talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Europa League - Round of 32 (2nd Legs) - 26-27th February, 2020

football forum

It was a dominant display by both Bundesliga clubs Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen this evening, with both clubs winning convincingly away from home. They will no doubt be joined in the next round by Frankfurt tomorrow, as Frankfurt lead 4-1 from the 1st leg.;)

Porto 1-3 Bayer Leverkusen (2-5 on aggregate)

Malmo 0-3 Wolfsburg (1-5 on aggregate)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eco said:

Turning out to be a bad day for Portugal. 2 teams eliminated, and another will be unless they turn it around. 

Sporting Lisbon aren't eliminated yet and neither are Benfica. So there are still 2 Portuguese clubs still in it, but maybe not for long.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Sporting Lisbon aren't eliminated yet and neither are Benfica. So there are still 2 Portuguese clubs still in it, but maybe not for long.

Oh, my bad. Soccerway said the Sporting had lost. 

Benfica will be out if they don't score. 

• Administrator
Just now, Eco said:

What is there to review with that red card? It's clear, right? 

I can only think they're checking to see if Mignolet was going to save it but I think that is irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

How is there any debate about that? It's deliberate handball to block a shot on goal. If that's not denial of a goalscoring opportunity I don't know what is.

It's not a goalscoring opportunity because he's already taken the shot. It would come under denying a clear goal with the hand. Even with Mignolet in net, I don't think you could argue that's a clear goal.

I think it's a poor decision

Porto, Sporting, Braga are out, and as it stands Benfica are also on their way out.

This is the worst Portuguese football has been since I can remember, maybe ever. It's bad enough to not have any sides in the CL at this stage but to have all four eliminated in the first knock out round of the Europa League... xD

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It's not a goalscoring opportunity because he's already taken the shot. It would come under denying a clear goal with the hand. Even with Mignolet in net, I don't think you could argue that's a clear goal.

I think it's a poor decision

You can't honestly believe this? xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived