• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Europa League - Round of 32 (2nd Legs) - 26-27th February, 2020

football forum

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Piers Morgan wouldn't agree with you there, he wanted him out and got his wish, I wonder what he is thinking of now?  xD

Morgan is a twat. But to be fair most wanted him out at the end. The issue for me is the owners. I'm not sure if any manager could do better than get us in the champions League because that is all the owners want. They won't invest any more or put more resource's ie better scouting etc if they get that. The club are a shambles it's painful to see it

• Subscriber

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Morgan is a twat. But to be fair most wanted him out at the end. The issue for me is the owners. I'm not sure if any manager could do better than get us in the champions League because that is all the owners want. They won't invest any more or put more resource's ie better scouting etc if they get that. The club are a shambles it's painful to see it

I know how you feel though, the issue with a lot of United supporters is Woody & the Glazers, Ole is just a puppet for them and is trying to do his best, a good result last night but can Ole motivate the team to beat the toffees away next, Everton have a top, experienced manager in Carlo in charge who has a better CV than Ole who can motivate players, we shall wait and see.  

17 hours ago, Michael said:

Alario is a very good all round centre forward. He holds the ball up well, he's very good in the air and he's an accomplished scorer. But he does lack pace and that showed once again in the 1st half when he was put through on goal, but the Porto defenders quickly caught up with him.

Alario is very much a regular at Leverkusen, along with the other forwards Volland and Diaby. Now that Volland is injured for the rest of the season, Alario will be even more important for Leverkusen.

I assume Volland being injured is a good thing for us?

2 minutes ago, Rab said:

I assume Volland being injured is a good thing for us?

Yes, it definitely is, as he has been a key player for Leverkusen this season. So one less player to worry about from Ranger's perspective. But Leverkusen are going to be one heck of a challenge for Rangers. Watching them yesterday, they absolutely destroyed Porto, showing real quality in doing so. I can see Rangers games with Leverkusen being some of the most exciting of the next round.

15 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

It's not the worst thing that could happen to you, as Volland is an attacker who creates room for other players in the dangerous spaces, still Leverkusen scored 3 passed Porto without him in Portugal.

15 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, it definitely is, as he has been a key player for Leverkusen this season. So one less player to worry about from Ranger's perspective. But Leverkusen are going to be one heck of a challenge for Rangers. Watching them yesterday, they absolutely destroyed Porto, showing real quality in doing so. I can see Rangers games with Leverkusen being some of the most exciting of the next round.

Fair enough. I'm looking forward to it.

Porto were a worry for me originally in the group stages although we managed to beat them 2-0 at home. The home game is going to be important for us, we can't afford to concede.

12 minutes ago, Rab said:

Fair enough. I'm looking forward to it.

Porto were a worry for me originally in the group stages although we managed to beat them 2-0 at home. The home game is going to be important for us, we can't afford to concede.

It should be a belter as Rangers have also proven they can really step it up against good opposition. The main concern for Rangers fans, would be that Leverkusen are currently showing some of their best form of the season. They have won all of their last 6 games in all competitions! Including defeating Dortmund 4-3, as well as beating Porto both home and away. Hagi and company will have their work cut out against Bayer.

12 minutes ago, Michael said:

It should be a belter as Rangers have also proven they can really step it up against good opposition. The main concern for Rangers fans, would be that Leverkusen are currently showing some of their best form of the season. They have won all of their last 6 games in all competitions! Including defeating Dortmund 4-3, as well as beating Porto both home and away. Hagi and company will have their work cut out against Bayer.

We'll smash 'em.

Confirmed Frankfurt team news and starting 11 is as follows:

Frankfurt: Trapp - Toure, Abraham (c), Hinteregger, N'Dicka - Ilsanker, Rode - Kamada, Sow, Kostic - Silva
Subs: Rönnow, Hasebe, Chandler, da Costa, Durm, Kohr, Paciencia
Out: Fernandes (hip), Gacinovic (match fitness), Russ (Achilles tendon), Torro (knee), Dost (groin)

It looks like a strong line-up that Hutter has put out in Austria. Hinteregger is back to marshall the defence having missed the 1st leg and he will be partnered in defence by N'Dicka and the captain Abraham. There's plenty of experience in central midfield with Ilsanker and Rode, they should both do a good job tonight by winning possession back for us and distributing the ball well. Kostic is an ever present on the left flank, but on the right flank, it seems like Almany Toure has cemented his position as first choice right wing-back ahead of Da Costa and Chandler. Sow and Kamada are in the attacking midfield positions where they will look to support our main striker Andre Silva.

I hope for a professional performance by Frankfurt this evening. A win would be great, but the priority for me is that we play a high standard of football.

19 hours ago, Stan said:

COPENHAGEN SCORE! OMG. Celtic do so much to get back in to the tie and then concede again!

And a copper gets flattened in the celebrations. Oops.

Police Scotland have charged a Copenhagen player and one of their stewards with assault.

Laughable all round.

The amount of Police surrounding the Copenhagen fans was mind-blowing. Almost as if they were all just there to be at the match...

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Police Scotland have charged a Copenhagen player and one of their stewards with assault.

Laughable all round.

The amount of Police surrounding the Copenhagen fans was mind-blowing. Almost as if they were all just there to be at the match...

The fact he's been charged is a joke. Looked just to be wrong place wrong time as players hurtle towards their own fans to celebrate. Bizarre choice to charge him. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived