20 members have voted

1. 1. Rivaldo or Francesco Totti?

2. 2. Kaka or Clarence Seedorf?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rivaldo was 28 years old in 2000. 

I've gone for Totti and Kaka. Both different versions but quintessential stereotypes of the attacking midfielder. Totti also representing a dying breed of loyal one club players will probably have my vote of he makes it to the final.

Rivaldo vs Totti: Totti is a likeable character for being a one club player and his longevity is respectable, but in their primes I see them as miles apart.

There's the question of Rivaldo being more of a 90's player but I still voted for him. Kaka should win the final.

• Subscriber

My best memory of Kaka is him dummying Gerrard(?) and then saying fuck it I'll take the defensive line out too and makes one of the best CL final passes you'll ever see to allow Crespo a chip-goal. At that point I remember thinking we were fucked and he did that all throughout the first half too. He was really unstoppable when he got going. 

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Rivaldo was 28 years old in 2000. 

I've gone for Totti and Kaka. Both different versions but quintessential stereotypes of the attacking midfielder. Totti also representing a dying breed of loyal one club players will probably have my vote of he makes it to the final.

Yes and he was amazing at 28 years old and at 29,30,31 and 32 at least. It's not like the Zola nomination, when he was bloody 34 in the year 2000!xD

8 hours ago, Machado said:

Rivaldo vs Totti: Totti is a likeable character for being a one club player and his longevity is respectable, but in their primes I see them as miles apart.

There's the question of Rivaldo being more of a 90's player but I still voted for him. Kaka should win the final.

I completely agree, I believe that they were miles apart in their primes as well. I think Rivaldo was both a 90's player and a 2000's player, he was a key figure in that Brazilian team that won the 2002 World Cup. It doesn't get much bigger than that as far as achievements and performances go.

Archived