• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bradford Sack 22-Year Old Tyrrell Robinson

football forum

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Can a paedo be rehabilitated or is it one of those things that is so far gone, hardwired into their brains, that they can never be allowed into a society? Pathetic creatures, not even worth empathy.

Think it would be treated the same as addicts. Finding effective methods to resist their urges. 

It’s a mental illness and I for one respect those that do have their urge but have fought against it their entire life or have openly went to get treatment. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Can a paedo be rehabilitated or is it one of those things that is so far gone, hardwired into their brains, that they can never be allowed into a society? Pathetic creatures, not even worth empathy.

I have no idea. Do they get off on the fact that they're children? If so, they're probably hardwired into it. If they're getting off on the whole abuse of an authority role & corrupting innocence... well they're fucking sick in the head - but it's a question of whether they're just evil or if they've got mental issues.

But like you say, it's hard to feel empathetic to them because what they do is so fucking vile.

18 hours ago, Cicero said:

It’s a mental illness and I for one respect those that do have their urge but have fought against it their entire life or have openly went to get treatment. 

Indeed. There's a good movie about it called "The Woodsman". Being a pedo doesn't automatically make you a criminal. Some fight the urge and know that it's wrong to hurt the children. 

Anyone found guilty of abusing a child should be deprived of liberty for life. That goes for people who hurt children without a sexual motive, it is the most heinous act because it is the attacking of the innocent. I think the same is true of people who attack/abuse people with disabilities and the extremely old/frail. These people are dangerous and must not be allowed freedom again, the risk is too great.

Obviously that's different from people who have thoughts/inclinations but do not act upon them. I'd like to think we can try and help these people, but obviously the prevention of harm must be foremost in our minds.

42 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Indeed. There's a good movie about it called "The Woodsman". Being a pedo doesn't automatically make you a criminal. Some fight the urge and know that it's wrong to hurt the children. 

I saw an article about a guy that lives in the U.S., that has admitted to having strong pedo urges, but instead of acting of them, has moved into the woods with his wife, doesn't interact with children, and takes measures to control himself. Seems completely f'd to me, but this is one of those 'urges' that I will never understand. 

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Spike said:

He is lucky he is not living in a country like Iraq or Afghanistan, they have ways of curing them, enough said. 

Archived