talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lyon 1-0 Juventus - Wednesday 26th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

I know you love Lyon but he's probably not wrong. Every team will fake injuries. That Ronaldo challenge on Marcal - there was nothing in it xD. Marcal knew what he was doing. Standard time-wasting.

Yeah, but all game there has been nothing bad said about Juventus, he just kept talking about their history, their accolades. 

And you're right, everyone does it, so if he thinks no team plays honest, he needs a new sport. 

Great performance by Lyon. Aouar and Ekambi were a real threat in attack, Tousart and Guimaraes were excellent in midfield and the Lyon defence held firm. Juve should benefit from home advantage in the 2nd leg, but they still have a big task overturning this deficit.

Just now, Michael said:

Great performance by Lyon. Aouar and Ekambi were a real threat in attack, Tousart and Gumaraes were excellent in midfield and the Lyon defence held firm. Juve should benefit from home advantage in the 2nd leg, but they still have a big task overturning this deficit.

This is not a very good Lyon team, they will likely get turned over in Turin, so I'm just going to enjoy tonight. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Yeah, but all game there has been nothing bad said about Juventus, he just kept talking about their history, their accolades. 

And you're right, everyone does it, so if he thinks no team plays honest, he needs a new sport. 

But he's right about Lyon faking injuries though. They probably were.

He's probably saying that stuff about Juve cos he may know very little about Lyon, so just blagging it.

Just now, Stan said:

He's probably saying that stuff about Juve cos he may know very little about Lyon, so just blagging it.

Commentators are supposed to know about both teams involved in the game. They are required to know about the history of both sides involved.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You could be right, but I'd tell him to do his homework. I watch a lot of Serie A where I'm used to Juve getting a lot of calls, but I have never heard a commentator be so one sided. I'm going to have to find out his name. 

Absolutely Lyon were on the ground longer than needed, but again, that is a very common practice that everyone does. It's not a problem with Lyon, it's a problem with the sport. 

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

You could be right, but I'd tell him to do his homework. I watch a lot of Serie A where I'm used to Juve getting a lot of calls, but I have never heard a commentator be so one sided. I'm going to have to find out his name. 

Absolutely Lyon were on the ground longer than needed, but again, that is a very common practice that everyone does. It's not a problem with Lyon, it's a problem with the sport. 

You watched on TNT/BR, right? They've got the worst fucking coverage and commentary - I absolutely hate that they've got CL games in the US.

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

This is not a very good Lyon team, they will likely get turned over in Turin, so I'm just going to enjoy tonight. 

I don't think it will be easy for Juve at all. Although they will benefit greatly from home advantage and they should create much more chances than they did this evening.

Lyon are not an elite side, but they are still a good side. They have several very good players in their team. If they get an away goal in Turin, then Juve will have to score 3 goals, which I don't think will be easy for them. This tie is 50-50 to me at this point.

Well done to Lyon today, they have done their city proud.

55 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You watched on TNT/BR, right? They've got the worst fucking coverage and commentary - I absolutely hate that they've got CL games in the US.

Yep. I pay for BR live. I have never had a problem this bad, but now I'll be on the lookout. 

54 minutes ago, Michael said:

I don't think it will be easy for Juve at all. Although they will benefit greatly from home advantage and they should create much more chances than they did this evening.

Lyon are not an elite side, but they are still a good side. They have several very good players in their team. If they get an away goal in Turin, then Juve will have to score 3 goals, which I don't think will be easy for them. This tie is 50-50 to me at this point.

Well done to Lyon today, they have done their city proud.

Lyon are talented, but have played themselves into mid-table. A massive amount of injuries and losing some key players haven't helped. Now, Juve aren't their typical self and that's been evident all year. Yes they are top of the table, but they are struggled a lot this year in games where they used to win with great ease. 

I might weep if Lyon can knock out Juventus, but I just don't think it'll happen. 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yep. I pay for BR live. I have never had a problem this bad, but now I'll be on the lookout. 

I think 2 seasons ago, I considered paying for BR live - so I could guarantee I'd have every LFC game legally available to me. But their coverage on TNT very very very quickly changed my mind about that. Also I don't know who the fuck Steve Nash is, but I absolutely hate him because of his involvement with their CL coverage last year. I could google him to figure out who the fuck he is... but that tosser's not even worth googling imo.

I'll watch them if a Liverpool game is broadcast by them, because fuck it - I pay for YouTubeTV might as well use it. But any other CL match and I feel forced to resort to less legal means to watch the matches I want to watch just so I don't have to deal with BR/TNT's absolutely shit punditry and commentary.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think 2 seasons ago, I considered paying for BR live - so I could guarantee I'd have every LFC game legally available to me. But their coverage on TNT very very very quickly changed my mind about that. Also I don't know who the fuck Steve Nash is, but I absolutely hate him because of his involvement with their CL coverage last year. I could google him to figure out who the fuck he is... but that tosser's not even worth googling imo.

I'll watch them if a Liverpool game is broadcast by them, because fuck it - I pay for YouTubeTV might as well use it. But any other CL match and I feel forced to resort to less legal means to watch the matches I want to watch just so I don't have to deal with BR/TNT's absolutely shit punditry and commentary.

I'm surprised you don't know who Steve Nash is. He was unreal in the NBA during his time in Phoenix. He was well known for big a big soccer guy, and even doing tricks with a soccer ball before games....

With that being said, I'm not sure what makes him qualified to be on the coverage team of the sport. I do think BR does a great job with their written material, as it's usually not the usual boring story, but I can't NOT pay because the idea of having access to every CL/EL match is worth it. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I'm surprised you don't know who Steve Nash is. He was unreal in the NBA during his time in Phoenix. He was well known for big a big soccer guy, and even doing tricks with a soccer ball before games....

With that being said, I'm not sure what makes him qualified to be on the coverage team of the sport. I do think BR does a great job with their written material, as it's usually not the usual boring story, but I can't NOT pay because the idea of having access to every CL/EL match is worth it. 

I only started watching basketball a few years ago and only because my wife is a massive Warriors fan. Other than that... I really know fuck all about basketball. I can name some players: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, the good players on the Warriors lol... but that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge. Oh Shaq, I know who he is too.

Basketball and baseball references almost always go way the fuck over my head because I'm a foreigner & basketball's not really big in the UK, while baseball's basically the equivalent of this shit game we have called rounders that I always hated in PE - but made more complicated.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I only started watching basketball a few years ago and only because my wife is a massive Warriors fan. Other than that... I really know fuck all about basketball. I can name some players: Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, the good players on the Warriors lol... but that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge. Oh Shaq, I know who he is too.

Basketball and baseball references almost always go way the fuck over my head because I'm a foreigner & basketball's not really big in the UK, while baseball's basically the equivalent of this shit game we have called rounders that I always hated in PE - but made more complicated.

This is the kind of thing he used to do during games...on his way to a hall of fame worthy NBA career. 

17 minutes ago, Eco said:

This is the kind of thing he used to do during games...on his way to a hall of fame worthy NBA career. 

Oh that's actually pretty cool. I still think we should make him sign up here if he wants to chat shite about football though, rather than let him do it on TV and make an arse of himself.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh that's actually pretty cool. I still think we should make him sign up here if he wants to chat shite about football though, rather than let him do it on TV and make an arse of himself.

He is one of those athletes Id love to meet.

8 hours ago, Eco said:

Lyon are talented, but have played themselves into mid-table. A massive amount of injuries and losing some key players haven't helped. Now, Juve aren't their typical self and that's been evident all year. Yes they are top of the table, but they are struggled a lot this year in games where they used to win with great ease. 

I might weep if Lyon can knock out Juventus, but I just don't think it'll happen. 

Yes, I don't believe the mid-table position that they find themselves in is a representation of how good they are. They are a top 4 side in France at the very least. 

The chances of you weeping with joy, are probably greater than you think.;)xD

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

Well, bit unusual, but okay. French engineering I guess. 

Marcelo Brozovic made it popular last season when he did it in style and actually blocked a low kick that would have been a shot on goal.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived