talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-2 West Ham - Monday 24th February, 2020

football forum

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know mate. Think some people have taken it to the extreme and thought I'd called Firmino shit. 

Not at all. I understood you and my point was on players similar to Firmino.

But I don't get the sentiment that non goal scoring strikers can't be amongst the best in their leagues. All strikers are different, and just ranking them based on goals scored is very fickle. 

I don't know where Firmino would rank but strikers can have other traits that make them stand out. As I said, I think ideally between 10-15 goals is the minimum you should aim for to be amongst the elite.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know mate. Think some people have taken it to the extreme and thought I'd called Firmino shit. 

No but you're comparing completely different players. Firmino might appear as a central number 9 on the line ups that they show before the game on Sky or whatever but he's nothing like that

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

If we win every single game in the league for the next four we'll win it when we play Palace?

Palace is FA Cup quarter final weekend so if we go through v Chelsea we can win it at City. If we keep winning of course

2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Not at all. I understood you and my point was on players similar to Firmino.

But I don't get the sentiment that non goal scoring strikers can't be amongst the best in their leagues. All strikers are different, and just ranking them based on goals scored is very fickle. 

I don't know where Firmino would rank but strikers can have other traits that make them stand out. As I said, I think ideally between 10-15 goals is the minimum you should aim for to be amongst the elite.

No one has said otherwise.

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Stan said hes not the best in the league.

You said he cant be amongst the best in the league.

It's called being careful with words. If I said "But I don't get the sentiment that non goal scoring strikers can't be the best in their leagues" you would still find a way to twist itI try not to be direct. God you're boring.

I just think you're in need of being petty and try to devalue my arguments which I'm just trying to get involved towards something I know. And don't even give me the argument that I'm making myself a victim, that's what you say when you don't want the others a chance to win. Don't be such a dipshit.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

You're arguing with yourself now. As I said, nobody has suggested otherwise that non goal scoring strikers can't be amongst the best in their leagues.

And give me a few reasons why it was necessary to say that? Other than to be a complete dipshit.

It's getting fucking boring.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Calling him a "non goal scoring striker" implies that he never, ever, ever scores goals.

Wasn't sure how to word it in a better sounding way mate. You know what I meant though if you looked at my previous arguments.

26 minutes ago, Rick said:

I wouldn’t swap Firmino for anybody. Not Aubameyang, not Vardy or even Aguero. 

He is crucial for the way we play. Scores a fair few, but creates so many opportunities for everybody else. 

I think it depends on systems.

I dont think their is another forward in the Prenier League who would accommodate Salah and Mane as well as Firmino. At the same time, I was surprised to see him linked with Bayern as hes not a Lewandowski type forward and I could see fans turning on him if they're expecting a similar player.

How can you play like that and be in the relegation zone? West Ham, really??

To be fair, I expected a classic Hammers rollover tonight and they defied those expectations.

On that showing, they should stay up but watch them struggle in the winnable games.

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think it depends on systems.

I dont think their is another forward in the Prenier League who would accommodate Salah and Mane as well as Firmino. At the same time, I was surprised to see him linked with Bayern as hes not a Lewandowski type forward and I could see fans turning on him if they're expecting a similar player.

I'm still waiting for you to answer my question.

Do you just not want to admit you were being petty?

I was wrong about something clearly irrelevant that shouldn't have even been brought up.

Just now, Inti Brian said:

Wasn't sure how to word it in a better sounding way mate. You know what I meant though if you looked at my previous arguments.

Look mate... I agree with your general argument about Firmino overall on the thread. Clearly you don't need to be a prolific goalscorer to be considered a very very good striker.

But you also can't say things like:

14 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

It's called being careful with words.

And then also not be careful with words at the same time.

7 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

And give me a few reasons why it was necessary to say that? Other than to be a complete dipshit.

It's getting fucking boring.

And what in the fuck is this? We don't need drama just for the sake of drama.

Anyways enough of that. I've had my say on Firmino like strikers and I wanted to congratulate Liverpool fans for getting so close. After all those years of suffering it's finally time you got back on your rightful throne. I've been through similar. Hope you do it in the next 12 points!

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

And what in the fuck is this? We don't need drama just for the sake of drama.

If you don't want drama, a good start would be to tell @The Palace Fan to not make incredibly nitpicky and unnecessary comments.

I'm already in a bad enough place on here. I can't make jokes nor chat football without it being picked at.

Just now, Inti Brian said:

I'm still waiting for you to answer my question.

Do you just not want to admit you were being petty?

I was wrong about something clearly irrelevant that shouldn't have even been brought up.

If you want me to be honest I am choosing to ignore your response because you are going out your way to have an arguement for the sake of having an arguement.  

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

If you don't want drama, a good start would be to tell @The Palace Fan to not make incredibly nitpicky and unnecessary comments.

I'm already in a bad enough place on here. I can't make jokes nor chat football without it being picked at.

Calm it a bit mate, no need for this shite.

Just now, Rick said:

Calm it a bit mate, no need for this shite.

Sorry, you're right. It's just gotten a bit tiring though so it's an easy way to wind me up.

Not going to explain myself any further. Some people in the staff would rather shut this forum down than admit they are wrong.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Some people in the staff would rather shut this forum down than admit they are wrong.

Why do you keep saying this xD

Who's talking about shutting the forum down?!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived