggressive and reckless at times.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

An update.

Renato Tapia, Percy Prado, Christian Cueva and Cristian Benavente are all without a club. 

Tapia is more than likely joining Celta de Vigo if they stay up. Cueva could go anywhere. He seems to have good backing from his agent and clubs buy it. He could end up back in Peru for being lazy or could end up at Boca for being talented.

Percy Prado I have no idea. Maybe Ligue 2. Benavente will probably go back to Belgium.

13 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

An update.

Renato Tapia, Percy Prado, Christian Cueva and Cristian Benavente are all without a club. 

Tapia is more than likely joining Celta de Vigo if they stay up. Cueva could go anywhere. He seems to have good backing from his agent and clubs buy it. He could end up back in Peru for being lazy or could end up at Boca for being talented.

Percy Prado I have no idea. Maybe Ligue 2. Benavente will probably go back to Belgium.

Tapia rejected a contract as he is holding out for Barcelona, they might come in for him now he is free.

On 19/02/2020 at 19:57, Dr. Gonzo said:

Peru were better than Italy, just because Italy failed to qualify for the World Cup? That's like saying Iran was better than Holland in 2018. You can say it, and point to world cup qualification...

...but I think you'd be hard pressed to convince me that it's actually true.

Brian said Peru were better than Italy!! Don't comment, dont comment, it's not worth it, don't comment.

PERUVIAN TO EUROPE ALERT!!!

Aldair Rodriguez is off to Fenerbahce. It appears it's a done deal according to Turkish media. Very excited about this, Aldair Rodriguez has been a joy to watch since he converted to striker, and he was already an option for the national team.

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Whatever happened to ex-Wolfsburg defender Carlos Ascues? He was meant to be a big prospect a few years ago.

He's at Alianza Lima now, and he's completely crap.

Several managers couldn't decide what position he was. Gareca thought CB, and Reynoso thought midfielder, which Bengochea later said attacking midfielder. So he lost himself.

This season has been his worst yet. Shame because he has talent. His decision making is some of the worst I've seen in football.

6 minutes ago, Mpache said:

He's at Alianza Lima now, and he's completely crap.

Several managers couldn't decide what position he was. Gareca thought CB, and Reynoso thought midfielder, which Bengochea later said attacking midfielder. So he lost himself.

This season has been his worst yet. Shame because he has talent. His decision making is some of the worst I've seen in football.

Hmm, it seems like his career has taken a turn for the worst. Physically he seemed like he had a lot to offer, but yeah, if his decision making has been bad, then it's no surprise he's not done too well. Decision making in the modern game is key. You have to be a quick thinker as well as being quick on your feet, in order to succeed at a high level.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Hmm, it seems like his career has taken a turn for the worst. Physically he seemed like he had a lot to offer, but yeah, if his decision making has been bad, then it's no surprise he's not done too well. Decision making in the modern game is key. You have to be a quick thinker as well as being quick on your feet, in order to succeed at a high level.

He got an opportunity at Orlando and actually did OK. The moment he went back to Alianza, he's looked inept. Everytime he gets the ball he passes it sideways or makes a backpass. I was in Lima in march and went to one of their Libertadores matches and actually began counting how many sideways or backpasses he would make after it got old quickly. A player with his quality should not be so afraid to play risks.

He's also gone partying at the wrong times, so he's gotten in trouble by the club. Not shown the adequate discipline. 

3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

He got an opportunity at Orlando and actually did OK. The moment he went back to Alianza, he's looked inept. Everytime he gets the ball he passes it sideways or makes a backpass. I was in Lima in march and went to one of their Libertadores matches and actually began counting how many sideways or backpasses he would make after it got old quickly. A player with his quality should not be so afraid to play risks.

He's also gone partying at the wrong times, so he's gotten in trouble by the club. Not shown the adequate discipline. 

It's a shame that his career seems to have taken a turn for the worse.

According to Italian media, Yuriel Celi is linked with Benfica @Machado

He's 18 so he'll probably go, develop and debut if he's good enough for them. If not, he'll either come back to Peru as a better player or continue fighting his spot in a better league.

Club America are going to pay 8M for Luis Abram's release clause.

Nooooooo! This is a mistake Lucho! You're destination is Europe. You have an EU passport and are already in a better league than the Liga MX.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Update

Spain

Renato Tapia - Celta de Vigo

Luis Advincula - Rayo Vallecano

Jeisson Martinez - Fuenlabrada

Aldair Fuentes - Fuenlabrada

France

Miguel Trauco - St Etienne

Netherlands

Sergio Peña - Emmen

Miguel Araujo - Emmen

Argentina

Carlos Zambrano - Boca Juniors

Luis Abram - Velez

Wilder Cartagena - Godoy Cruz

Brazil

Kevin Quevedo - Goias

Fernando Pacheco - Fluminense

Alexander Lecaros - Botafogo

Paolo Guerrero - Internacional

Canada

Yordy Reyna - Vancouver Whitecaps

Jair Cordova - Cavalry

Chile

Gabriel Costa - Colo Colo

Hector Vega - San Antonio Unido

China

Roberto Siucho - Kunshan

French Guyana

Junior Alegria Servan - Maloury

Haiti

Danilo Barriga - Tempete

Japan

Frank Romero - Albirex Niigata

Erick Noriega - Machida Zelvia

Mexico

Anderson Santamaria - Atlas

Yoshimar Yotun - Cruz Azul

Pedro Aquino - Leon

Panama

Rafael Asca - Atletico Chiriqui

Portugal

Gustavo Dulanto - Boavista

Renzo Peramas - Maritimo

San Marino

Pedro Cruz - Virtus

Saudi Arabia

Andre Carrillo - Al Hilal

Luis Rodolfo Ojeda - Al Ittifaq

Turkey

Paolo Hurtado - Konyaspor

USA

Marcos Lopez - San Jose Earthquakes

Edison Flores - DC United

Raul Ruidiaz - Seattle Sounders

Pedro Gallese - Orlando City

Andy Polo - Portland Timbers

Alexander Callens - New York City FC

M. Yzaga - Duke University

• 3 months later...

Renato Tapia and Miguel Trauco the most reputable Peruvians abroad today I reckon as they are both at respectable European clubs (Celta de Vigo and St Etienne).

Made this graphic on Trauco a few weeks ago. He's done well after returning to the side.

• 3 weeks later...

An update

Gallese will stagnate from here on, which is fine as he's one of the best keepers in the MLS. I don't see him in Europe but I do see him competing with good clubs in the America's for the remainder of his career.

Advincula is on the way down. There's a reason he hasn't left Rayo and it's because he's been very inconsistent with them. More bad then good I'd say.

Trauco will stay at clubs similar to St Etienne. Similar to Gallese, I think he's hit his peak.

Abram is one who I can see head up. I can see him going to a bigger club than Velez soon. Whether its in Europe or the America's. All I am saying is I think he'll head forward. Same with Araujo and he's more likely to leave thanks to Emmen's league position

Anderson Santamaria will stay in Mexico, same with Callens in the MLS.

Still undecided on Lopez, we'll see next season I guess.

Yotun is on the way down. He still has some game in him but has become more inconsistent. I think he'll be with Cruz Azul until the summer then find a new club.

Cueva will be back in Peru at some point in 2021. His career abroad is done.

Tapia will continue growing and if he keeps his form for Celta, I can see him ending at a Sevilla or a Valencia. 

Pedro Aquino plays for a big club in Club America, but I'd like to see him take a jump to Europe or Boca/River if still possible after a season or 2.

Wilder Cartagena is rumoured to go back to Peru, but I honestly think he should go to Mexico if he has the option. He'll be appreciated there and play at a higher standard.

Carrillo will stay at Al-Hilal, which is annoying as he's going through the Guerrero syndrome in that he left Europe and developed into a better player since.

Edison Flores has hit his peak and will either stay at DC or go back to Peru.

Raul Ruidiaz has 2 or 3 more years in the MLS then it's back to Peru.

Andy Polo is a role player at Portland so I don't think he's set to head back just yet.

1ef496973d512ab5de14b40a42aea17f.png

More.

Carlos Zambrano is rumoured to leave Boca. He's still aggressive but he's not as good technically as he was at Schalke, St Pauli and Frankfurt anymore. He's on his way down.

Sergio Peña should leave Emmen. Though his value is probably heading downwards a bit. He was fantastic last season, but not so great this year. @Panna King

Rodrigo Vilca should go on loan this window, not sure to where. Kind of hope it's the Netherlands though, or somewhere that he'll gain shape. @N U F C @Steve Bruce Almighty

Jefferson Farfan will end up in MLS or back in Peru. I prefer the latter. He can still tear apart the MLS, but he's too injury prone and unreliable these days. I prefer him to go back home now instead of tarnish his reputation that he worked for in Europe.

Alex Valera was a pleasant surprise and we'll find out this year if he can make a jump abroad.

Yordy Reyna is an average player and will score a few in DC but won't ever be a top player in the MLS.

Matias Succar is going to develop first in the Juniors team for LASK before he can make his debut in Austria. Honestly I suspect he'll jump to the first team quickly. @nudge

bf7cb9e532697030cb42712b19180338.png

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Matias Succar is going to develop first in the Juniors team for LASK before he can make his debut in Austria. Honestly I suspect he'll jump to the first team quickly. @nudge

Still no official statement from LASK... But yeah, I can imagine him being loaned out to Juniors OÖ or another Austrian team first; LASK have quite a few decent strikers at the moment, so he'd surely be an option for the future.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Still no official statement from LASK... But yeah, I can imagine him being loaned out to Juniors OÖ or another Austrian team first; LASK have quite a few decent strikers at the moment, so he'd surely be an option for the future.

The club itself has not confirmed it to public but it appears the vice-president has spoken about the plan for him.

I'm not saying he is the second coming of Guerrero or Pizarro. However, since it's not Salzburg I honestly think he has a good chance of making the first team quickly.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

The club itself has not confirmed it to public but it appears the vice-president has spoken about the plan for him.

I'm not saying he is the second coming of Guerrero or Pizarro. However, since it's not Salzburg I honestly think he has a good chance of making the first team quickly.

Yeah, I also read that he's arrived to Linz already. The team president said that they are interested in signing him, but he's not the type of the striker they are looking for at the moment, so he would be likely loaned out to Juniors OÖ or another Austrian club. I obviously don't know anything about Succar, but if he's decent, he'll surely get a chance to impress in summer during the pre-season.  

• 2 weeks later...

Paolo Guerrero named in the CONMEBOL XI of the last 10 years. Hard to dispute, considering he scored more goals than anyone in that time in his position if I'm correct.

Only one I disagree with on the list is Cesar and Aguero. Bravo should be in net and Aguero was only good for Argentina at the start of the decade.

Archived