talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scottish FA Needs 'Much Bigger Ambition' - Henry McLeish

football forum

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.61d3a01ac7fd3827918a598907d6564c.png

The man whose review of Scottish football became a blueprint for the future of the game has strongly criticised the Scottish FA for failing to reach many of its targets.

Former first minister Henry McLeish feels "let down" by an SFA board he says are "decades behind".

His review led to the publication of 'Scotland United: A 2020 Vision'.

"There have been some minor successes but we really haven't achieved the goals that were set out," said McLeish.

"It's a question of attitude and I come back to this point I've constantly stressed: the SFA structure is still old-fashioned. It's decades behind and if you look at some of the more promising countries of the world, they're going massively forward and it's all about investment in elite talent."

FULL REPORT

• The title was changed to Scottish FA Needs 'Much Bigger Ambition' - Henry McLeish
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/02/2020 at 09:37, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.61d3a01ac7fd3827918a598907d6564c.png

The man whose review of Scottish football became a blueprint for the future of the game has strongly criticised the Scottish FA for failing to reach many of its targets.

Former first minister Henry McLeish feels "let down" by an SFA board he says are "decades behind".

His review led to the publication of 'Scotland United: A 2020 Vision'.

"There have been some minor successes but we really haven't achieved the goals that were set out," said McLeish.

"It's a question of attitude and I come back to this point I've constantly stressed: the SFA structure is still old-fashioned. It's decades behind and if you look at some of the more promising countries of the world, they're going massively forward and it's all about investment in elite talent."

FULL REPORT

Is this Henry bloke any relation to Alex?:35_thinking:

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Michael said:

Is this Henry bloke any relation to Alex?35_thinking.png

No, I don't think so.

[Henry] McLeish was born in Methil, Fife into a coal mining family. Educated at Buckhaven High School (Wikipedia)

[Alex] McLeish was born in Duke Street Hospital, Glasgow to parents Alex, a shipyard worker, and Jean. He has younger siblings Angela and Ian. (Wikipedia)

Archived