talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 0-3 Bayern Munich - Tuesday 25th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Consistency. They didn't give the De Bruyne pen, they haven't given this similar one

xD That was more like the Praet one.

I maintain that De Bruyne's hands were away from his body.

That one just now the hand was more tucked in and also it was from much closer and quicker at the defender. So different scenarios anyway...

Rudiger and Christensen are probably our weakest centre back pairing. I would take them both out the next game. 

The system hasn’t suited the game, reminds me of how we used to get dominated by bigger teams under Conte. First game this season where I’ve seen us completely be the lesser team and control barely any of the game.

35 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Rudiger has been dreadful, if people can’t see it in this game then they are never going to see it. Needs to improve massively 2nd half.

I’d say he’s the best of a shit bunch. Dave has had a mare also. 

Good news about this season is that it will show the board just how far we really are. Can’t really put any blame on Lampard other than his inability to improve our defence situation. Our press has also been poor tonight. 

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-3 (Lewandowski, 76') Bayern Munich - Tuesday 25th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

There is only so far we can go with what we have... If we had a solid defence we could at least keep them out and hope we get a break going forward, If we were more clinical up front we could try and outscore them but when you are weak in both areas of the pitch it's a recipe for disaster... pretty much expected us to fall at this hurdle so not overly upset about it... just a shame that's all

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I’d say he’s the best of a shit bunch. Dave has had a mare also. 

Good news about this season is that it will show the board just how far we really are. Can’t really put any blame on Lampard other than his inability to improve our defence situation. Our press has also been poor tonight. 

His positioning and reading of the game has been awful and it’s not very good anyway. We lose something perhaps on the ball with Zouma and Tomori but at least they’re better pure defenders.

We’ve also showed too much respect to the opposition for probably the first time this season.

Just now, Stan said:

Absolutely brilliant from Davies. Skips a few challenges and sets up Lewandowski in the 6-yard box. 3-0.

Davies and David make me think Canada has a seriously bright future in the sport. Especially when you consider they've been Estonia my whole life.

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

His positioning and reading of the game has been awful and it’s not very good anyway. We lose something perhaps on the ball with Zouma and Tomori but at least they’re better pure defenders.

We’ve also showed too much respect to the opposition for probably the first time this season.

I agree with you there in bold but for the first two goals they were a result of Dave getting caught out. Rudiger has to make a decision either attack the ball or let him have a free chance at goal. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Machado said:

Is Davies having the game of his life or is he this good?

He is this good.

I remember watching him in the MLS (not the best standard, I know) but he would pretty much run and dominate every game from the left flank. 

Seems like he's upped his own game since joining Bayern. Playing with better players has helped make him better as well it appears. What I like is that he's not just a speed merchant. He actually can play good football too.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-3 Bayern Munich - Tuesday 25th February, 2020 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived