talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pancake Day

football forum

• Administrator

25th Feb.

What does everyone like to have with their pancakes? Nutella, bananas, sugar & lemon, syrup? Or are you plain and boring and have nothing?

(duck does not count as this is not a Chinese restaurant)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Stan said:

25th Feb.

What does everyone like to have with their pancakes? Nutella, bananas, sugar & lemon, syrup? Or are you plain and boring and have nothing?

(duck does not count as this is not a Chinese restaurant)

Boo! 

Duck. 

image.gif?w=499&c=1

• Subscriber

I don't really like sweet/sugary food (except fruit) so much prefer savoury versions of pancakes. Potato pancakes; the Chinese ones with duck or scallion; Vietnamese banh xeo (or Cambodian version of it); etc.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Nothing fancy for me, just bog standard pancakes with sugar... and lot's of them

Not even sure what a duck pancake is... 

9822788f9e04474409dc84bb9f335667.jpg

You have those thin steamed pancakes, put slices of roasted duck, cucumber, scallion on it, add hoisin or plum sauce, then roll it up and eat it. 

Or when you reach max level, you can eat them like this:

vOOgXLc.gif

xD 

32 minutes ago, nudge said:

9822788f9e04474409dc84bb9f335667.jpg

You have those thin steamed pancakes, put slices of roasted duck, cucumber, scallion on it, add hoisin or plum sauce, then roll it up and eat it. 

Or when you reach max level, you can eat them like this:

vOOgXLc.gif

xD 

That all looks very tasty.... that fella looks like he is at an all you can eat one night only special.... I like to be able to taste my food, it's not a race.. xD

4 hours ago, nudge said:

I don't really like sweet/sugary food (except fruit) so much prefer savoury versions of pancakes. Potato pancakes; the Chinese ones with duck or scallion; Vietnamese banh xeo (or Cambodian version of it); etc.

Try those savory French ones with ham and cheese, delicious. Mushrooms are a good filling too.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Try those savory French one with ham and cheese, delicious.

Yeah those are really nice as well!

Also for some reason your post made me crave Flädlesuppe xD 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I don't even know the last time I've had pancakes. 

Usually I eat them with Bacon or Apple here. Speckpfannkuchen or Apfelpfannkuchen in Germany. 

Reibekuchen mit Apfelmus B|

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Reibekuchen mit Apfelmus B|

Well, that's just a whole different kind of Kuchen. Actually a rheinische speciality. Riefkooke in Düsseldorf. I remember a story my mom used to tell me when she first met my dad and visited his parents for the first time. She's from Neuss, and my dad is from Düsseldorf. And when my grandma wanted to give the Reibekuchen to my mom she asked "Op de Fuss?" Which sounds like "on the foot", but actually means "Auf der Faust?" so basically if she wants to eat it with her hands. My mom was very confused. xD

Oh man. I love my city and it's old antics. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, that's just a whole different kind of Kuchen. Actually a rheinische speciality. Riefkooke in Düsseldorf. I remember a story my mom used to tell me when she first met my dad and visited his parents for the first time. She's from Neuss, and my dad is from Düsseldorf. And when my grandma wanted to give the Reibekuchen to my mom she asked "Op de Fuss?" Which sounds like "on the foot", but actually means "Auf der Faust?" so basically if she wants to eat it with her hands. My mom was very confused. xD

Oh man. I love my city and it's old antics. 

I'm kind of wondering if she did try to put it on her foot as a result xD 

Here we just call them "potato pancakes" so it's still a pancake to me :D lt's part of the traditional cuisine here too; also served with Apfelmus sometimes, although Schmand is more commonly used. I personally like to eat them with Quark and salmon.  

And great; this is yet another thread that makes me hungry ¬¬

Archived