talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Norwich 1-0 Leicester - Friday 28th February, 2020

football forum

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

They'll be fine. Not enough teams below them are capable of being consistent enough to outscore them by 10+ points in 11 games, even if they themselves are garbage for the rest of the season.

I'd rather get CL football settled though and playing like this for the rest of the season won't be inspiring at all.

We should have strengthened in January but failed to. This summer could be so important and huge for us as could set us up for the next few seasons all being well. Based on today and last couple of months, some players don't even deserve the CL football to be honest. We'll get rolled over.

• The title was changed to Norwich 1-0 Leicester - Friday 28th February, 2020
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Leicester’s remaining fixtures are brutal 

Anything's brutal when you play like this. The next three should save us but should is the key word - no confidence at all now.

Just awful. Start to finish it was miserable. We are totally predictable.

• Subscriber

Finally home. Christ even in our good seasons we have to throw in the odd day that's just hideous in every way don't we.

That was just awful. Hardly any of them come out of that with a shred of credit.

Collectively mentally weak side and I can just see us crumbling further under the pressure. Can legitimately see us finishing about 7th if we're not careful.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

Shite from Chilwell. 

No surprise. I think we've missed the chance to cash in. Hugely over-rated by those outside of Leicester. He's been horrendous for months.

5 hours ago, Cicero said:

What a bizarre comment. 

I'm just trying to think of a time when your not slamming the Chelsea manager. Mourinho, Conte, sarri, Lampard. They seem to be either passable, or terrible, but never excellent.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Did they? I didn't think they were anything special which says more about us than them given they still won the game. 

It is worrying that the gap is being slowly reduced. It won't always be the case that Chelsea/Man Utd/Spurs/Sheff Utd will always drop points even if they do still all play each other. Even Wolves as well. 

I do worry for our CL prospects despite having a lengthy gap not so long ago. If that's not a motivation for the players to get their arses in to gear I don't know what is?

Are they?

The next 5, for a side challenging for top 4 or European spots, area ll winnable. Then it gets touch. Brutal? I don't think so. The only way they could be perceived as brutal is because some of those sides are fighting for survival which makes them tougher. 

The last 3 are the toughest - Sheff Utd, Spurs, Man Utd - especially if they're all still vying for Europe too.

It will be unbearable if United pip you to fourth mate I hope your guys get it together and steady the course towards t the end of May

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm just trying to think of a time when your not slamming the Chelsea manager. Mourinho, Conte, sarri, Lampard. They seem to be either passable, or terrible, but never excellent.

Tag my name and search posts listing any of those managers’ and you’ll find posts of praise. 

Conte on a coaching aspect was the best we’ve ever had. Sarri’s football is on par with Guardiola’s philosophy. Lampard has all the makings to be a great coach. 

All things I’ve said and still stand by. You’re cherry picking of deserved criticism on managers is just strange. 

• Subscriber

Leicester v Manchester United on the final day doesn't bare thinking about. If they're 2 behind us going into that then it's good as written off for me. This side has been very good at times earlier in the season but I always got a bit fed up of them being rated above the title winning side - again just proving how many people disrespect the bottle that side had, put the two against each other the title winning side would win for sure. This team collectively has no fucking bottle at all and I'll keep thinking that until we prove otherwise.

Any time the pressure is on we fold.

The collective lack of performance tonight was absolutely worrying. It's hard to believe we've just gone to bottom of the league who haven't scored in something like their longest run this century and barely tested their keeper all night.

It's pretty much on the others now to me, and if we do get away with this and make the Champions League then we've got to invest in some quality because we will be humiliated if we aren't careful, and there's no point qualifying if that's the case.

James Maddison needs a rocket. He's really gone off the boil from what I've seen recently. 

We're talking about a player touted for England who could play a big part in the Summer and quite frankly, looks like he's still got a level to go.

I don't know if its off field issues or whatever, but he looks distracted. He should be running games like that last night.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Leicester v Manchester United on the final day doesn't bare thinking about. If they're 2 behind us going into that then it's good as written off for me. This side has been very good at times earlier in the season but I always got a bit fed up of them being rated above the title winning side - again just proving how many people disrespect the bottle that side had, put the two against each other the title winning side would win for sure. This team collectively has no fucking bottle at all and I'll keep thinking that until we prove otherwise.

Any time the pressure is on we fold.

The collective lack of performance tonight was absolutely worrying. It's hard to believe we've just gone to bottom of the league who haven't scored in something like their longest run this century and barely tested their keeper all night.

It's pretty much on the others now to me, and if we do get away with this and make the Champions League then we've got to invest in some quality because we will be humiliated if we aren't careful, and there's no point qualifying if that's the case.

I think whether Man United are in with a shout of top four depends on these next two games. Everton away and Man City at home. Lose both and they've got no chance. Those two games are followed by Spurs away and Sheff Utd at home too.

I'd be more worried about one or two of the others sneaking in. I do think it'll take a level of consistency from two of the sides below you that none have shown so far this season for you lot to drop out though. Not impossible but unlikely

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I think whether Man United are in with a shout of top four depends on these next two games. Everton away and Man City at home. Lose both and they've got no chance. Those two games are followed by Spurs away and Sheff Utd at home too.

I'd be more worried about one or two of the others sneaking in. I do think it'll take a level of consistency from two of the sides below you that none have shown so far this season for you lot to drop out though. Not impossible but unlikely

To be honest I said this about 3/4 weeks ago that I think we'll only win 2 more games this season and will still make it, and that's very much plausible. We've clearly gone to bits it's just whether the others can make us pay for it - that's very much 50/50.

I'll admit it at this point that we just aren't that good.

To me this season has followed this...

- First 7/8 games we were average but kept getting the results.
- Next 9/10 or so we were genuinely very good and looked every inch a top 4 side.
- Ever since Norwich at home, 14th December, we've been really shite.

Most years we'd not be in with a shout, it's because of how poor the league is that we're so comfortable. Maybe I'm being harsh on the back of that yesterday but the most miserable thing is it didn't surprise me in the slightest and that isn't based on nothing.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Lucas said:

James Maddison needs a rocket. He's really gone off the boil from what I've seen recently. 

We're talking about a player touted for England who could play a big part in the Summer and quite frankly, looks like he's still got a level to go.

I don't know if its off field issues or whatever, but he looks distracted. He should be running games like that last night.

He's the one I can't put my finger on. Obviously got the talent but there's something not right. 1 goal contribution in 2020 and that was on new years day. Shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on current form.

I think as a team we're far too nice as well. Nowhere near enough shithousery, too easy to push around, we're like the schoolkid who gets picked on by the others, laughs about it and pretends it doesn't bother them when it clearly does, and what we really should do is tell them to fuck off and spit in their face.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

He's the one I can't put my finger on. Obviously got the talent but there's something not right. 1 goal contribution in 2020 and that was on new years day. Shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad on current form.

Struggles when teams sit back which is indicative of the whole side really. Comes deep to get the ball and therefore not in the position you'd find him - i.e. the player who he's passing to further up in the opposition half.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Struggles when teams sit back which is indicative of the whole side really. Comes deep to get the ball and therefore not in the position you'd find him - i.e. the player who he's passing to further up in the opposition half.

I think we've been completely sussed and need a new strategy but I don't think we've really got the options to do it - our wide options are bottom half level collectively and it was always bound to hurt us eventually.

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

I think we've been completely sussed and need a new strategy but I don't think we've really got the options to do it - our wide options are bottom half level collectively and it was always bound to hurt us eventually.

Think if we go 3 at the back and 2 up top it can help us get back in the flow. Nearly worked against a side like Man City and playing 1 striker up front alone just isn't working right now.

We've got the midfield to do it and the wing-backs. Plus it takes some defensive responsibility off Chilwell (a little). He's the worst of the lot right now, especially yesterday.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think if we go 3 at the back and 2 up top it can help us get back in the flow. Nearly worked against a side like Man City and playing 1 striker up front alone just isn't working right now.

We've got the midfield to do it and the wing-backs. Plus it takes some defensive responsibility off Chilwell (a little). He's the worst of the lot right now, especially yesterday.

I agree and I'm inclined to say that's the system - it's not without its flaws but it's the best way in my opinion that you get your strongest options into the side. The front two can be two of Vardy, Perez and Iheanacho (which I think brings out the best in all three of them), just go back to basics with the midfield and see how it works - the worry is left wing back, I can't word how bad Chilwell has been for literally 2/3 months now, I don't think he'd start for anyone in the league, there's no way on earth he should be starting for England over Saka. It's a big role to throw Justin into and I'm not sure Fuchs has the legs.

Maybe Chilwell just needs to play himself out of form but it's actually quite hard to watch at the minute. I can't get my head around how he's this bad.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

I agree and I'm inclined to say that's the system - it's not without its flaws but it's the best way in my opinion that you get your strongest options into the side. The front two can be two of Vardy, Perez and Iheanacho (which I think brings out the best in all three of them), just go back to basics with the midfield and see how it works - the worry is left wing back, I can't word how bad Chilwell has been for literally 2/3 months now, I don't think he'd start for anyone in the league, there's no way on earth he should be starting for England over Saka. It's a big role to throw Justin into and I'm not sure Fuchs has the legs.

Maybe Chilwell just needs to play himself out of form but it's actually quite hard to watch at the minute. I can't get my head around how he's this bad.

Maybe had his head turned or just finding it generally difficult to get out of bad form. I think around December the crowd were harsh to boo/jeer him for his performances but it's probably that kind of stuff that is getting in to his head. Therefore affecting form. 

If we can go back to Ndidi/Tielemans/Maddison midfield and get those 3 clicking again (especially Youri) I think it'd be positive for us.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Maybe had his head turned or just finding it generally difficult to get out of bad form. I think around December the crowd were harsh to boo/jeer him for his performances but it's probably that kind of stuff that is getting in to his head. Therefore affecting form. 

If we can go back to Ndidi/Tielemans/Maddison midfield and get those 3 clicking again (especially Youri) I think it'd be positive for us.

The crowd have been a disgrace on occasion but there's only so much you can put on the crowd - although it's quite odd how much some of them seem to hate some of our players xD you'd be pushed to find anyone with a good word to say about Maddison yesterday. It's a bit much but there's a quite bizarre discontent given where we are in the league.

I'm not quite sure how you fix this. We've got to just hope the next three opponents are useless because I've got no faith in us right now.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

The crowd have been a disgrace on occasion but there's only so much you can put on the crowd - although it's quite odd how much some of them seem to hate some of our players xD you'd be pushed to find anyone with a good word to say about Maddison yesterday. It's a bit much but there's a quite bizarre discontent given where we are in the league.

I'm not quite sure how you fix this. We've got to just hope the next three opponents are useless because I've got no faith in us right now.

After watching Brighton & Palace today I think if we don't beat them at home, I'd be more annoyed about that than last night. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I don't mind :ph34r:

If we can get away with this we can go from there with a huge bonus - make no mistake we're still in a great position, but if were to blow it from the position we were in then for me that's more damaging than anything that's happened in the last few years, add in the Villa bottling as well it would worry me.

Oh has Rodgers had his tactics sussed out and is refusing to change things up when he very much needs to change things up?

I’m so very shocked. Truly, I am. Who could ever have warned you about this?

Do you have a club legend leaving the club soon? Because he’s not good with handling that either.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh has Rodgers had his tactics sussed out and is refusing to change things up when he very much needs to change things up?

I’m so very shocked. Truly, I am. Who could ever have warned you about this?

Do you have a club legend leaving the club soon? Because he’s not good with handling that either.

Not sure what you have against Rodgers my man. It's pretty clear he's a short term manager. He'll get you some success in earlier seasons then things will wear off. Jose Mourinho is similar. He's not going to do long term building like Simeone or Klopp.

Archived