talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid 1-2 Man City - Wednesday 26th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck that, I hate both of these clubs but I'd rather see Real Madrid go through over City any day of the week. Fortunately for Real Madrid, they've got the know how to beat anyone over two legs in this tournament. City will be tough opposition for them, but I suspect they'll win in Madrid.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fuck that, I hate both of these clubs but I'd rather see Real Madrid go through over City any day of the week. Fortunately for Real Madrid, they've got the know how to beat anyone over two legs in this tournament. City will be tough opposition for them, but I suspect they'll win in Madrid.

I do think Madrid go through the tie.

I'm yet to see city really win difficult two legged ties in this competition. Madrid on the other hand just know how to get it done.

• Subscriber

Think this one will end in a draw honestly. Madrid will have all the energy at home but I think this City side can take it to them. Don't think either side has enough to best the other in the first match. Fully expect Madrid to go through when they visit the Etihad.

This is obviously a tough one to call. But I have a feeling that Man City are the team that will reach the next round. It's true that Man City for all intents and purposes, have failed in Europe in recent years. But I think that this year, more than ever, they could put their all into doing their utmost best in the Champions League. They are out of the Premier League title race this season, they have been banned from playing in European competitions for the next 2 years and so I think that all their efforts will be placed into doing as well as possible in the Champions League this season.

This evenings game could possibly be a draw or Real Madrid could even narrowly win, but I still think that City will stand up tall at the Etihad and finally deliver against a top European side such as Real Madrid. Despite the doubters, I think that City could very well prove them wrong in this 2 leg tie.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Manchester City should piss this, no excuses. 

Really? Barring one Copa Del Rey tie, they've not lost at home all season and don't concede much which is improvement on previous seasons.

I think Real will be bang up for this. 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Really? Barring one Copa Del Rey tie, they've not lost at home all season and don't concede much which is improvement on previous seasons.

It's not going to be an easy tie for either side the way I see it. But I do give City the edge, despite Real Madrid's good form and despite their experience.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

They're behind to the worst Barcelona side in a decade. I really don't see how Manchester City don't win, vastly superior squad.

5 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

They're behind to the worst Barcelona side in a decade. I really don't see how Manchester City don't win, vastly superior squad.

Atletico Madrid are miles behind both Real Madrid and Barcelona in the league table. Yet Atletico just beat Liverpool a week ago. Barcelona are definitely not as bad as you are making out, they are not weaker than the Barcelona of the last few years, if anything, there could be an argument to suggest that they could be stronger than they were in some of the years that have gone by.

Having said that, I also fancy City to get the better of Real Madrid, but that's simply because City are loaded with talent.

• The title was changed to Real Madrid 1-2 Man City - Wednesday 26th February, 2020 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived