Everton - 61

Recent Form
Arsenal - WDWDD
Everton - WWDDW

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Not really sure what to expect from this. Even though Arsenal are a shadow of what they should be at the moment, it would still be a big statement for us to go there and win given our massive mental block at certain away games. According to the podcasts I listen to, we haven't won at Arsenal since 1996, Chelsea since 1994 and Liverpool since 1999. I'm definitely a year or two out on a couple of those but that's incredible to have three records like that when we've played those teams every season since.

The form for each team makes for surprising reading for two sides whose current league positions are a pretty honest reflection of their ability in my opinion. 

I know they won 4-0 last week but my gut feeling is still that if I was offered a draw or see how it goes, I'd choose to see how it goes.

12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I know they won 4-0 last week but my gut feeling is still that if I was offered a draw or see how it goes, I'd choose to see how it goes.

They were there for the taking in the first 30 minutes last week. Every reason for a side like Everton to have hope. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

How has Pepe been at Arsneal this year? I loved him last year at Lille, but haven't seen him since his move to the EPL. 

He’s awful - buying from that farmers league is very difficult 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

How has Pepe been at Arsneal this year? I loved him last year at Lille, but haven't seen him since his move to the EPL. 

Nowhere near the £72m Arsenal paid Lille for him.

He's not great.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 0-1 (Calvert-Lewin 1") Everton - Sunday 23rd February, 2020
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Got to say this Arsenal defense are shaky. They are making poor passes and putting themselves under pressure easily. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I don't watch the EPL so I don't know their names, but the CB on Arsenal with the white hair looks slow and uneasy 

They've been shite all season. No organisation, discipline or any kind of connection whoever plays there. Mustafi is just average at best. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

It's David Luiz and Mustafi. Are you surprised? 

Well not surprised at the CB partnership being shaky its the fact that the wings have an opportunity to clear it up and instead pass it back into traffic. Sometimes I wonder how much possession matters when you're under 15 minutes into a game and the opposition have confidence on their side. I suspect we'll see more goals in this one,.

• The title was changed to Arsenal (Nketiah 27") 1-1 Everton - Sunday 23rd February, 2020
  • The title was changed to Arsenal (Aubameyang, 33") 2-1 Everton - Sunday 23rd February, 2020

Saka is something special.

34 minutes ago, Eco said:

Hasn't been worth the big money but has been an okay player that sometimes bursts into life. 6.5/10.

34 minutes ago, Storts said:

He’s awful - buying from that farmers league is very difficult 

I take it you're not that happy with Ndombele...

25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's David Luiz and Mustafi. Are you surprised? 

They've actually been solid together recently.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 3-2 Everton - Sunday 23rd February, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived