talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Napoli 1-1 Barcelona - Tuesday 25th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/02/2020 at 13:22, Eco said:

Don't imagine Napoli will get much (if anything) with this draw. 

Probably not, but defensive teams like Napoli are just the type of teams that can frustrate Barcelona. Napoli have beaten Juventus and Inter Milan in recent weeks, so they are starting to pick up form again. Barcelona should win, but it wouldn't be the biggest shock if Napoli get a result tonight in front of their home fans.

I'm not as invested in Napoli as much as I used to be, but I'm still gonna hop on the bandwagon as I have a serious soft spot for them and are still my European side.

Barcelona are in the worst state in years. I still think they'll have a little too much here.

• Administrator

Barca dominating in possession as expected. Napoli with one gameplan to try and catch them on the break. Couple of times they have had space but players were offside.

• The title was changed to Napoli (Mertens, 30") 1-0 Barcelona - Tuesday 25th February, 2020 (1st Leg)
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Zielinski should be on a team like Bayern or Juventus really. Insane talent and he’s just as good as I remember him.

Erm he's not really done that well in the league this season...

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

Griezmann has never ever ever been a world class player.

Very average. He’s Atlético Madrid/Dortmund quality at best.

I'd argue that you just named two world class teams, more so with Atletico. 

Napoli is doing well to frustrate Barcelona. They are playing this one perfectly, with letting them have all the possession of the ball, but 30 yards away from the goal. 

Gattuso drew that one up perfectly. 

Just now, Inti Brian said:

They don’t have the expectation of the big dogs. Griezmann isn’t elite enough to play for Barcelona.

Yeah, I think I know what you meant, just saying let's not forget that those two teams have had a marvelous decade. 

2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Even at Atlético I thought he was overrated to be honest but he’s much more suited to play there than at Barca. 

This kind of bleeds into our conversation yesterday about what makes a good striker. 

I don't think Grez is a world talent that could play in any system, but at Atletico he was elite because he was always in the right position and scored goals by the boat load. 

• The title was changed to Napoli 1-1 Barcelona - Tuesday 25th February, 2020 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived