talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

OFFICAL: Inter sign Spalletti to 2 year Deal

football forum

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd hope Pochettino chooses to stay on at Spurs but the potential of Inter right now would be enough ti tempt anyone. Regardless he's a world-class manager and his talents have obviously been recognised.

• The title was changed to Inter Milan Sack Pioli; Pochettino Reported To Have Met With Inter Reps
3 hours ago, Spike said:

Conte is the best manager in the world, to deny him as an option because he managed and played for Juve is insane.

I'm not saying I would, or that Inter would. However, I do hold it against him. He is definitely a good manager, but there are others out there without the strong ties to our one of our main rivals. On other Inter forums, my feelings seem pretty normal.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Conte is the best manager in the world, to deny him as an option because he managed and played for Juve is insane.

He's certainly very good, but I'm not sure about that 

Pochettino has declined.

Inter have reportedly accepted defeat in their pursuit of Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino.

Despite Corriere dello Sport reporting on Tuesday that Piero Ausillio was due to fly out to London to hold talks with Pochettino, the Evening Standard claims the Nerazzurri’s efforts are “certain to end in disappointment”.

“When I signed here I understood the project of [chairman] Daniel Levy; the Tottenham project,” the Argentine told the newspaper.

“We agreed we are not using Tottenham as a platform to sell ourselves, and we have showed from day one we wanted to work in this project and we believed in this project.

“It’s important to be honest with the person that signed you three years ago and invited you to a good project that you agreed to.

“Now it is important to be loyal and work together to reach the next level.”

The English publication also believes Luciano Spalletti is likeliest to fill the vacancy, given his contract with Roma is about to expire and Suning Group recently appointed his former sporting director, Walter Sabatini, as its technical coordinator.

Luciano Spalletti in pole position to become Inter Milan coach - reports

Roma coach Luciano Spalletti has emerged as the favourite to land the Inter Milan job after representatives of the Nerazzurri were spotted in Rome, according to multiple reports.

Gazzetta dello Sport, Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport have all reported that Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio and Steven Zhang, the son of Zhang Jindong, whose Suning Group became majority shareholders in the Serie A club last year, were joined by Suning Sport's new technical director Walter Sabatini for talks in the Italian capital.

Sabatini was Roma sporting director until earlier this season and had a close working relationship with Spalletti, who is set to walk out on the Giallorossi after failing to deliver any silverware this season. His contract with Roma expires this summer and it is reported he has told club bosses he will not sign a new one.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, preliminary talks between Inter and Spalletti have now taken place with an offer of a three-year contract worth €4 million-per-annum on the table. Spalletti would be taking over the reins from Stefano Vecchi, who has been caretaker boss of the club since Stefano Pioli's sacking earlier this month.

Spalletti has picked up 130 points in 56 games since returning to coach Roma last year. A win over Genoa on the final day of the Serie A season would see them increase their club record points haul for a campaign of 87 -- already two more than the 85 obtained under Rudi Garcia in 2013-14 -- and qualify directly for the group stage of next season's Champions League.

It would also mean Spalletti will have led Roma to second place in four of his six seasons in charge over his two spells.

Inter will be seeking something similar next season when they hope to return to the Champions League, having failed to qualify for Europe altogether this term.

Due to UEFA's reforms of the Champions League, from 2018-19 the top four clubs in Serie A next season will all qualify automatically for the group stage of the competition. Currently, two qualify for the group stage and one enters a qualification playoff.

f3f01d7c95493798807aef43213a071b_1000-im

It was blatantly obvious that they were going to end up with someone like him. Always hype up about getting high profile managers and end up with someone else. It's the Inter way.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems a very stopgap move until one of their bigger name targets might move. If he has a decent season and gains a top four spot, Inter will be a hugely more appealing club to take on next summer.

Archived