talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 0-3 Bayern Munich - Tuesday 25th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, God is Haaland said:

The worst Buyern Hünchen is worse than the worst Chelsea I've seen this season. The best Bayern München is better than the best Chelsea.

Does anybody know what formation Bayern will play in? I doubt even they know.

Is this the hardest to predict match in this round?

The thing your missing above is that the average Chelsea are a fair bit worse than the average Bayern. So on average Chelsea should lose.

Won’t be surprise if we turn up. Been that kind of season. 

Arguably matched the best side in Europe twice already this season and went toe to toe with City. Both sides who are better than Bayern. Current side thrives on being the under dog. 

Pulisic, Kante, and CHO out for us. 

Score draw I think 

I just hope we don't do a Spurs haha. A draw would be an okay result i think, i hope the lads give their best i ask no more. Keep it interesting for the second leg. I can see Frank going for a 3-4-3 formation again, i don't think we were too tired from the Spurs game as it didn't have high intensity. Perhaps some refreshments like Zouma or Tomori, and i think Willian will certainly start as he was rested on the weekend. I'd also start Giroud and then introduce Tammy later on.

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The only match up that’s concerning is Lewa vs Christensen. No doubt Lampard will start him and I think it’ll be a mistake. 

James vs Davies will be a good clash

Süle is injured, Boateng in bad shape. How do you reckon will your strikers fare against Hernandez-Boateng?

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, God is Haaland said:

The worst Buyern Hünchen is worse than the worst Chelsea I've seen this season. The best Bayern München is better than the best Chelsea.

Does anybody know what formation Bayern will play in? I doubt even they know.

Is this the hardest to predict match in this round?

After that Paderborn performance I hope to god its 4 at the back. Even then Boa gives me no confidence anymore, Alaba Hernandez partnership is the only option atm for me.

Anyways exciting tie as always with Chelsea.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Does Alaba usually play CB these days?

So basically Hernandez is just coming back from a long knee injury, Javi Martinez is out, Süle is out long term and we sold Hummels in the off season. There is one young CB (Mai) we have on our roster and Boateng and thats it. Alaba did play a little bit of CB under Pep, hes filled in admirably. The more surpising part has been how well Davies has played at LB. 

15 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

So basically Hernandez is just coming back from a long knee injury, Javi Martinez is out, Süle is out long term and we sold Hummels in the off season. There is one young CB (Mai) we have on our roster and Boateng and thats it. Alaba did play a little bit of CB under Pep, hes filled in admirably. The more surpising part has been how well Davies has played at LB. 

Yes, defence is the one area where Bayern are having some problems. Boateng is past it and he is a liability in defence. Bayern can get away playing him there against the weaker sides, but when it comes to the elite teams, it could be a real issue. Bayern will want Hernandez fully fit as soon as possible. 

59 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

BFW's expected starting 11. Makes alot of sense but well see, Boa is definitely the weak point.

ChelseaFC-FCBayern-UCL-Feb2020.0.jpg

With the exception of Boateng, that looks a very strong lineup. It's great to see that Flick is getting the best out of Mueller again. The last few Bayern managers didn't seem to appreciate his qualities. That position down the centre is his best position and he is so deadly with his timing, his movement and his finishing. He's a great compliment to the legend up top that is Lewandowski. Gnabry and Coman will both be a menace down the flanks just like they usually are, while Thiago and Kimmich will run things in midfield.

Davies and Pavard also love to push forward when Bayern are pressing the opposition back in their own half. Personally, I really see Bayern winning tonight. The draw is also really possible, but I would be surprised if Chelsea win. Bayern just seem to have so much firepower compared to the West Londoners.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Does Alaba usually play CB these days?

Yes he does, but only because of all the injury problems Bayern have had in the centre back position.

Anyway, I will be getting ready to go out to watch this match. It should be really eventful and I think that there will be quite a few goals in this one.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-3 Bayern Munich - Tuesday 25th February, 2020 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived