talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Europa League - Round of 32 (2nd Legs) - 26-27th February, 2020

football forum

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Rab said:

Amazing result.

We are ridiculously good at getting results Europe.

The Gers had 'Bomber' Brown and now we have the 6 ft 3 in 'The Fridge' in George Edmundson, a good buy from Oldham and only 22 years old, fantastic last night at the back with the others. :D

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Stan said:

I think the Benfica and Porto games could be decent. Both playing sides with slender leads from their home legs and definitely with capability to turn things around. 

Maybe even Gent vs Roma too. I expect Celtic, Sevilla and Man Utd to get through after getting away goals and draw in first legs. 

Ajax you'd think need an early goal to get back in to the tie against Getafe. 

Yeah, there are plenty of exciting matches coming up this evening. I think the Porto v Leverkusen match should be very entertaining, as both sides love to attack. But Leverkusen have been dealt a big blow with the news that Kevin Volland will be out injured for the rest of the season.

6 minutes ago, Relling said:

Oh Damn!! I was looking forward to watching this match all day. I guess UEFA will now have to find a new date for the game, that both teams approve of. What a wasted trip for the Frankfurt squad. 

• Administrator
49 minutes ago, Relling said:

Cor Coronavirus knows no bounds.

43 minutes ago, Michael said:

Oh Damn!! I was looking forward to watching this match all day. I guess UEFA will now have to find a new date for the game, that both teams approve of. What a wasted trip for the Frankfurt squad. 

Lucky for Frankfurt I'd say. Gives them a bit of a rest for Sunday's match. They looked tired in their last game. 

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

Cor Coronavirus knows no bounds.

Lucky for Frankfurt I'd say. Gives them a bit of a rest for Sunday's match. They looked tired in their last game. 

The Salzburg match has been rescheduled for Friday, which is tomorrow! Which means the Frankfurt players will not have much rest between this game in Austria and the Bundesliga match in Bremen against Werder on Sunday. 

Nudge will no doubt be pleased about this news. But Hutter has always rotated his team selections anyway, so there's usually at least 5 different names in the starting 11 from game to game for Frankfurt. So hopefully some of the players will be fresh and fully fit to play.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Michael said:

The Salzburg match has been rescheduled for Friday, which is tomorrow! Which means the Frankfurt players will not have much rest between this game in Austria and the Bundesliga match in Bremen against Werder on Sunday. 

Nudge will no doubt be pleased about this news. But Hutter has always rotated his team selections anyway, so there's usually at least 5 different names in the starting 11 from game to game for Frankfurt. So hopefully some of the players will be fresh and fully fit to play.

Oh right. Had no idea it got re-arranged that quickly!

• Subscriber

Come on LASK!!!

33 minutes ago, Michael said:

Hope the game goes into extra time and penalty shootout ;) 

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Come on LASK!!!

Hope the game goes into extra time and penalty shootout ;) 

I am sure you would also like to see half our team break their legs against Salzburg as well!>:(

Even then we would probably still beat you!:D

Brekalo scores a lovely goal for Wolfsburg! Wolfsburg take the lead in Malmo!  Malmo 0-1 Wolfsburg!

Brekalo dribbled down the left flank, he then cut inside, played a one two with Weghorst, before unleashing a powerful long range shot that Dahlin the Malmo keeper had no chance in saving.

Both German teams 

31 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

David is crazy!

Seriously he’s gonna he a star just like Davies.

David has really benefitted from the injury to Yaremchuk at Ghent. Yaremchuk was Ghent's leading scorer before he got injured. Yaremchuk and Depoitre were also the preferred strike partnership before Yaremchuk picked up his injury.

But since then, David has come in and he has scored for fun. Jonathan David looks very good, but I think it's too early to get too carried away with him. He will have to prove himself in a tougher league before we start to consider him a potential world beater. But right now, he does look very impressive, it has to be said.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived