• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Germany Shooting - At Least 9 Dead in Xenophobic Attack

football forum

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Azeem said:

So when is this guys manifesto coming out ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51567971

I don't know, it's probably the same manifesto as Anders Breiviks.

This animal not only went on a shooting spree targeting Turks, but it also seems like he killed his own mother, as well as himself.

Such a mindless, racist and bigoted act by this coward. He was probably one of these people who blamed the Jews for everything bad that happens.

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

So is the thought that he was targeting Turks because of the district the shooting took place? 

Yes, I believe so. Merkel has come out herself and said that this was a racially motivated attack.

The places he targeted were Shisha bars, frequented by Turks.

Just now, Michael said:

Yes, I believe so. Merkel has come out herself and said that this was a racially motivated attack.

The places he targeted were Shisha bars, frequented by Turks.

Yeah - I was curious how they came to that conclusion, and so I supposed that was it. 

Are there a lot of Turks in Germany? 

• The title was changed to Germany Shooting - Eight Dead in Xenophobic Attack
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Had no idea, it's been years since I visited Germany. 

It's estimated that Turks make up 5% of Germany's overall population. The Turks live in most of the big cities. I know that when I went to Berlin, there were many there, well certainly in a couple of the districts that I visited.

The Turks have been there for years, they mainly came over to Germany as guest workers or "Gastarbeiter" in the 50's.

• The title was changed to Germany Shooting - At Least 9 Dead in Xenophobic Attack
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Yeah - I was curious how they came to that conclusion, and so I supposed that was it. 

Are there a lot of Turks in Germany? 

Germany was given financial aid under a US program after the WW under this program Germany asked US to send workers from partner countries mainly Pakistan but since the quantity asked was too much and a lot of Pakistanis were already immigrating to UK Turks were sent instead, we gave financial aid to Germany though

Terrible what's happening in this country. It seems that it's back in fashion to be openly "right-wing/Nazi" again. The AfD and their political agitation play a big part in this and are to blame for what happened last night. 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Terrible what's happening in this country. It seems that it's back in fashion to be openly "right-wing/Nazi" again. The AfD and their political agitation play a big part in this and are to blame for what happened last night.

I think it's a Europe wide issue unfortunately.

• Subscriber

The shooter was well and truly fucked up in the head. In addition to having extreme racist/xenophobic/eugenicist beliefs he was also apparently some sort of an incel who blamed some unspecified mysterious secret service for not having ever been with a woman; the mysterious secret service which, according to him, has the ability to read people's minds and manipulate them. This secret service has been apparently watching and mind-controlling him for his entire life; and he had even filed three law suits against "illegal surveillance" at different police stations and also the Bundesverfassungsgericht in Karlsruhe in the past. Also apparently various prominent persons such as Trump or - I kid you not - Jürgen Klopp had been stealing his ideas; just like Hollywood studios that he accused of stealing his movie/tv shows ideas (namely Vikings and Prison Break) too. Trump’s slogan “America first” was apparently also stolen from his thoughts and in his opinion, he played a large part in the strategy and tactical approach of the United States for combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. He also claimed to have had conversations with invisible people in his student housing in the past. His ramblings also contain numerous allusions to other conspiracy theories, with a section dedicated to the supposed devil worship and secret societies purportedly abusing and killing small children and controlling the US.

https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/politik/hanau-schuesse-taeter-100.html

https://kurier.at/politik/ausland/die-krude-welt-des-tobias-r-taeter-von-hanau-hasste-auslaender-und-frauen/400759740

https://www.20min.ch/ausland/news/story/Taeter-fuehlte-sich-vom-Geheimdienst-ueberwacht-13818548

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1230402281666949123.html (this one's in English)

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

Since this was a racist attack on Turks it will be soon forgotten.

Sad, but probably true.

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

The normalisation of the far right and proto-fascism (if not outright fascism) is genuinely one of the most terrifying things about this era we live in. Seems like it's happening all over the west - almost like it's been too long since the 40s and memories have faded quickly. Pretty sad considering we live in a time where there's more access to information at everyone's fingertips - there's no excuse to be forgetting history from 80 odd years ago. Yet that's where I fear we are.

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

The shooter was well and truly fucked up in the head. In addition to having extreme racist/xenophobic/eugenicist beliefs he was also apparently some sort of an incel who blamed some unspecified mysterious secret service for not having ever been with a woman; the mysterious secret service which, according to him, has the ability to read people's minds and manipulate them. This secret service has been apparently watching and mind-controlling him for his entire life; and he had even filed three law suits against "illegal surveillance" at different police stations and also the Bundesverfassungsgericht in Karlsruhe in the past. Also apparently various prominent persons such as Trump or - I kid you not - Jürgen Klopp had been stealing his ideas; just like Hollywood studios that he accused of stealing his movie/tv shows ideas (namely Vikings and Prison Break) too. Trump’s slogan “America first” was apparently also stolen from his thoughts and in his opinion, he played a large part in the strategy and tactical approach of the United States for combat missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. He also claimed to have had conversations with invisible people in his student housing in the past. His ramblings also contain numerous allusions to other conspiracy theories, with a section dedicated to the supposed devil worship and secret societies purportedly abusing and killing small children and controlling the US.

https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/politik/hanau-schuesse-taeter-100.html

https://kurier.at/politik/ausland/die-krude-welt-des-tobias-r-taeter-von-hanau-hasste-auslaender-und-frauen/400759740

https://www.20min.ch/ausland/news/story/Taeter-fuehlte-sich-vom-Geheimdienst-ueberwacht-13818548

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1230402281666949123.html (this one's in English)

I mean he was clearly fucked in the head because he decided to go and shoot people. But lol @ the Klopp stuff. Also the "America first" slogan was stolen by Trump... but he stole it from William Randolph Hearst & these fuckers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_First_Committee - this guy was just a delusional fascist.

That part about conspiracy theories about secret societies & delusional thoughts does have me worry a bit about a certain member on here that decided to stop posting on here after she was criticised for insisting we were all stupid for not going along with her insane views.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean he was clearly fucked in the head because he decided to go and shoot people. But lol @ the Klopp stuff. Also the "America first" slogan was stolen by Trump... but he stole it from William Randolph Hearst & these fuckers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_First_Committee - this guy was just a delusional fascist.

That part about conspiracy theories about secret societies & delusional thoughts does have me worry a bit about a certain member on here that decided to stop posting on here after she was criticised for insisting we were all stupid for not going along with her insane views.

Oh for sure; but all the additional weird info coming out clearly indicates a significant ongoing mental illness which should probably have been uncovered and addressed years ago - potentially meaning that the attack could have been prevented if mental healthcare system was more efficient. A few years ago I was unfortunate enough to meet someone who was paranoid schizophrenic and was living abroad while on state benefits at that time (with no control over him taking meds or potential danger to society assessed); his ramblings back then sounded quite similar to what I've just read about this psycho (including the paranoid and the racist stuff). Had to check his photo and name as the similarities were uncanny. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Oh for sure; but all the additional weird info coming out clearly indicates a significant ongoing mental illness which should probably have been uncovered and addressed years ago - potentially meaning that the attack could have been prevented if mental healthcare system was more efficient. A few years ago I was unfortunate enough to meet someone who was paranoid schizophrenic and was living abroad while on state benefits at that time (with no control over him taking meds or potential danger to society assessed); his ramblings back then sounded quite similar to what I've just read about this psycho (including the paranoid and the racist stuff). Had to check his photo and name as the similarities were uncanny. 

Oh shit. Was it the same person? :o

Where I'm at now, we've got a pretty big issue with our homeless population - many of whom are schizophrenics that have either no family left or for whatever reason have been abandoned and are living on the streets to fend for themselves... and many of them have turned to using meth to self-medicate their paranoid schizophrenia. And I don't know if you've heard of "meth psychosis" but it's when you start having hallucinations and delusions from being up too many hours a row on any sort of stimulant like meth. As you can imagine, it's not the most effective way for them to medicate and it can make things dangerous for them and the people around them.

Makes me wonder how many people could be helped worldwide if the general public cared more about dealing with peoples' mental health issues. Seems like this guy could have had treatment and we'd have 8 people still living their lives.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh shit. Was it the same person? :o

Where I'm at now, we've got a pretty big issue with our homeless population - many of whom are schizophrenics that have either no family left or for whatever reason have been abandoned and are living on the streets to fend for themselves... and many of them have turned to using meth to self-medicate their paranoid schizophrenia. And I don't know if you've heard of "meth psychosis" but it's when you start having hallucinations and delusions from being up too many hours a row on any sort of stimulant like meth. As you can imagine, it's not the most effective way for them to medicate and it can make things dangerous for them and the people around them.

Makes me wonder how many people could be helped worldwide if the general public cared more about dealing with peoples' mental health issues. Seems like this guy could have had treatment and we'd have 8 people still living their lives.

Haha, no. The one I've met is probably still bumming for beers somewhere in Asia.

Yeah, I've heard of meth psychosis and also saw it in action a few times. Scares the crap out of me. I think we even talked about it in the drugs thread a while ago. Horrible stuff; and imagine someone who's already seriously mentally ill and should be taking meds regularly to keep it under control but self-medicates with methamphetamines instead... Completely batshit crazy and unpredictable. 

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah, I've heard of meth psychosis and also saw it in action a few times. Scares the crap out of me. I think we even talked about it in the drugs thread a while ago. Horrible stuff; and imagine someone who's already seriously mentally ill and should be taking meds regularly to keep it under control but self-medicates with methamphetamines instead... Completely batshit crazy and unpredictable. 

I was on a trolley here where a methhead stabbed someone in the neck after yelling at a person that wasn't there - turned out that person was someone who'd self medicated their paranoid schizophrenia. I was in another carriage on the trolley when it happened, so I didn't see it happen or anything - but it did make the local news that night and that's when I learned about wtf happened.

It's a bit off topic, but I think it does show the danger of leaving people with mental illness to their own devices when they've got the capability of doing some very fucked up shit if they're not given the proper treatment. They don't even need to be loaded up on meth to be dangerous, as this shooter here shows.

I do think the rise in far right extremist rhetoric becoming normal in politics is leading to mental people being influenced negatively though.

18 minutes ago, Azeem said:

He called for the complete elimination of Pakistan, Morocco, Tunisia, Iran, India, Egypt and the Philippines in his manifesto, honestly saying i can see where he is coming from :ph34r:

Why the Philippines? I know there's Muslims there... but it's like 80% Catholic.

It's mad that some people insist that this new phenomenon isn't a huge structural issue, and try to contrast with the Rote Armee Fraktion.

The RAF didn't have its own party in the Bundestag. The RAF didn't have the backing of a large chunk of the police and the military. And yet RAF were still seen as an urgent national threat and ruthlessly hunted down. 

Why is there not a similar reaction now?

7 minutes ago, Inverted said:

It's mad that some people insist that this new phenomenon isn't a huge structural issue, and try to contrast with the Rote Armee Fraktion.

The RAF didn't have its own party in the Bundestag. The RAF didn't have the backing of a large chunk of the police and the military. And yet RAF were still seen as an urgent national threat and ruthlessly hunted down. 

Why is there not a similar reaction now?

Tbf RAF was an actual organisation that committed violent terrorism. Whereas from what we know about this guy, he appears to be someone mental that's just been pushed into believing stupid things by far-right politicians. Compare that to the Red Army Faction (I'm just going to use their English name)… who were formed partially because of young people in West Germany angry that people who held government positions while the Nazis were in power ended up having government positions now that the Nazis weren't in power.

They planned assassination attempts and had important politically important people as their targets - so the government had extra incentive to hunt them down, self-preservation is a powerful motivator.

Which isn't to say there aren't organised far right terroristic groups out there - because there certainly are. But it's not really the most apt comparison for yesterday's shooting, which just seems to be a mental person inspired by dangerous rhetoric.

Archived