talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Windows

football forum

Transfer Windows  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Summer Transfer Window close before the domestic season begins?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should there be a January Transfer Window?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted no for both. If there wasn't a deadline clubs wouldn't feel rushed to complete deals which means transfer fees and agent fees would not increase at the rapid rate that they do. I'd put a cap of one transfer every twelve months per player mind you.

5 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I voted no for both. If there wasn't a deadline clubs wouldn't feel rushed to complete deals which means transfer fees and agent fees would not increase at the rapid rate that they do. I'd put a cap of one transfer every twelve months per player mind you.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cannot see this happening tbh, if the window shuts at say 5pm on the Friday and the Premier League starts at 12.15pm on the Saturday, it suggests that a number of players signed on Deadline Day would not get the chance to train with their new teams, reducing the likelihood that they'll start a game the following day, which would ruin some of the vomit-inducing hype you get from Sky Sports. 

Ultimately, it's not a bad idea though there are issues like International tournaments in the Summer that reduces time teams have to sign players, especially those involved in said International tournaments. 

Archived