talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 0-1 Man City - Saturday 22nd February, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

This wasn't given as a penalty lol

ERZqRvIU0AUyM4o?format=jpg&name=900x900

Same VAR ref as the one for the Chelsea game. 

Absolutely bizarre how that's not given but their one was. Where's the consistency? 

And how we didn't get a penalty for the Kelechi incident as well is beyond me. Twice Ederson has got away with cleaning out our players and not given away a penalty. 

IMG_20200222_183102.jpg.08e228e0f852fb96

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Absolutely bizarre how that's not given but their one was. Where's the consistency? 

And how we didn't get a penalty for the Kelechi incident as well is beyond me. Twice Ederson has got away with cleaning out our players and not given away a penalty. 

I don't know about the other incident but when I saw the penalty against you the player appeared to have his hand out further and wasn't protecting his face. Where as that player has his hands infront of his face. Seems perdantic but I can understand why one was given and the other wasn't

• The title was changed to Leicester 0-1 Man City - Saturday 22nd February, 2020
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't know about the other incident but when I saw the penalty against you the player appeared to have his hand out further and wasn't protecting his face. Where as that player has his hands infront of his face. Seems perdantic but I can understand why one was given and the other wasn't

I don't mind Praet's penalty being given. Not saying that shouldn't have been given. Just that there's no consistency.

But protection of face is not not handball. That's not an excuse. It's still handball. I know you love to defend referees and that's fair enough but today, David Coote, is utterly indefensible.

3 incidents he's absolutely ballsed up today.

• Administrator
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yeah I don't think the De Bruyne incident is a penalty. 

As for Edersons challenge, what those still pictures seem to miss is that he gets the ball. Kelechi heads it, and Ederson saves it as he flies through to punch it. No foul play here just a corner. 

So he doesn't endanger an opponent by nearly whacking his head off even as he comes flying out?

I don't get how the KDB incident can't be a penalty. He's literally moved his arms up to block the ball. On what planet is that not a penalty?

• The topic was unpinned
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

So he doesn't endanger an opponent by nearly whacking his head off even as he comes flying out?

I don't get how the KDB incident can't be a penalty. He's literally moved his arms up to block the ball. On what planet is that not a penalty?

Those aren't the rules of the game. The keeper gets the ball first. He's not "studs up" Or "Out of control" It's a corner. 

KDB's hands aren't in an unnatural position or striking the ball intentionally. 

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Those aren't the rules of the game. The keeper gets the ball first. He's not "studs up" Or "Out of control" It's a corner. 

KDB's hands aren't in an unnatural position or striking the ball intentionally. 

Except they are. Endangering opponent, no matter whether you get the ball or not is a foul, it's literally written down. Whether you think that was the case here is a different matter, but don't lie.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

KDB's hands aren't in an unnatural position

what?

Since when is it okay to block a shot with your hands just cos they protect your face? 

Either way we'll have to agree to disagree on all counts. I think they're all penalties (including Praet's). You don't. We'll go round in circles.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Except they are. Endangering opponent, no matter whether you get the ball or not is a foul, it's literally written down. Whether you think that was the case here is a different matter, but don't lie.

Not in that format it's not. Could you fucking imagine. Way too open to interpretation. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Not in that format it's not. Could you fucking imagine. Way too open to interpretation. 

What do you mean 'not in that format'?

He's flying out and cleans a player out? 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

What do you mean 'not in that format'?

He's flying out and cleans a player out? 

I mean the rulebook doesn't say "If you endanger an opponent it's a foul" Here's what the rulebook actually says. Word for word, everything in the brackets is copy pasted.

(if a player plays in a dangerous manner in a "normal" challenge, the referee should not take any disciplinary action)

This is exactly what has happened IMO. The keeper has every right to attempt to punch that ball, he is practising a standard (normal) goalkeeper skill. He wins the ball as he comes through and unfortunately his follow through takes him into the player. No foul.  

• Subscriber

The Ederson one isn't a foul for me, he gets a hand on the ball so it goes down as a save followed by a collision.

I wouldn't like to say on the De Bruyne one. It depends which rule we're going with this week. If it's the silhouette rule then it's fine because it would have hit his face anyway unlike Praet's handball. If it's the hands in an unnatural position rule this week then they're both penalties. And if we're going by 2019-20 Premier League rules it's ring the boys up in Stockley Park, ask them to flip a coin and if it's heads, penalty, if it's tails, no penalty.

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't mind Praet's penalty being given. Not saying that shouldn't have been given. Just that there's no consistency.

But protection of face is not not handball. That's not an excuse. It's still handball. I know you love to defend referees and that's fair enough but today, David Coote, is utterly indefensible.

3 incidents he's absolutely ballsed up today.

I don't love to defend referees. I'm just realisistic that a lot of people try to become referees and not many get to premier League level. It's not something everybody can do. People love to criticize but they have no refereeing experience. People make out that the mistakes they make are mistakes that only an idiot would make but actually they are highly trained and if they can make these mistakes they can me made quite easily. I'm not to sure what the rules are on covering your face so can't say just speculating.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Nothing wrong here, carry on!  

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Do you expect him to just get hit in the face? :8_laughing:  ..natural reaction and his hands wasn't outside his body = play on

Protecting your face is not an excuse to stop handball being given xD

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Hands was not outside his body, that's why it wasn't given  ..good save from Ederson too, your lad should not have got his face in the way  ;)

What are you on about?

He literally lifts his hand to block the ball. Outside of body or not is not a thing. His hands were in an unnatural position. End of.

Archived