talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-2 West Ham - Monday 24th February, 2020

football forum

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trent's just equaled the record for most assists in the league by a defender. That he set last year, but we've still got 11 matches to go.

That's 12 assists, from right back. The only person above him in the league with assists is KDB with 16. Pretty remarkable tbh.

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Yeah I'm sure Sterling will be gutted. He'll wipe his tears with his two other league title medals...

He's the twat who said he doesn't want us to ever win the trophy. But tbh, I think it'd be great to have the whole Citeh side giving us a guard of honour considering the shite they (their players, not their fans) sang about us after they won the title. City aren't our rivals and I don't really have anything against their fans, other than being from Manchester, but I hate their players.

3 hours ago, Rick said:

I wouldn’t swap Firmino for anybody. Not Aubameyang, not Vardy or even Aguero. 

He is crucial for the way we play. Scores a fair few, but creates so many opportunities for everybody else. 

What about Haaland? :D

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think it depends on systems.

I dont think their is another forward in the Prenier League who would accommodate Salah and Mane as well as Firmino. At the same time, I was surprised to see him linked with Bayern as hes not a Lewandowski type forward and I could see fans turning on him if they're expecting a similar player.

Despite the rumours, I highly doubt that he would join Bayern. I am sure they will go for a goal machine type of striker when they eventually replace Lewandowski. 

I missed the Liverpool match, but it sounds like Liverpool made a bit of a meal of it against the Hammers. They will need to up their game if they want to stay in the Champions League.

As for Firmino, he was never an out and out striker. At Hoffenheim he was an attacking midfielder/playmaker. It's at Liverpool where they decided to place him further forward. He does fit into Liverpool's system very well and he compliments Salah and Mane.

3 hours ago, God is Haaland said:

Don't really understand how people can get so petty and angry about who's the best striker in BPL

when Haaland is 6 times better anyway.

Please keep it civil, guys. 

BPL????? WTF is that?O.o:dam:

Can tell that you are a troll from across the pond already.:D

3 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Sorry, you're right. It's just gotten a bit tiring though so it's an easy way to wind me up.

Not going to explain myself any further. Some people in the staff would rather shut this forum down than admit they are wrong.

You keep mentioning this, but I have never heard anyone suggesting anything about shutting down the forum. I think you overstate your importance here, and that would be true for everyone outside of 1 or 2 members who really keep this place afloat. 

You have mentioned more than once your displeasure with the staff, the forum, and that you aren't in a good place. Maybe it's time you take another break, and this time longer than a couple of days. Just an idea.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Trent's just equaled the record for most assists in the league by a defender. That he set last year, but we've still got 11 matches to go.

That's 12 assists, from right back. The only person above him in the league with assists is KDB with 16. Pretty remarkable tbh.

He's only going to get better if he keeps going. In a span of one game he went from being totally non-focused to being razor sharp in his passing and he clearly cares a lot about how well he does in the position. Those are the qualities I think are the best about him. We came from such dross to playing a youngster who faltered a lot initially to a world class RB now. May it long continue.

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's the twat who said he doesn't want us to ever win the trophy. But tbh, I think it'd be great to have the whole Citeh side giving us a guard of honour considering the shite they (their players, not their fans) sang about us after they won the title. City aren't our rivals and I don't really have anything against their fans, other than being from Manchester, but I hate their players.

Personally I think their fans are absolute dickheads. Would be great to see the fume if their players had to give Liverpool a guard of honour

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It actually surprises me that he's only on 12 given he got two today and there's been 27 games played. I feel like he gets at least one assist every match.

48 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I dont reckon swapping a league and champions league trophy for the Carabaushiek Cup is fair to be honest :ph34r:

You miss understand, we currently have the premier league trophy at our stadium and you have our CL, lets just swap them now ;) 

14 hours ago, Michael said:

What about Haaland? :D

Good question, Michael. Thanks for asking. Haaland is the best striker in the world right now and everybody you'd love to have him playing for their team.

14 hours ago, Michael said:

They only need to win by 2 goals to automatically advance sunshine. I see that Maths couldn't have been your strongest point at school.:D

Scoring a goal against Atléti is not as easy as scoring a goal against West Ham, sunshine.

13 hours ago, Michael said:

BPL????? WTF is that?O.o:dam:

Can tell that you are a troll from across the pond already.:D

What do you think it means? Why are you trying to hurt my feelings, honey? Did I ever say anything mean to you?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived