Leicester 22

Recent Form
Norwich - LLDLW
Leicester - LDDWL

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This game starts a run of four games where we will face teams all sitting inside the bottom six. This is the period of games where we simply need to extend that gap over 5th (or 6th) to make the run-in a bit easier for ourselves.

Norwich (a)
Aston Villa (h)
Watford (a)
Brighton (h)
Everton (a)
Crystal Palace (h)
Arsenal (a)
Bournemouth (a)
Sheffield Utd (h)
Tottenham (a)
Manchester Utd (h)

That's our run in - our final five games frankly worry me. Not rated our displays in big, pressure games at all this situation and going out over two legs to Villa summed that up. Quite simply I don't trust us in-particular in that last two, Sheffield United is a banana skin in every sense and we've got awful records at Arsenal and Bournemouth, though I really think we need to get over the latter if we're to be taken seriously.

We've won 3 games in 12. It's been a relatively hard run of games but it is what it is - and even two of those wins were over an abject West Ham side. Since our eight game winning run we've been mediocre and that's generous. Vardy hasn't scored since before Christmas. We're definitely in a bit of a slump.

Quite simply if we don't pick it up in the next four games I fear the worst for us. Now in the summer we'd have taken Europa League but to be 2nd in January and not qualify for the Champions League would be frankly damaging.

This is a really tough one to call - Norwich are in abysmal form at the minute and haven't scored for a few games. But they're one of the few teams to come away to us and genuinely gun for us, and actually get something - that's more than can be said for a lot of sides.

I could easily see them turning up and beating us, but I could just as easily see us thrashing them.

I assume Ndidi will still be out and Choudhury will still be back. The likes of Tielemans, Maddison and Vardy have got to get their act together - they're producing absolutely nothing right now, for all I give stick to the wide men. Chilwell also needs to seriously sort his form out. He gets a game for England but I'm struggling to justify him even starting for us at the minute.

I'll go 2-2.

• Administrator

Not sure how we'll line up with this. Hamza will be back so gives us that defensive midfield option. Possibility we might go 3 at the back...

Kasper

Bennett - Evans - Soyuncu 

Pereira ------------------------------------ Chilwell

Choudhury

Praet - Maddison

Barnes - Vardy

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Iheanacho scores but ruled out for handball. Looked like it hit Godfrey's arm? 

Looked like it might have first but going by the rule it's not necessarily an infringement from the defender whereas It is for the attacker if it results in a goal

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Looked like it might have first but going by the rule it's not necessarily an infringement from the defender whereas It is for the attacker if it results in a goal

Sadly. Still can't see where it hit Kelechi on his arm or hand tbf. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf him being out of form doesn't mean he's shit.

He is slightly better than Emerson, and for 80 million that is a laughable use of resources. 

Plenty of cheaper and better LB’s. Telles and Grimaldo being two of them 

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What happened to Leicester? Their form in the last 6 isn't great reading, especially considering the good start they'd had at the beginning of the season.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This Leicester team wouldn't be near the top four in a normal season. You've got to credit them for having their better seasons when everyone else is having a shocker though.

Too many passengers and players that aren't good enough right now. We had to strengthen in January but decided not to. 

So many underwhelming players and we've got complacent I think. 

It's worrying. 

What an important win for Norwich City! Norwich now have reduced the gap between them and the teams above them and now have a realistic chance of avoiding relegation if they can keep up this good form. Norwich City played very well tonight against Leicester City and it was a deserved win.

I can hear Delia shouting "LETS BE HAVING THEM!!"xD

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Too many passengers and players that aren't good enough right now. We had to strengthen in January but decided not to. 

So many underwhelming players and we've got complacent I think. 

It's worrying. 

Norwich are relegation threatened but it's only seemed to spur them on in recent weeks. They were bloody tough for us a fortnight ago also.

Is 5th place starting to look a bit close for comfort?

9 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Is Leicester going to drop into the race for Champions League positions?

Are Leicester going to drop into the race for Champions League positions?

There is a chance of that happening as there are plenty of clubs behind them who could potentially overtake them. 

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Michael said:

What an important win for Norwich City! Norwich now have reduced the gap between them and the teams above them and now have a realistic chance of avoiding relegation if they can keep up this good form. Norwich City played very well tonight against Leicester City and it was a deserved win.

I can hear Delia shouting "LETS BE HAVING THEM!!"xD

Did they? I didn't think they were anything special which says more about us than them given they still won the game. 

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

Norwich are relegation threatened but it's only seemed to spur them on in recent weeks. They were bloody tough for us a fortnight ago also.

Is 5th place starting to look a bit close for comfort?

33 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Is Leicester going to drop into the race for Champions League positions?

16 minutes ago, Michael said:

Are Leicester going to drop into the race for Champions League positions?

There is a chance of that happening as there are plenty of clubs behind them who could potentially overtake them. 

It is worrying that the gap is being slowly reduced. It won't always be the case that Chelsea/Man Utd/Spurs/Sheff Utd will always drop points even if they do still all play each other. Even Wolves as well. 

I do worry for our CL prospects despite having a lengthy gap not so long ago. If that's not a motivation for the players to get their arses in to gear I don't know what is?

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Leicester’s remaining fixtures are brutal 

Are they?

The next 5, for a side challenging for top 4 or European spots, area ll winnable. Then it gets touch. Brutal? I don't think so. The only way they could be perceived as brutal is because some of those sides are fighting for survival which makes them tougher. 

The last 3 are the toughest - Sheff Utd, Spurs, Man Utd - especially if they're all still vying for Europe too.

• The title was changed to Norwich 1-0 Leicester - Friday 28th February, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived