talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid 1-2 Man City - Wednesday 26th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game sums up everything I hate about modern football right now. All this arty farty fucking around with the ball inside the 6 yard box and players just falling over because someone is near them. Why’s it deemed more acceptable to lose the ball on the 18 yard line whilst making some stupid forced pass then a medium/long ball?

10 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

This game sums up everything I hate about modern football right now. All this arty farty fucking around with the ball inside the 6 yard box and players just falling over because someone is near them. Why’s it deemed more acceptable to lose the ball on the 18 yard line whilst making some stupid forced pass then a medium/long ball?

I cant remember the last time I watched an El Classico for that reason. The constant stop start because of short passes and falling over just isn't entertaining.

• The title was changed to Real Madrid (Isco, 60') 1-0 Man City - Wednesday 26th February, 2020 (1st Leg)
12 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Imagine abandoning everything you believe in to park the bus for an hour and then you still somehow find a way to fuck about at the back and concede a shit-soft goal. 

I don't think it's that abnormal to take a pretty conservative approach away from home in the Champions League, especially against a club like Real Madrid. You could make the argument that Pep refusing to have any other approach than his typical approach is what's cost him in Europe in other years.

I don't think them conceding 1 is the end of the world either considering the next leg is back at Manchester. But any more than 1 goal with no away goal, and I think Pep will be feeling pretty displeased. 

• The title was changed to Real Madrid 1-2 Man City - Wednesday 26th February, 2020 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived